Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Corner & Old-Timers Inquiry

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

There's a certain point when it becomes harder to find things you don't have already.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Thanks to everyone who contributed!
    Probably the first time I went to his house and did not buy anything!
    Don't worry. With a little Therapy his sales skills will return!!!!

LOL

Glad you're doing well Dave, keep up the good work!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    The little blue pill....it is allowing some blood to flow where it is much needed

Dave

Oh Dave, even sick, you sir, are a riot!
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dave,

With no doubt whatsoever, You are "da Man" in my book!!! I want to thank you for all your past Patience and consideration and understanding when it came to finances. You are the definitive Stephen King Collector Advocate as far as I am concerned and I am heartened to know you are doing well with your recovery!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice deadohsky is on a distinguished road deadohsky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finally got around to reorganizing my collection and took some pictures of the bulk of it. My question pertains to the "Collections" threads.

Not sure what the etiquette is. Do i just start my thread and start posting pictures? Do i upload them here to the site or use a host site? Does it matter? Strictly Stephen King or can it be complete book collection?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just start your thread with the title: Book Collection: deadohsky.

It doesn't matter to where you upload your pictures. I myself use Photobucket, but lots of other contributors use the site's Gallery or Imageshack.

If you look at the collections already out there, you'll see that the majority are King, but there are lots of other books too. We love them all!

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, John nailed it! We encourage all collectors to start a book collection thread.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice deadohsky is on a distinguished road deadohsky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the replies.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, but if you have 2 collections, *don't* try to start 2 threads. I got shot down on that right quick.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been a long time lurker and just figured I'd finally sign up for an account.

My name is Tim and I have been collecting SK for many years. Up until the last couple of years however, I was not even aware that anything besides the trade editions of books even existed. Since that time I have been slowly collecting some of the limited gift editions of the books. Nothing spectacular like so many of you long time collectors have, of course, but I do enjoy wandering the forums and seeing your acquisitions.

My cornerstone of my King collection is my signed Under the Dome, which I received from the Manchester, VT tour last year. It was my first King event and my first and only signed King book. Well, not quite accurate, a couple of weeks after the signing, I negotiated a bulk purchase from Northshire (sponsor of the event) for their remaining case of signed copies. Not quite the same though, since they are all the same book. I figure I'll hold on to them for awhile and see what happens. Another prize (for me anyway) was my recent acquisition of the Subterranean gift edition of The Green Mile. I've had my eye on that publication since the week I discovered limited editions and committed to it a few days ago when I got a deal on eBay for almost 1/3 off the retail price.

So anyway, nice to meet you all. I imagine I will be a somewhat regular poster around here now.

Cheers!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome out of the shadows, Tim! Sounds like you are already familiar with the forum, however more member privileges will open to you now that you have joined and once you have made a mere 5 posts.

Please make yourself at home and join in the discussions!

- Patrick

p.s. So how many signed UTD's do you own?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

P.S. That "thegreattim" thing is not me being arrogant, it's me being too lazy to come up with a different name that the one I picked out in high school. I'll forever be thegreattim to the internets now.

I've been meaning to go with "Some Call Me Tim" for a while now (in honor of the funniest movie of all time) but I refuse to add numbers to my internet names and all the free somecallmetim@whatevers have been taken for years now. And I'm one of those people who really gotta have everything match up.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Patrick!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    p.s. So how many signed UTD's do you own?
    11 originally, the one from the signing and 10 the week later. I did however agree to sell, at cost, 3 to my friend who drove from MI to VT with me to see King speak.

Country
    Country Flag

however more member privileges will open to you now that you have joined and once you have made a mere 5 posts.
    I imagine this is why I cannot see some of the photos that members are posting?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    however more member privileges will open to you now that you have joined and once you have made a mere 5 posts.
    No. That is probably your browser. Sorry.

Country
    Country Flag

No. That is probably your browser. Sorry.
    Hmmm... I'll have to look into that. Using FF 3.6.12 currently.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Welcome to the site, Tim.

I look forward to seeing pics of your collection!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Tim. That was a great deal you got on that case of signed books!

John

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Tim~

You could always try "the Tim Man" since you're not out in Kansas anymore

I have almost that many wooden cases for UTD left over!!
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Welcome Tim~

Thanks for the welcome! Wooden cases? Like a traycase type of deal? Hmmm... I've been meaning to get something like that to hold my original signed copy I'm keeping for may collection!

Right now, it's just sitting all naked on the shelf... are these by chance something you were/are selling?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Welcome, Tim. That was a great deal you got on that case of signed books!

John
    It was a pretty great deal. They weren't retail, but they were not a ton more either.The only trick was to convince my wife that 10 signed UtD would be a worthwhile investment in a few years!

Also, thanks for the welcome! This place is just a wealth of info, resources and good conversations!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Tim~

Thanks for the welcome! Wooden cases? Like a traycase type of deal? Hmmm... I've been meaning to get something like that to hold my original signed copy I'm keeping for may collection!

Right now, it's just sitting all naked on the shelf... are these by chance something you were/are selling?
    Dolso is nothing less than an artist - he makes beautiful wooden slipcases. Check out his Collection thread to see some examples.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Dolso is nothing less than an artist - he makes beautiful wooden slipcases. Check out his Collection thread to see some examples.
    Biomieg, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Dolso... I'm in awe. Those cases are absolutely stunning! Beautiful work.
    Last edited by thegreattim; 11-05-2010 at 09:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Welcome Tim~

Thanks Biomieg ~ Thanks Tim ~ I appreciate the compliments!!

Yes to both questions.. I was and am selling them. I have to pay the doctors somehow & none of them are too thrilled about trading for SK stuff!!!
    Seriously, I have several left over that are just taking up room. They're several different styles...some un-engraved trade edition slipcases, one or two trade traycases, a couple S/L Traycases.. maybe a S/L slipcase (have to check).
    PM me if you're interested in them, I'll check to see what I actually have.
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Along the Path of the Beam debungsmere is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone, great forum. I am a young collector, 29 years old. So I try to do it on a budget so it comes pretty slow. I have moved on to King books, mainly the Dark Tower Series.

I started book collecting by trying to get a complete set of 1st edition Kurt Vonnegut books. There are a lot of them, but I have managed about 12 of them now. My most expensive one is a Slaughter House V first edition, which is about $600 at minimum from what I can gather of the latest sales.

I have also tried to collect the Harry Potter books. Which have gotten ridiculously expensive. My biggest regret was passing on a true 1st of Philosopher Stone and Chamber of Secret for $900. I lost it at the last minute about 7 years ago. Now the original is almost non-existent in an auction format... sigh. So I have told myself even if I cant afford it in the future, if I think its a deal I am going to go for it and let time work itself out.

With that said, I recently came into possession of a true first of Gunslinger, maroon book, printing of 10,000. I also own a Dark Tower VII A/E copy. Now I just need to fill in the middle!

Looking forward to reading and learning from you all!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast