Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1440

Thread: Book Collection Anonymous

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Awesome stuff. It looks like it was made yesterday, not 100 years ago. Just amazing.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Love that Pooh!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you to Becca, Frank, Kris and Mike, amazing how a bear we grew up with can still strike a chord.
    Not something that I would normally collect, just found it irresistible. Fortunate that the book was in such good condition. The Chelsea Bindery made the tray case which I find equally as delightful.
    Here’s to another century of “Winnie the Pooh”.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Beautiful book in beautiful condition! Pooh is an amazing add to your collection! Congratulations!

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Thank you Glen, looks like you are in for a few rereads after how many years?

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

As previous posters have said, your collection is astonishing!

Thank you Jon.
    Very generous of you indeed.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Alec,

Stunningly beautiful! What a wonderful addition to your collection...and thank you for sharing!

John

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A new edition to Alec's Tolkien collection: Tolkiens own drawing of the location where Middle-earth began!

As always, I'll leave it to Alec to fill in the details on obtaining it.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Thank as always to Simon Mason for this post. Sadly we do not meet up so often, as in October last year we moved down to the South coast, putting us more than a few miles from each other.
    This picture was believed to be in the custody of The Tolkien Estates or the Bodleian Library, thereby leaving me with the impression that it would not see the light of day again. There was also another ink drawing by Tolkien of the same farm, drawn a few years later than this picture, which definitely resides in one of the establishments mentioned above. The drawing was offered to me a few days ahead of “Firsts:London’s Rare Book Fair” held at the Saatchi gallery.
    As stated in the script, the picture of Lamb’s Farm throws up two interesting points.
    (1) While staying there Tolkien was inspired by a line of poetry from the Crist by Cynewulf, which was the start of his epic Silmarillion.
    (2) The beginnings of his famous monogram, showing its early form here before evolving into the well known insignia still used today.
    Once again good fortune has played its part in obtaining this piece. The longer I collect the more it becomes evident that everyone needs some luck, a lot of patience, and a good network of friends. The Dark Tower is one of the finest examples of a “family” of collectors prepared to assist one another with advice and books when possible.
    No one can successfully acquire a collection on their own.
    I hope you enjoy the picture.
    Best wishes,
    Alec.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Thank as always to Simon Mason for this post. Sadly we do not meet up so often, as in October last year we moved down to the South coast, putting us more than a few miles from each other.
    This picture was believed to be in the custody of The Tolkien Estates or the Bodleian Library, thereby leaving me with the impression that it would not see the light of day again. There was also another ink drawing by Tolkien of the same farm, drawn a few years later than this picture, which definitely resides in one of the establishments mentioned above. The drawing was offered to me a few days ahead of “Firsts:London’s Rare Book Fair” held at the Saatchi gallery.
    As stated in the script, the picture of Lamb’s Farm throws up two interesting points.
    (1) While staying there Tolkien was inspired by a line of poetry from the Crist by Cynewulf, which was the start of his epic Silmarillion.
    (2) The beginnings of his famous monogram, showing its early form here before evolving into the well known insignia still used today.
    Once again good fortune has played its part in obtaining this piece. The longer I collect the more it becomes evident that everyone needs some luck, a lot of patience, and a good network of friends. The Dark Tower is one of the finest examples of a “family” of collectors prepared to assist one another with advice and books when possible.
    No one can successfully acquire a collection on their own.
    I hope you enjoy the picture.
    Best wishes,
    Alec.
    Just wow. Unreal. Congratulations brother! That is history right there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Very impressive, to say the least, Mister A. Nonymous!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

It's unbelievable how talented a single person can be.
    A fantastic piece of art.

Citizen of Gilead Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer has a spectacular aura about Elliot HP Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Alec. Another beautiful piece of Tolkien history, thankfully preserved, that will be cherished and well cared for.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Amazing. Just amazing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58