Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Stroppy Goblin

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Birthday presents!!!

1st/1st 'Salem's Lot illustrated
    1st/1st hardcover Joyland
    1st/1st hardcover Battleground
    1st/1st hardcover Stand comic books set
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice stuff, and your floor looks quite clean...
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice ones SG, and Happy Birthday / New Years / Both ????
    We all float down here!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

just wanted to post a couple of pictures of an item I received for my birthday...

This is a print of the original artwork for Rachel Readman's 'Constant Reader' Sculpture. Unfortunately Rachel had some machinery problems which meant she couldn't start work on my sculpture in time but very nicely sent me this print ahead of time. I had intended to wait till I got it framed but I hadn't realised until Rachel mentioned it in a PM that the colour work at the bottom was unique to mine as she had effectively 'remarqued it' as a bonus birthday present!

I absolutely love it and cannot wait to receive my sculpture. I have been given an insight to her next 2 pieces of work (after 'The Crimson King') which I will let Rachel announce when she is ready, but they are 2 (actually 3) of my favourite characters/scenes from the books. Now where's those damn lottery numbers....?

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Another Gift given to me yesterday (you can read the story behind this here: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...tion-Anonymous

Fine/Nr Fine 1st edition of the UK Thinner with the yellow band as issued.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I've always liked that sculpture.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice gift!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really cool piece from Rachel, congratulations Simon (I'm hanging out for the CK release) - she's not only a fantastic artist but a great person to boot
    We all float down here!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, Simon!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Love them! I'm jealous!

Along the Path of the Beam ozmosis7 will become famous soon enough ozmosis7's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    just wanted to post a couple of pictures of an item I received for my birthday...

This is a print of the original artwork for Rachel Readman's 'Constant Reader' Sculpture. Unfortunately Rachel had some machinery problems which meant she couldn't start work on my sculpture in time but very nicely sent me this print ahead of time. I had intended to wait till I got it framed but I hadn't realised until Rachel mentioned it in a PM that the colour work at the bottom was unique to mine as she had effectively 'remarqued it' as a bonus birthday present!

I absolutely love it and cannot wait to receive my sculpture. I have been given an insight to her next 2 pieces of work (after 'The Crimson King') which I will let Rachel announce when she is ready, but they are 2 (actually 3) of my favourite characters/scenes from the books. Now where's those damn lottery numbers....?

Love this.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Replacement PS Collectors books.

I really want to thank PS for their assistance on this as they have replaced my 2 odd numbered books with a matching set... No 14!! I will now get #14 for all forthcoming releases!

Country
    Country Flag

Good deal on the matching numbered editions for the PS Limited/Anniversary editions Stroppy - particularly if you get the same number for forthcoming releases (I have it on very good authority that you - and a lot of other fans - will be very, very, very, very happy when PS make their 40th Anniversary Carrie announcement later this month - it will be .... awesome ....)
    We all float down here!

Great stuff, and makes me want my PET SEMATARY already! The newsletter says they finally sent them all out. Yay!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOVE the art from Rachel!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My Birthday Present arrived - Thanks Rachel!!!

This is just stunning, bigger than I expected and presented beautifully in it's own lined box. The detail is superb (my photo's do NOT do it justice) and I love the addition of the separate Horn!

I present #20 of Constant Reader by Rachel Readman...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Also arriving today...

Complete set of F&SF featuring the first publication of The Gunslinger. Feb & Nov are Mint, April & July are Nr Fine (except July has the postage Label) and Oct '78 is V.Good (but has sticker). These will be receiving a custom slipcase in the near future.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the new acquisitions!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! Congratulations.

John

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is a sick statue man... love it!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The sculpture looks fantastic. I hadn't seen the horn before. Impressive!

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

You got it all safe and sound, great news. I'm very happy you are pleased with it! Thanks for your purchases Simon.

You have a lovely collection and congrats on all your other new additions too.

Country
    Country Flag

Great new additions Stroppy Simon - Rachel's "Constant Reader" sculpture is indeed a thing of beauty
    We all float down here!

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Everything Rachel does is a work of art!!!
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    My Birthday Present arrived - Thanks Rachel!!!

This is just stunning, bigger than I expected and presented beautifully in it's own lined box. The detail is superb (my photo's do NOT do it justice) and I love the addition of the separate Horn!

I present #20 of Constant Reader by Rachel Readman...

Oh my Lord, that is an impressive item!!! Holy Collectible, Batman!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast