Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which do you prefer physical/ digital book, or audiobooks?

Gunslinger Apprentice evilash is on a distinguished road evilash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Physical books, 100%.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Just what was the question again?
    that's what my mother's whole apartment looks like. And books stand two deep on her shelves. My own apartment used to look the same, but now that I have my darling Kindle, I gave some books to friends, some to hospitals and other institutions... so now there's at least some room to put a cup, a lamp, a teddy bear...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Jean... Did you see the book in the lower right hand corner? (IN THE PHOTO ABOVE)

"THE OTHER CORNER"

JUST PART OF THE OVER 10,000 BOOKS IN THE COLLECTION (AND I STOPED COLLECTING THESE 18 YEARS AGO)ALL MOVIE & T.V. TIE-INS & FILM RELATED BOOKS & MAGAZINES & PULP REPRINTS.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jean... Did you see the book in the lower right hand corner? (IN THE PHOTO ABOVE)

"THE OTHER CORNER"

JUST PART OF THE OVER 10,000 BOOKS IN THE COLLECTION (AND I STOPED COLLECTING THESE 18 YEARS AGO)
    I reiterate...WOW!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that an empty shelf, Bruce???? What the hell is that doing there??? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Believe it or not behind the bookshelf above is a window & behind that window is a bird nest & my two cats ("CHURCH & HEY... LITTLE ONE") throw the books on the floor to watch the birds so I leave them empty & those are the ONLY empty ones in the house.

Part of the T.V. scripts & Monster Magazines collection. There is a door behind the wall on the left.
    The other side of the door.
    Spoiler:

Hardcover Movie Tie-in Books & magazines

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes!!! I don't recognize the book, though - is it one of those "unauthorized" biographies, God forbid?

Country
    Country Flag

yes, Kiernan book is a real gem. I wrote about it in my blog. It's one of these rare products of imagination where there's not a word of truth (that includes the prepositions, conjunctions and all the rest of that crap)

sorry for the offtop

[end offtop]

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Definitely physical books for me I've listened to some audiobooks as well because I have a long commute, but I reserve that for books I'm re-reading or ones I wouldn't otherwise read.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    ...I reserve that for books I'm re-reading
    I think that is good usage of audiobooks. I might be able to get into audiobooks for rereads.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Holy crap needfulthings that right there is why I had to switch to reading on my iPad. I own about 100 book and 1,000 comics. The comics are on my iPad and a good portion of the books I have are through the kindle app. I'm slowly switching over my book collection to kindle and keeping the really good books. Things that have been written by both Stephen King and Douglas Preston and Lincohln child will always stay with me.

On a side note Kindle has just released an update for the iPad that will sync both the kindle and audio version so you can switch between the two. You can also play the audio version while reading and the kindle app will flip pages automatically for you.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    Like the title asks do you prefer to read your book or listen to it? I own a bunch of books both physical and on kindle but I find it harder and harder to find the time to be able to sit down and read. I've started to think about getting the audio version so I can listen while I'm working in the yard or driving or what ever else.
    I only read physical books on vacation. I do buy them and it feels great to buy a physical book bc I know exactly what I'm going to read, when and I know I will enjoy it!
    I'm in the car 20 hours a week so I listen audiobooks pretty much non-stop. I love it and I'm really glad that Steve made them a viable medium to ingest stories.
    Some narrators are better than others though so try previewing a book before you buy.
    I've read books on the phone and the kindle, once I'm into the story it doesn't matter what its on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2