Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: The It remake

John F. Kennedy wordslingers will become famous soon enough wordslingers's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope someone manages to convince the studio to make IT into two feature films, it would actually make so much more sense. Not only to cover as much of the story as possible but also because you could split them timeline wise! It might make things way less confusing and jumbling. I also had so much faith in Cary, True Detective gives me so many SK vibes at times just from the way it's directed, so... bummer. I think he'd also said he really wanted to put focus on the kids' story, which IMO is what makes IT so great.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

He's an Argentinean director. Also attached to The Jaunt if I'm not wrong.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

First off I am not happy about it being two movies! They could make an amazing IT movie in one movie...but that seems to be the way movies go these days, stand alones are the exception. Secondly, I don't like the idea of it being ANYTHING like the Goonie's did the movie the Goonie's enter into any of your minds while reading IT before? And thirdly! - How are you honouring Stephen King by leaving out the giant spider at the end, considering the giant spider is at the end of the book.

In short: I really want a decent IT movie made, but I don't think this will be IT

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really don't see how they could make 'It' one movie without severely compromising the story.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I really don't see how they could make 'It' one movie without severely compromising the story.
    I guess so, it is a monster of a book. I suppose I'm still hungover over the hobbit being three movies

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrand View Post
    Secondly, I don't like the idea of it being ANYTHING like the Goonie's did the movie the Goonie's enter into any of your minds while reading IT before? And thirdly! - How are you honouring Stephen King by leaving out the giant spider at the end, considering the giant spider is at the end of the book.
    I don't see where it said either of these things.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Secondly, I don't like the idea of it being ANYTHING like the Goonie's did the movie the Goonie's enter into any of your minds while reading IT before? And thirdly! - How are you honouring Stephen King by leaving out the giant spider at the end, considering the giant spider is at the end of the book.
    I suggest you read the first post of this thread, which contains quotes that detail exactly the points I was arguing against.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Read the first post in a thread...don't be absurd.

No remake will be the same without "Johnboy."
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I suggest you read the first post of this thread, which contains quotes that detail exactly the points I was arguing against.
    First of all, that post is over a year old. Second, Fukunaga is no longer attached to the project, so it doesn't matter what his ideas for the movie are.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

^ That's news to me, I was still just responding to the OP, but thanks for the update. I wonder what the new plan is then as regards making it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

MAMA... sucked. I am now very nervous about this film(or films).
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

^ That's news to me, I was still just responding to the OP, but thanks for the update. I wonder what the new plan is then as regards making it.
    Check the latest posts in this thread. It's all there.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    MAMA... sucked. I am now very nervous about this film(or films).
    They are all going to suck. When you see talented directors leaving the projects due to Producers interferance, you know that all they care about is counting the beans, not putting out a quality adaptation
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Get Frank Darabont on the phone! Stat!!! He's the only man for this job!!!!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Fukunaga on why he left IT.

I'm severely dissapointed he isn't directing this film.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/17...unaga-it-movie
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beyond the "standard" horror ending I thought Mama was pretty good.

Traveler tiny will become famous soon enough tiny will become famous soon enough tiny's Avatar

ITS HARD to take a stephen King story and turn it into something rated TV-PG.
    its very hard.

Traveler tiny will become famous soon enough tiny will become famous soon enough tiny's Avatar

the girl in my avatar is Ally BTW , Ally of Tull. She can ONLY be played on the big
    Screen by DREW BARRYMORE. common sense and KA demand it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    the girl in my avatar is Ally BTW , Ally of Tull. She can ONLY be played on the big
    No offense, but why post that thought here? this is an "It" thread not a TDT thread. Just FYI and welcome to the boards!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cary Fukunaga Offers New Details on Why ‘It’ Remake Fell Apart

Sounds like he just couldn't support the creative direction New Line was taking the movie. I'm getting less and less excited about this remake :/
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...m-next-summer/
    In this morning’s article revealing that siblings Andy and Barbara Muschietti will produce In Shadows for Alex and David Pastor, Variety got some fresh info on Pennywise’s pending return.

Andy Muschietti, director and producer of Guillermo del Toro’s Mama, is preparing It, the long-gestured and troubled Stephen King adaptation that would be made as two features.

Recently announced, Andy Muschietti substituted Cary Fukunaga on the New Line project.

Shooting is now set to take place next summer, partly to allow for work with children, as they have the main roles in the first part.

Casting is currently underway, with Will Poulter (The Maze Runner, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader) still in the mix for the role of Pennywise, the demonic clown. “Will Poulter would be a great option. For me he is at the top of my list,” Muschietti firmed up.

“King described 50s’ terror iconography,” he added. “And I feel there’s a whole world now to rediscover, to update. There won’t be mummies, werewolves. Terrors are going to be a lot more surprising.”

In 1960, seven outcast kids known as “The Loser Club” fight an evil demon who poses as a child-killing clown. 30 years later, they are called back to fight the same clown again.

Fukunaga’s vision for It was to create two separate films, one which tackled the protagonists as children and the second film to focus on them as adults.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...m-next-summer/
    In this morning’s article revealing that siblings Andy and Barbara Muschietti will produce In Shadows for Alex and David Pastor, Variety got some fresh info on Pennywise’s pending return.

Andy Muschietti, director and producer of Guillermo del Toro’s Mama, is preparing It, the long-gestured and troubled Stephen King adaptation that would be made as two features.

Recently announced, Andy Muschietti substituted Cary Fukunaga on the New Line project.

Shooting is now set to take place next summer, partly to allow for work with children, as they have the main roles in the first part.

Casting is currently underway, with Will Poulter (The Maze Runner, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader) still in the mix for the role of Pennywise, the demonic clown. “Will Poulter would be a great option. For me he is at the top of my list,” Muschietti firmed up.

“King described 50s’ terror iconography,” he added. “And I feel there’s a whole world now to rediscover, to update. There won’t be mummies, werewolves. Terrors are going to be a lot more surprising.”

In 1960, seven outcast kids known as “The Loser Club” fight an evil demon who poses as a child-killing clown. 30 years later, they are called back to fight the same clown again.

Fukunaga’s vision for It was to create two separate films, one which tackled the protagonists as children and the second film to focus on them as adults.

I hope they intend to sprinkle in some "Flash Backs/Forwards" into the two films. Seems like that may make it flow a little better.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    Drew Barrymore sucks.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still sad Fukunaga left the project. He was perfect for this adaptation. I was excited for several years :'(
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast