Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 143 of 165 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 4123

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    They look good all lined up!

Are you joking or DO the airport editions have all four animals on them?
    Thanks Steve. I'm going to be right next to London Gatwick Airport next saturday, so I'll have to check those out, if I get the time.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

They look great all together, Jon. Fair play to you. I gave up at 3 copies!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm afraid they do Steve...

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    They look great all together, Jon. Fair play to you. I gave up at 3 copies!
    Thanks Alan. I think I should have given up at 3, but at least they were all half price.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

I'm afraid they do Steve...

Hmmm. Thanks for posting the picture, Simon. I wasn't sure how they could do the four variants on the paperbacks -- but that's explains a lot and is very interesting.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I got my paperback from The Book Depository today, new condition, 1st, with a tiger. The hunt is on for the other animals!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

All the diff. SB are supernice together, BIG Congrats Jon and tks again for your help !!!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    How 'sad' can us collectors be? Six trips to four different towns/cities and over a dozen stores, I have finally completed my UK editions of 'Sleeping Beauties' this morning. They look nice on the shelf but they have completely filled my first edition shelves. All the Waterstones in my area have now sold out of 1sts and are now stocking fourth printings. I suspect just north of me in the West Midlands, Simon has completely cleared out their stock as well.

Stephen King - Sleeping Beauties - UK 1st/1st Variants

Trade 1sts

WHSmith Collectors Editions

S/L and Tesco Exclusive Edition

That is an AWESOME collection of the different variant editions of Sleeping Beauties, Jon! Absolutely first class!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my paperback from The Book Depository today, new condition, 1st, with a tiger. The hunt is on for the other animals!
    Good luck, Steve. I think I'll stop at the hardcovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    All the diff. SB are supernice together, BIG Congrats Jon and tks again for your help !!!
    Thanks, Frank. You're most welcome. Happy to help!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    That is an AWESOME collection of the different variant editions of Sleeping Beauties, Jon! Absolutely first class!!!
    Thanks Tim. I think I went overboard.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Small addition. A bit bumped due to being packed in a jiffy bag.

Stephen King - Thin Scenery - US First Appearance in Ploughshares Magazine Summer 2017

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Very nice! (even though they don't know how to spell plow)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! (even though they don't know how to spell plow)
    Thanks Steve. Looks fine to me! What's this plow you speak of?

I search my field for a cash cow
    Or maybe just a golden plow
    Which I can melt and sell for cash
    Then buy more King books with my stash

His books on my shelves multiply
    My money's gone but I don't cry
    I just go buy another one
    And repeat, "Son of a gun!"

One moth here, a tiger there
    Bring more on 'cause I don't care
    A second mortgage that's the thing
    So I can go and buy more King!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great! We have a poet in our midst.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Great! We have a poet in our midst.

Sober too not even pissed!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice add with the Ploughshares, Jon. Mine was a tad beat up as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Nice add with the Ploughshares, Jon. Mine was a tad beat up as well.
    Thanks Brian. Yeah, they weren't packed very well, especially for the international trip.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've only seen one of these for sale, for the Haven's Fund. There were only 20 copies produced for special reviewers / VIPs

Proof #148 - Stephen King / Richard Chizmar - Gwendy's Button Box - US Uncorrected Proof VIP Edition

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome ! I really like its design
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Awesome ! I really like its design
    Thanks Jeremy. The cover design is cool. I've noticed in the UK a couple of new books that have a picture on the boards and there is a cut-out section on the DJ so you can see the picture below.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Really loving that one, Jon. The cover is great!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to admit that I'm a bit envious. Congratulations!

John

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is a really cool design! Congrats, Jon!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Really loving that one, Jon. The cover is great!
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I have to admit that I'm a bit envious. Congratulations!

John
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    That is a really cool design! Congrats, Jon!
    Thanks Guys.

Beautiful proof!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 143 of 165 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143 144 145 153 ... LastLast