Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 165 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Wow, nice Jon! Congrats on those beauties!
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    That's really nice Jon. You have a great collection of Pratchett books. I don't have as many hardcovers. Mostly those signed paperbacks and a few proofs. I was also upset to hear of his passing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Congrats Jon for this very nice Pratchett collection !!!
    Thanks John, Paul and Frank.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Unsigned Limited Editions

Terry Pratchett / Stephen Baxter - The Long Earth - UK 1st Limited Edition Slipcased HB - 577/1000

Terry Pratchett / Stephen Baxter - The Long Mars - UK 1st Limited Edition Slipcased HB - 717/825

Terry Pratchett - Dragons At Crumbling Castle - UK 1st Limmited Edition Slipcased HB (with Art Print)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed Numbered Limited Editions

Terry Pratchett - The Carpet People - UK S/L - 575/1000

Terry Pratchett - Wintersmith - UK S/L - 844/1000

Terry Pratchett - Making Money - UK S/L - 503/2500

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've never read any of Pratchett's books, but his covers look awesome. I'll have to check his stuff out! Do you have a recommendation for a good books to start with? Beautiful books btw!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

You have a really nice collection of Pratchett books Jon. I've never seen any of the limiteds before.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Long Earth is a great book - difficult to believe it involved the same author as Discworld (which is also excellent, but so very different)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I really like the artwork on those 'WORLDS' books.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Meagan J View Post
    I've never read any of Pratchett's books, but his covers look awesome. I'll have to check his stuff out! Do you have a recommendation for a good books to start with? Beautiful books btw!
    Thanks Megan. I suppose the best place to start is with the Discworld novels, the first being The Colour Of Magic. However, there are 41 of them!

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    You have a really nice collection of Pratchett books Jon. I've never seen any of the limiteds before.
    Thanks Paul. There are quite a few S/Ls. I only have a handful.

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    The Long Earth is a great book - difficult to believe it involved the same author as Discworld (which is also excellent, but so very different)
    Thanks Simon. I haven't read the Long series books yet. The fourth is being released in June. If they are very different, they are probably very influenced by Stephen Baxter.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I really like the artwork on those 'WORLDS' books.
    Thanks Steve. I agree they are very nice covers. I really like the matching coloured edges to the pages.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!!! Love a lot of the art!!!

I may get chided for this, but I'm nothing if not honest. I confess I know nothing of this author, but I am intrigued. If you were initiating someone to his works what would you suggest? I think I want to read this man's work. Thank you your indulgence.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bill.
    Terry Pratchett is not as popular in the US as he is in the UK. His genre was witty fantasy but the books with Stephen Baxter were science fiction. If you are into science fiction then read the Long series books. But Simon says these are very different from his usually works. If you want his fantasy books, I would start with The Colour Of Magic. It is the first of his Discworld books - it can be read as a standalone book but the whole series is forty plus books.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Thanks Bill.
    Terry Pratchett is not as popular in the US as he is in the UK. His genre was witty fantasy but the books with Stephen Baxter were science fiction. If you are into science fiction then read the Long series books. But Simon says these are very different from his usually works. If you want his fantasy books, I would start with The Colour Of Magic. It is the first of his Discworld books - it can be read as a standalone book but the whole series is forty plus books.

The Colour Of Magic, it shall be!!! I'll order it, read it and get back to you. Thanks!!!

Edit: Ordered a copy and it's on the way!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those really are beautiful! And a cool signature he has!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Pratchett collection. I have a paperback of The Colour of Magic that has been sitting on my shelf needing to be read.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Those really are beautiful! And a cool signature he has!
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Very nice Pratchett collection. I have a paperback of The Colour of Magic that has been sitting on my shelf needing to be read.
    Thanks John and Theli

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are cool!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

cool book, love Pratchett !

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Becca and Sebastian.

Stephen King / Richard Bachman - Thinner - UK 1st Printing 2012 PB Reissue

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Interesting cover. I've read the book but I don't remember anything about a chicken though.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Interesting cover. I've read the book but I don't remember anything about a chicken though.
    It has been so long since I've read Thinner so I'm not sure where the bird comes into the story also. I assume it's a vulture similar to the PS cover.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a future to me. Cool cover actually.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Theli.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I received this today. Very nice production with a Dolso Case which is my first. Pity it is NOT signed by Stephen King and only Stewart O'Nan, but it comes with a signed card of Trot Nixon. AS I know zero about Baseball, is he any good? Is it a good card to have?

Stephen King / Stewart O'Nan - Faithful (10th Anniversary Edition) - US Lettered Edition (Books For Benefit) - C/26

Sorry Bill! At least the money goes to a good cause.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man that is one nice looking book!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a work of art, congratulations, Jon! Yeah, I know squat about the Red Sox, so unsure about Trot Nixon, but any signed card is nice to have, IMO.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Jon, that looks really nice. I didn't get the Lettered on this one. It looks like a great production. Congratulations!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 165 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast