Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Comic Tower Tournament 2014: Round One Point Five - POPULARITY CONTEST

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Comic Tower Tournament 2014: Round One Point Five - POPULARITY CONTEST

Participants in the POPULARITY CONTEST:
    1. Anti-Spawn
    2. Black Widow
    3. BloodRayne
    4. Daredevil
    5. Deadpool
    6. Doctor Doom
    7. The Flash
    8. Judge Dredd
    9. Justice
    10. Ka-Zar
    11. Mephisto
    12. Raphael
    13. Rogue
    14. Roland Deschain
    15. Sabretooth
    16. Sgt. Rock
    17. Spawn
    From these seventeen participants, choose five to save (+1 point) and five to hurt (-1 point) based on who you personally like the most and who you would most like to see continue in the tournament.

CHALLENGE EXPIRES AT MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 26TH PST.

EIGHT WILL LIVE, NINE WILL DIE.

DISCUSS.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Save:
    Deadpool
    The Flash
    Judge Dredd
    Rogue
    Sabretooth

Some of my favorites, glad we have the opportunity to let them continue living.

Hurt:
    Anti-Spawn
    BloodRayne
    Justice
    Ka-Zar
    Mephisto

I am mostly unfamiliar with them, therefore, they go.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

- Anti-Spawn BloodRayne Deadpool Ka-Zar Spawn

save Black Widow Doctor Doom Judge Dredd Rogue Roland

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Save:

Justice
    Ka-Zar
    The Flash
    Daredevil
    Sgt. Rock

Hurt:

Anti-Spawn
    Black Widow
    BloodRayne
    Mephisto
    Raphael

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Save:
    Black Widow
    Daredevil
    Doctor Doom
    Rogue
    Sabretooth

Hurt:
    Anti-Spawn
    BloodRayne
    Justice
    Ka-Zar
    Sgt. Rock

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Save:
    Mephisto
    The Flash
    Judge Dredd
    Rogue
    BloodRayne

Hurt:
    Deadpool
    Anti-Spawn
    Sabretooth
    Justice
    Ka-Zar
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You hurt Sabretooth AND Deadpool!?? Ooooh, me hates you.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

just following your lead....

"I am mostly unfamiliar with them, therefore, they go."
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure how you can be unfamiliar with Sabretooth if you know Wolverine.

As for Mephisto, he may be the last entity we have to kill that reasonably might stop the Beyonder.

Normally focuses on godlike adversaries such as Zarathos (the Ghost Rider,) Silver Surfer, or Thor.

Mephisto vs. #3

Check out this whole arc, though, for an interesting different take:

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Save:
    Deadpool
    The Flash
    Mephisto
    Daredevil
    Doctor DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Hurt:
    BloodRayne
    Roland Deschain (I, of course, love Roland, but don't feel like he belongs in this contest for some reason)
    Sgt. Rock
    Anti-Spawn
    Ka-Zar
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Because much of my comic book knowledge is from the 70's and '80's and most of it UK based. (hence my pick of Rogue Trooper). The wider Marvel and DC worlds went unnoticed due to unavailability in local newsagents over here. (I was a regular buyer of 2000AD and Commando however). Wolverine is known due to recent films.

This admission may declare me null and void from future votes, but as the rules and indeed the ideas behind the contest were never fully disclosed I'm planning to disrupt with my ignorance!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

LIVES:
    Black Widow
    Daredevil
    Deadpool
    Doctor Doom
    The Flash
    Judge Dredd
    Rogue
    Sabretooth

DIES:
    Anti-Spawn
    BloodRayne
    Justice
    Ka-Zar
    Mephisto
    Raphael
    Roland Deschain
    Sgt. Rock
    Spawn

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A moments silence for the passing of Roland...

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Because much of my comic book knowledge is from the 70's and '80's and most of it UK based. (hence my pick of Rogue Trooper). The wider Marvel and DC worlds went unnoticed due to unavailability in local newsagents over here. (I was a regular buyer of 2000AD and Commando however). Wolverine is known due to recent films.

This admission may declare me null and void from future votes, but as the rules and indeed the ideas behind the contest were never fully disclosed I'm planning to disrupt with my ignorance!!!
    I for one prefer for people who don't know it all to stick around to maybe learn some more, anyway. One wrong thing, at least, about the Hugh Jackman Wolverine: he's still too tall. But as for Sabretooth, the guy in the first movie who is called that name is not Sabretooth. The guy in X-Men Origins: Wolverine who is not called Sabretooth is Sabretooth. I imagine the strategy meeting for that movie went quite a bit like this: "Man, they really did a messed up thing to Sabretooth in the first X-Men movie while they were focused on Magneto and everything. Let's make an Origin movie to do that character justice, and then at the end we can, I don't know, do some messed up thing to Deadpool or something."

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Moment of silence for movie Deadpool.

+ Reply to Thread