Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Corner & Old-Timers Inquiry

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, the new It book. Would you not call the gift edition a first edition of that edition? It's not the very first first edition, but it's a new book, it's the first non-signed edition. Or is it because it is limited? Maybe that cancels out the "trade" part of it? In that case, what's the requirement to be a "trade edition" then? Bookstores? Thanks in advance, I'm curious.

Shannon

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    OK, the new It book. Would you not call the gift edition a first edition of that edition? It's not the very first first edition, but it's a new book, it's the first non-signed edition. Or is it because it is limited? Maybe that cancels out the "trade" part of it? In that case, what's the requirement to be a "trade edition" then? Bookstores? Thanks in advance, I'm curious.

Shannon

Good question, Shannon. I always love to review and refresh my knowledge from these responses. And I'm not being snarky. These responses always intrigue and educate me. Personally, I LIKE gift editions, because a lot of times I cannot afford S/L's until way after the fact. Casualty of a fixed income and a watchful wife!!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The new IT book will be a "reprint".

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Wouldnt it be called a first edition thus?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Can't put my finger on it, but I really hate that "Thus" designation. Maybe because few really understand it and take it seriously? Whenever I see a "First Edition Thus" I'm very leary. Probably cause I don't quite "get it" either!!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Can't put my finger on it, but I really hate that "Thus" designation. Maybe because few really understand it and take it seriously? Whenever I see a "First Edition Thus" I'm very leary. Probably cause I don't quite "get it" either!!!! LOL LOL
    It confuses me too. Biblio.com defines "1st Edition Thus" as:
    1st edition, thus
    Indicates that this is not the first appearance of a book in print, but that this is the first appearance in a substantially different format than the true first edition. For example, a first illustrated edition of a book, or even a first paperback release of a book originally published in hard cover. "

Thusly, Based on their definition a gift edition would be a thus 1st edition...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    It confuses me too. Biblio.com defines "1st Edition Thus" as:
    1st edition, thus
    Indicates that this is not the first appearance of a book in print, but that this is the first appearance in a substantially different format than the true first edition. For example, a first illustrated edition of a book, or even a first paperback release of a book originally published in hard cover. "

Thusly, Based on their definition a gift edition would be a thus 1st edition...
    Thanks for the info TwistedNadine!!!! I'll refer to this post in the future, Count on it!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I generally skip the Gift Editions and go straight for the S/L edition. But it's not from any dislike of gift editions, it's a financial decision. That said, I do own a few gift editions (as well as artist's editions).
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone who uses the word "thus", should be kicked repeatedly until they promise never to use that word again!

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Anyone who uses the word "thus", should be kicked repeatedly until they promise never to use that word again!
    Ouch. Ok I can take a hint. Its a pretty stupid use of the word anyway. As far as Im concerned its either a first edition or its not.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thus the plan to eliminate usage of the word.

My Mood
    Twisted

So the plan is to eliminate THUS and reinvent REMARQUED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Precisely.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't let Carlosdetweiller hear that!!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm 100% pro gift editions. I'm a fan of the man's work, not necessarily the man himself so his signature means very little to me. Gift editions are still high quality books.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I'm 100% pro gift editions. I'm a fan of the man's work, not necessarily the man himself so his signature means very little to me. Gift editions are still high quality books.
    I agree. I mean he's a freaking Red Sux fan, for crying out loud!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Resident Chris is on a distinguished road Resident Chris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I´m also a big fan of Gift Edition. They allow me to own a beatiful Version of a book with a little money!
    My Wishlist: Gift Editions
    Green Mile
    Talisman
    One for the Road
    It Gift Ed.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I've always wondered why they are called "gift" editions. To whom are we supposed to give them? Do most people buy them as gifts for others? I sort of doubt it but I could be wrong

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's funny because my first collectible was a gift edition and it was a gift from my wife.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    That's funny because my first collectible was a gift edition and it was a gift from my wife.
    That is funny. Your wife sounds great.

Country
    Country Flag

The UK H&S Dolores Claiborne was officially called, Christmas Gift edition.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My guess would be that they may have been produced to be "Gifts" to collectors and/or fans of the author, but became collector items some where along the way. Sort of how they keep offering "Gift" edition's of the "Classics" like LOTR, Catcher in the Rye, Everything "Dicken's", etc. Specially bound and produced editions for folks to give as "Gifts", I suppose. Just MHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice stevohump will become famous soon enough stevohump's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Where can I find a list of SK books exact publication date. I thought I saw one on here one time. Thanks for any info
    ROLL TIDE......14 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

The souls of humans have become poor and transparent things.
    - Elvid in "Fair Extension"

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Search this forum.
    Hint, it's on page 2 at this time.

Gunslinger Apprentice Airtraffic is on a distinguished road Airtraffic's Avatar

Default Long time no see!

Sorry all.....I had fallen into a huge slump.....but now I think that I need to climb out of it.

I know I need to catch up with everyone....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast