Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Haven FundraiserAuction #24-Rachel Readman 4 Remarques in Just After Sunset

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Very nice pieces (although I think that the last one is quite "simple")
    The last one is also my favorite. They don't always need to be over-the-top. I think it's a great representation of the story.

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I did do another version of this without the truck and looking from the perspective in the room, behind the bike and looking down the road into the mural, with the forest and red sky above. I felt this version was better having the truck in it and looking out from inside the mural so as to blend the reality with the fantasy.

There is a bit of simplicity to it but the photos here and on ebay are too small to really see the details fully. I didn't detail the truck too much and kept it slightly fuzzy to suggest that it might in fact not really be there and that it could just be a figment of his imagination. The basement was also whitewashed so there was no detail to it but behind the truck there is the outlines of the blocks of the back wall, they are faint but again in these photos are just about invisible.

Perhaps Simon could post some more detailed snippets taken from the hi-res photos I took, or maybe links to the full res/sized images on photobucket or similar?
    Selling EVERYTHING! Come and get it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Beautiful remarques Miss Readman. I was going to leave this one for the Brits, but if they don't get to work soon, I will.
    Thanks Frankie, but might I suggest not waiting for the Brits and getting in on the bidding right away? Make them fight for it!

(Except my Gunslinger First Edition. That ain't going nowhere. It's the only one I'm keeping, can't let that go)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    I did do another version of this without the truck and looking from the perspective in the room, behind the bike and looking down the road into the mural, with the forest and red sky above. I felt this version was better having the truck in it and looking out from inside the mural so as to blend the reality with the fantasy.

There is a bit of simplicity to it but the photos here and on ebay are too small to really see the details fully. I didn't detail the truck too much and kept it slightly fuzzy to suggest that it might in fact not really be there and that it could just be a figment of his imagination. The basement was also whitewashed so there was no detail to it but behind the truck there is the outlines of the blocks of the back wall, they are faint but again in these photos are just about invisible.

Perhaps Simon could post some more detailed snippets taken from the hi-res photos I took, or maybe links to the full res/sized images on photobucket or similar?
    My collection thread has larger pictures that link to full size on photobucket.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are the images Rachel created:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Beautiful remarques Miss Readman. I was going to leave this one for the Brits, but if they don't get to work soon, I will.
    That's the spirit, my man!! U-S-A, U-S-A!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

awesome remarques!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    awesome remarques!
    Then Bid!!! The Brits are winning, I think? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome auction! Way to go to all involved.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Bid???
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    awesome remarques!
    I'm afraid the answer is not "bid" for everyone. Unfortunately, this item will close out of the price range that I can afford (as have the last number of auctions). I am supporting the Haven Fund through Ms. Readman by purchasing a Palaver sculpture, and I have also won a couple of auctions that closed at a price I can afford to pay. These end of fundraiser pieces are amazing, but they are only available to the "Big Fish" with deep pockets who can easily afford to drop close to a grand (or more) on a book. Good for the Haven Fund, perhaps not so good for the "small fry" street urchin standing outside staring through the candy store window, lol.

In any case, kudos to you for spearheading the fundraising efforts, Stroppygoblin for organizing this particular item, AND Ms. Readman for contributing some remarkable images
    Whoever "wins" this is going to have a remarkable piece.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Originally Posted by Jimimck
    Bid???
    HA! You're trying to get me in trouble with the wife aren't you.....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Originally Posted by Jimimck
    Bid???

HA! You're trying to get me in trouble with the wife aren't you.....

Well, yeah!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    awesome remarques!
    I'm afraid the answer is not "bid" for everyone. Unfortunately, this item will close out of the price range that I can afford (as have the last number of auctions). I am supporting the Haven Fund through Ms. Readman by purchasing a Palaver sculpture, and I have also won a couple of auctions that closed at a price I can afford to pay. These end of fundraiser pieces are amazing, but they are only available to the "Big Fish" with deep pockets who can easily afford to drop close to a grand (or more) on a book. Good for the Haven Fund, perhaps not so good for the "small fry" street urchin standing outside staring through the candy store window, lol.

In any case, kudos to you for spearheading the fundraising efforts, Stroppygoblin for organizing this particular item, AND Ms. Readman for contributing some remarkable images
    Whoever "wins" this is going to have a remarkable piece.
    But if everyone thinks that, then it wont raise much money for the HF. If *everyone* bids the max amount that they would be willing to pay for this item then an auction occurs and the price goes up (ie more money for the fund). if everyone thinks, thats gonna go high, no one bids and someone gets it for a steal. It doesn't matter if you win or not. bid your maximum, you will help the fund, best case, no one goes higher and you win, worst case, you don't win, but don't lose any money!

Again, just to be clear *only* bid what you would happily feel comfortable paying if you win.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is an awesome piece and deserves a little more support than this. Is there no one out there???? C'mon folks, open your hearts and wallets!!! Amazing one of a kind pieces!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This one needs support folks as it has stalled a little. There are 4 great pieces of art here currently going for a modest £53 each (and thats ignoring the price of the book!). Rachels work is worth Waaaaayyy more than that! Lets see some bidding.

BP WHERE ARE YOU?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to say that I ashamed that this suction is not doing better!!! I know it is not signed by, Stephen King, but it IS what the Haven Fund is all about. Artists supporting other artists in their time of need, Let's see if we can't show a little more "love" for this rare donation!!! C'mon folks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I must say that of the recent remarqued auctions, I love this one the most. The four separate illos (especially that CAT! ), the artistry, the colors, they are amazing. I would definitely be bidding given different financial circumstances.

Great work, Rachel, and everyone else involved.

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Who's winning now? I'll bid an extra 20 GBP if it's a Brit. Is there a good natured but still moderately offensive term for the British?

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Just looked again, that artwork really looks amazing even in shitty eBay jpeg form, I can only imagine how it looks in person.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

$255.00 in British funds!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking good, only 20 hours left on this.

We're edging ever closer to that goal of $12,500. Can we make it, or can we break it?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

History says we break it, my dear, but this year may be very close!!! We need, Brits and Colonists to finally come together on this one!!! Your "Palaver Wall Art" may actually be the deciding factor!! Get in there folks, Rachel has offered both wonderful art pieces and very generous HF monies!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...Readman/page16
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Get ready with those final bids and snipes, only 35 minutes to go. Good luck to everyone bidding and thank you for your support of the Haven Fund and my work!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast