Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: The It remake

Traveler stephenkingcast will become famous soon enough

I trust Fukunaga. He completely knocked it out of the ballpark with True Detective. And sadly, the spider was such a maligned aspect of the original TV mini series, he'll garner a lot of good will among moviegoers by excising that part of the story (which I'm a huge fan of, by the way!) By leaving it out, it opens up the movie for new possibilities, and that's always a good thing! www.stephenkingcast.podbean.com

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do not hesitate to put your link in your signature instead of each messages, otherwise we may think that you spam just for the links
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I read the director is only signed on for the first part. I hope he ends up directing both for continuity.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Agreed.

I'm really excited about this. Hope they cast it better than the miniseries. I loved the child actors and thought they all did a really good job, but the adult portions of the movie were hard to watch.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan2647 View Post
    Sounds good to me!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler jake_and_oy will become famous soon enough jake_and_oy's Avatar

I wonder if it will be a period piece or if the adult section of the book will take place in the present. It would almost be necessary to change the monsters that IT manifests as given that the monsters in the book are so period specific (i.e. mummy, creature from the black lagoon).

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jake_and_oy View Post
    I wonder if it will be a period piece or if the adult section of the book will take place in the present. It would almost be necessary to change the monsters that IT manifests as given that the monsters in the book are so period specific (i.e. mummy, creature from the black lagoon).
    I kind of hope they don't. IT wouldn't be the same if the monsters were Freddy Krueger, Jason, Chuckie, or Leatherface!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jake_and_oy View Post

Actually, one of the studio's is launching a "Traditional Movie Monster" campaign to rival, Marvel. The recent new "Dracula" was the first and "The Wolfman & The Mummy" are already filming. So "IT" might tie in nicely for them.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/69661
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://screencrush.com/cary-fukunaga-it-very-scary/
    As previously reported, Cary Fukunaga’s adaptation of Stephen King’s iconic horror novel ‘It’ will begin shooting this summer, with Fukunaga filming the first in the planned two-part adaptation. In a new interview with Seth Grahame-Smith, the producer has confirmed that the film is moving rather swiftly into production, and tells us a little more about what we can expect from this highly-anticipated adaptation.

Stephen King’s ‘It’ is one of the most terrifying and iconic stories the author has ever produced—thanks in part to his excellent work in developing the main characters as children, which heightens the fear of their harrowing experience with the evil entity who often presents itself as Pennywise the Clown. That juvenile sense of fear is renewed as the friends become adults and are brought back together to face their fears—and Pennywise—once again.

Previously made into a memorable TV miniseries in the ‘90s, ‘It’ remains a tricky story to adapt (like most King novels), but in a new interview with EW, producer Seth Grahame-Smith assures us that the film is going to be quite scary and vicious—as it should be:

I think that if anything, [the new film] will bring back some of the viciousness of the book that they couldn’t do with the miniseries because it was for broadcast. I think it’s going to be very scary, but I also feel like you’ve got Cary who is going to direct these kids—and he’s incredible at casting, incredible at shooting. He’s incredible with tone and atmosphere.

Grahame-Smith is certainly correct about Fukunaga, who directed the entire first season of ‘True Detective,’ and also delivered the most talked-about television scene of 2014. Fukunaga’s grasp of atmosphere is incredible, and it’s the biggest takeaway from his adaptation of ‘Jane Eyre,’ which nails a romantic but subtle and often disquieting gothic vibe.

The TV version of ‘It’ was fine, although it’s recalled more fondly now as a bit of horror nostalgia. To adapt ‘It’ properly, you really have to be able to explore some of the more terrifying and strange elements. The film version will also likely succeed largely on the way the younger cast members are presented, and Fukunaga will definitely need an excellent young cast. King takes a very honest look at coming of age in ‘It,’ but it’s not often that we see kids portrayed in such a candid light these days.

Grahame-Smith went on to confirm that Fukunaga plans to shoot the first of the two films this summer, which would focus largely on the characters as children:

We’re going to get a draft, what is supposed to be the shooting [script], any day now from Cary and his writing partner. We’re doing a deal for them to write the second movie. Our hope is to prep sometime in the next few months and shoot in the summer. That one is as much on the runway as we can possibly be. I know New Line is ready to go.

With that in mind, we could likely see the first ‘It’ film in 2017.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very encouraging!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I can't wait to see a darker version of the story.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Can't wait!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This could be a GREAY movie if done right. It really could...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

What exactly is a "GREAY" movie???? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

What exactly is a "GREAY" movie???? LOL
    LOL Smart ass! Let me "clarify".. that would mean greaT. With a T. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Adapt...ges-70143.html
    Knowing that Stephen King's It is headed to the big screen, fans of the book are left to wonder whether the feature adaptation will maintain the timeline of the novel, or if the time periods will be adjusted to modernize or drastically alter the story. From what director Cary Fukunaga reportedly said in a recent interview, it sounds like the time period could be different.

Before we get to what was said, it needs to be noted that this information was passed from a reader to Bloody Disgusting from a Brazilian newspaper called O Globo. It was translated by the reader, so there's a chance the context shifted through that process.

The mention of the change in the time period was included when True Detective's Cary Fukunaga was commenting on Stephen King's approval of the adaptation:

It’s really good to know Stephen [King] likes what we did. We (Fukunaga and writers David Kajganich and Chase Palmer) changed names, dates dynamics, but the spirit is similar to what he’d like to see in cinemas, I think.

His mention of changed names, dates and dynamics is too vague for us to do much more than speculate at this point. Dynamics could mean anything, really. But "dates" is particularly interesting, as it's unclear yet what time periods this story will be set. Stephen King's It is actually set in the late 50s and the mid-80s. The story is split between the past and the present, as it centers on a group of kids whose lives came together over during a summer when a number of mysterious and brutal child murders took place. The present day is nearly three decades later, when they reunite in Derry after they learn that "It" has come back and bad things are happening again.

The book hit shelves in 1986 and was adapted in 1990 for a TV miniseries. The time period then was similar enough to when the book was first published that the past and present settings didn't need to be drastically altered. But today's "present" is 25 years from the book's present-day setting, which leads us to wonder if the story will shift the time period and set the present around 2015. Assuming the ages of the characters (past and present) aren't drastically altered, that would put the flashbacks somewhere in the late 1980s.

The alternative to shifting the timeline up to suit a modern-day set adaptation would be to do a period piece, where the timeframe remains as it is in the book (Past: 1950s, Present: 1980s), or to leave the past in the 1950s and make the present 2015, in which case instead of the characters being in their late thirties or early forties in the present day, they'd be in their late 50s or early 60s, which would obviously have an impact on the present part of the story.

The tricky thing about Fukunaga's quote is that it still leaves a lot open to speculation, as the changed "dynamics" could certainly tie into a change in the dates, if they're shifting the past and present to modernize the story, or they're only shifting the present, and making the characters older.

We'll have to wait and see what additional details emerge, and we'll likely have a better idea of just how drastically things are changing once the casting process begins. From what Fukunaga says, he's on the hunt to find "the perfect guy to play Pennywise." Personally, I wouldn't hate it if Tim Curry returned for that role, as it's impossible to imagine anyone playing that character any better than he did. With that said, there are different ways to approach something so terrifying, and I'm sure there is someone out there who could bring their own chilling brand of horror to the scary clown.

At present, we know that the It movie is expected to be two movies, and from these latest comments from Cary Fukunaga, it sounds like we shouldn't anticipate a page-for-page adaptation. But if what he says is accurate, the "spirit" is similar, so that's something.

Until we have more info, beep beep, Richie.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Pablo. I looked for this thread forever yesterday as Bloody Disgusting News had a great article on this. It is really intersting the amount of time this guy has put into this project! Over 5 years and there is not even a cast yet. He is having a tough time I read too trying to find Pennywise. I thought who I would like to see.. and it is not easy. I cannot pin point an actor. I would like to see someone REALLY off the wall attack it. The first person that "pops' into my mind? Tom Hanks.. haha seriously... I think he would be so creepy as the bad guy. Very interesting...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Pablo. I looked for this thread forever yesterday as Bloody Disgusting News had a great article on this. It is really intersting the amount of time this guy has put into this project! Over 5 years and there is not even a cast yet. He is having a tough time I read too trying to find Pennywise. I thought who I would like to see.. and it is not easy. I cannot pin point an actor. I would like to see someone REALLY off the wall attack it. The first person that "pops' into my mind? Tom Hanks.. haha seriously... I think he would be so creepy as the bad guy. Very interesting...
    LOL Christopher Walken!!! "Whoa, the loser's club. They'll float, we all float down here"!!! (Said in my best, Walken impression) LOL LOL

Spoiler:

Sorry, just cracked my "Funny Bone".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

SNL needs to do an audition sketch where we see various actors trying out for the new Pennywise like Jack Nicholson, Woody Allen, Tom Hanks, Christian Bale, Michael Keaton, Christopher Walken, Jack Black, etc...

Re: time change. I don't like it. It was set in the 50's so we could see the kids watching all those classic horror flicks then Pennywise taking advantage of their fear.

So, will they change all the horror monsters to Freddy, Jason, Myers, etc...?

I say start in 1957 and end in 2011. The cycle is every 27 years so Hanlon can talk about trying to fight it by himself in 1984 then call everyone in 2011. The adults would be in their 60's. Might work.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Crew from new adaptation of Stephen King’s “It” in Bangor to scope out potential filming locations

While nothing is set in stone and no official announcements have been made by anyone associated with the film, Stu Tinker, owner and operator of SK Tours, the official Stephen King tour of Bangor, took a production designer from the upcoming Hollywood two-part remake of King’s “It” on a tour of the city on Monday.

Tinker, who owned King-centric bookstore Bett’s Books and has for 18 years run SK Tours, took production designer Mara LePere-Schloop on a tour of the city, scoping out locations including the Thomas Hill Standpipe, the land running alongside the Kenduskeag Stream that in “It” is called The Barrens, and the Waterworks on the Penobscot River. Bangor — well, Derry, Bangor’s stand-in in the King Universe — is the primary location in “It.” Tinker said LePere-Schloop said during her tour that they were hoping to shoot some scenes in the city and possibly get some aerial shots, though currently the leading locations for the majority of filming for the movie are in Yonkers, N.Y. and in upstate New York.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Besides what Bev posted, I also see that filming is scheduled to start in June, and that it may be a trilogy.

‘It’ Clown Pennywise Will Terrorize New York This June!

The feature film adaptation of Stephen King’s It is finally entering pre-production, with plans on going behind cameras this June in New York, reports Production Weekly. The first in what could be a new trilogy is to be helmed by “True Detective’s” Cary Fukunaga. One of the delays was Fukunaga’s hunt to find the perfect Pennywise, otherwise known as the killer clown from the novel and television adaptation.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Besides what Bev posted, I also see that filming is scheduled to start in June, and that it may be a trilogy.

‘It’ Clown Pennywise Will Terrorize New York This June!

The feature film adaptation of Stephen King’s It is finally entering pre-production, with plans on going behind cameras this June in New York, reports Production Weekly. The first in what could be a new trilogy is to be helmed by “True Detective’s” Cary Fukunaga. One of the delays was Fukunaga’s hunt to find the perfect Pennywise, otherwise known as the killer clown from the novel and television adaptation.
    This should NOT be three movies. There should be two FOR SURE... Losers club as kids... and as adults. If done right.. would be amazing.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

That bit about the trilogy was just thrown into one article, presumably by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, and it's been passed along from article to article. I don't believe it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast