Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 165 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a new one to me as well...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think PS has made this set so confusing with the two Thinner variants BUT... are they numbered or lettered? I thought they were numbered... (thinking of Tim and his #1 they gave to someone else).
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I think PS has made this set so confusing with the two Thinner variants BUT... are they numbered or lettered? I thought they were numbered... (thinking of Tim and his #1 they gave to someone else).
    They are essentially the numbered edition, but lettered with the subscriber's letter. I have some PS Lettered editions where there is a proper letter C out there and my copy to differentiate is lettered 'C' in apostrophes or says SUB C (26 lettered copies + 26 out of series lettered subscriber copies). This is something they have done from the start. Confusing? YES! The Thinners are out of series books in addition to the numbered edition of 974 (also there are copies of The Colorado Kid which are lettered). Now PS have started doing their Super Deluxe Lettered editions like Carrie which are not included in the subscription - I had to pay extra and request my copy C.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the clarification
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    They are essentially the numbered edition, but lettered with the subscriber's letter. I have some PS Lettered editions where there is a proper letter C out there and my copy to differentiate is lettered 'C' in apostrophes or says SUB C (26 lettered copies + 26 out of series lettered subscriber copies). This is something they have done from the start. Confusing? YES! The Thinners are out of series books in addition to the numbered edition of 974 (also there are copies of The Colorado Kid which are lettered). Now PS have started doing their Super Deluxe Lettered editions like Carrie which are not included in the subscription - I had to pay extra and request my copy C.
    Out of interest Jon, if you have both variants of thinner, would the second also be 'C' or would it just be numbered?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Out of interest Jon, if you have both variants of thinner, would the second also be 'C' or would it just be numbered?
    Both my variants are C, if I then bought extra copies they would be numbered. The only way they could be matched was because they are out of series PC copies for subscribers and just had my subscriber ID as a limitation letter. Impossible to do with the numbered (unless you doubled the print run which I think Pete would have difficulty in selling and also he was probably only contractually limited to 974 numbers) as you would have non-consecutive and missing numbers and double numbers. Having these variants certainly buggered up people having a full set. I can never have a full set due to not having Christine letter C (doesn't exist). So I will never a full set from the very first book!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Why no subscriber letter 'C' of Christine?

(and I agree the variant Thinner is an annoyance The completist in me made me buy it but I would rather it had never existed.)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Why no subscriber letter 'C' of Christine?

(and I agree the variant Thinner is an annoyance The completist in me made me buy it but I would rather it had never existed.)
    Unfortunately, there was not enough limitation sheets for all copies, so customers who bought copies got the signed editions and with subscribers getting copies without limitation pages.

Country
    Country Flag

I avoided all PS stuff.... I found it a little frustrating. I am happy for people that get what they are after and I think Thinner is the best one yet for sure. The completest in me cries at the fact I didn't but me wallet smiles
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King - The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon - US Manuscript Proof (one of reportedly 13 copies)

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Jon, congratulations on that proof!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Jon!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks John x2 and Paul

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I now have all three variants of the US first of Black House
    Stephen King / Peter Straub - Black House - US 1st/1st HB ('DC' Book Variant)
    Stephen King / Peter Straub - Black House - US 1st/1st HB ('Q' Book Variant)
    Stephen King / Peter Straub - Black House - US 1st/1st HB ('DH' Book Variant)

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, Jon! That's a complete set now! I love Black House, very dark (no pun intended)!

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're a collecting madman, Jon!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Awesome, Jon! That's a complete set now! I love Black House, very dark (no pun intended)!
    My favorite as well. Congrats!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Jon. And I thought I was a variant freak! I'm going to have to get the other states of this one at some point...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

My favorite as well. Congrats!!
    Thanks John and Bill. The Black House is one of the few SK books I haven't read. I think I will have to re-read The Talisman before starting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Congratulations Jon. And I thought I was a variant freak! I'm going to have to get the other states of this one at some point...
    Thanks Paul, Being a completionist I would probably try and get all variants at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    You're a collecting madman, Jon!
    I certainly am!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks John and Bill. The Black House is one of the few SK books I haven't read. I think I will have to re-read The Talisman before starting on it.
    Interesting, Jon, I actually read Black House and loved it, but have not read The Talisman.

I had tried to read The Talisman back when it first came out in the mid 1980s but couldn't get into it at the time. I have it now on my Kindle to try again now that I am more motivated!

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting, Jon, I actually read Black House and loved it, but have not read The Talisman.

I had tried to read The Talisman back when it first came out in the mid 1980s but couldn't get into it at the time. I have it now on my Kindle to try again now that I am more motivated!
    One of my favorites!!!! READ IT! WOLF SAYS SO!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

John & Kris, Do you think it can be read as a stand-alone book? No need to recap on The Talisman, which I have now totally forgotten the story, its been so long since i've read it!

Country
    Country Flag

John & Kris, Do you think it can be read as a stand-alone book? No need to recap on The Talisman, which I have now totally forgotten the story, its been so long since i've read it!
    I had no problem reading it as a standalone. It mentions some things from The Talisman but I had no trouble with feeling 'lost' or anything. I really liked its 'darkness' and honestly couldn't tell what parts King had written and what Straub had written!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, I might try that one next after I've finished Dean Koontz's The City.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 165 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast