Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 165 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations! I wasn't aware that copies were discarded due to the 'limted' misspelling (which I didn't know about either). And neither did I know that they were going for such outrageous prices!

You can probably tell that there's a lot I don't know... (and it's even worse since I became a father... I have no short- or long-term memory left to speak of...)

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Congratulations! I wasn't aware that copies were discarded due to the 'limted' misspelling (which I didn't know about either). And neither did I know that they were going for such outrageous prices!

You can probably tell that there's a lot I don't know... (and it's even worse since I became a father... I have no short- or long-term memory left to speak of...)
    Thanks, Michaël. As far as pulped copies go, I am only relying on a couple of comments on the site, they may not be accurate. The highest prices did not sell, as IMHO they are extremely overpriced. I was surprised one sold at $1300!

Kids have certainly have addled my brain as well!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Jon. I'm also surprised one sold for $1200. Although I suppose it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay, and it's certainly a desirable proof. Waiting for a better deal paid off for you. It's a really nice one to have.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

More Wednesday awesomeness, Jon. I had no idea this proof went for so much dosh!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jon for this supercool Limted proof !!!

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Jon! A great pickup and another tough one to find.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

You really DO learn something new almost every day on here! Congratulations, Jon. Another beauty.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Jon!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Impressive, as usual.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool Jon. Impressed as always.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Congratulations Jon. I'm also surprised one sold for $1200. Although I suppose it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay, and it's certainly a desirable proof. Waiting for a better deal paid off for you. It's a really nice one to have.
    Thanks Paul. If true it's crazy money for a sale of this proof and the other proofs up for sale are ridiculous. BUT if someone really wants one! It would be interesting to know, if some was pulped, how many are remaining?

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    More Wednesday awesomeness, Jon. I had no idea this proof went for so much dosh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Very nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Congrats Jon for this supercool Limted proof !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Congratulations, Jon! A great pickup and another tough one to find.
    Thanks Antoni, Ari, Frank and Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    You really DO learn something new almost every day on here! Congratulations, Jon. Another beauty.
    Thanks Alan. Same with me learning something new most days. Problem is some new fact goes in but a couple fall out the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Very nice, Jon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Impressive, as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Very cool Jon. Impressed as always.
    Thanks Brian, Brian and Dan.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post

Thanks, Michaël. As far as pulped copies go, I am only relying on a couple of comments on the site, they may not be accurate. The highest prices did not sell, as IMHO they are extremely overpriced. I was surprised one sold at $1300!

I am pretty sure I sold one a year or so ago, for about $100 or so. Shit! Don't remember who I sold it to...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did I forget it was Wednesday?! Very nice one, Jon! I had no idea how rare that one is!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice, that was the one that a newbie had was it not Jon? Good grab mate
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post

I am pretty sure I sold one a year or so ago, for about $100 or so. Shit! Don't remember who I sold it to...
    Ouch! Yes, it seems to be worth more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    How did I forget it was Wednesday?! Very nice one, Jon! I had no idea how rare that one is!
    Thanks Dez. Yes, it's quite rare. I've only seen a handful for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Nice, that was the one that a newbie had was it not Jon? Good grab mate
    Thanks Kris. Yes, it was the one that appeared in the proof thread for an opinion a couple of weeks ago by Hightower. It appeared on eBay UK and I snapped it up.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this was the last of the endless UK variant Dustjackets that I needed (excluding proof DJs). I'm happy to finally have it my collection. I would like to thank Alec for his generous gift of this elusive variant 1st.

Stephen King - 11/22/63 - UK 1st/1st HB Silver Lettering Variant

The Red and Silver variants side by side for comparsion.

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 05:11 AM.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! They do seem to be scarce. Congratulations on reaching another milestone.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Jon! One of my favorite King novels. I've been after that elusive variant for a long time. Very nice of Alec too.

Country
    Country Flag

When I first saw the red-lettered state I thought that one was the anomaly - the copy I got from a local bookstore when the book came out was the silver-lettered state. Only after seeing more and more pics of other books and discussing the book here I figured out that I got lucky. Got myself a red-lettered state as well and sold them as a set a while later.

I'm not sure which colour I like better.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool addition. Alec is a stand up guy!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Jon!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! They do seem to be scarce. Congratulations on reaching another milestone.

When I first saw the red-lettered state I thought that one was the anomaly - the copy I got from a local bookstore when the book came out was the silver-lettered state. Only after seeing more and more pics of other books and discussing the book here I figured out that I got lucky. Got myself a red-lettered state as well and sold them as a set a while later.

I'm not sure which colour I like better.
    Thanks Michaël. I was unaware of this variant until only a year or so ago. I never noticed any differences in the bookstores at the time. Now with recent releases, I look at the dustjackets and books closely to see if there are any variants and compare them between bookstores so as not to miss any potential variant at release.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Very nice Jon! One of my favorite King novels. I've been after that elusive variant for a long time. Very nice of Alec too.
    Thanks Paul. It's my favorite novel of King's modern releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Very cool addition. Alec is a stand up guy!
    Thanks Dan. Alec sure is a stand up guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Very nice, Jon!
    Thanks Brian.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rare Proof Wednesday Week 23 - A fairly scarce early US proof

Proof #123 - Stephen King - Skeleton Crew - US Advance Uncorrected Proof

Last edited by jonp; 07-13-2017 at 06:34 AM.

Country
    Country Flag

One of my all-time favourite proofs! Congratulations!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 165 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast