Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Stroppy Goblin

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'm a fan of a lot of the UK DJ art but seems H&S got extremely lazy with Everything's Eventual and From A Buick 8. Horrible DJ art, IMO.
    Strongly agree. The cover of the proof of From a Buick 8 is vastly superior to the trade cover. I don't know why they changed it.

John
    I think I'm one of the few, or maybe the only one who likes those covers. Sure, the proof cover is way more detailed and I like it, but I still like the simpler style of those two. Without comparing them, they have a simplicity to them that I like.
    I don't know what you guys are talking about. I love the dj art on the UK From A Buick 8.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I knew that was coming.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I'm a fan of a lot of the UK DJ art but seems H&S got extremely lazy with Everything's Eventual and From A Buick 8. Horrible DJ art, IMO.
    Strongly agree. The cover of the proof of From a Buick 8 is vastly superior to the trade cover. I don't know why they changed it.

John
    I think I'm one of the few, or maybe the only one who likes those covers. Sure, the proof cover is way more detailed and I like it, but I still like the simpler style of those two. Without comparing them, they have a simplicity to them that I like.
    I don't know what you guys are talking about. I love the dj art on the UK From A Buick 8.

This is the 1st Edition DJ as far as I know

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

It's an old topic and an old joke.....hence Paul saying "I knew that was coming." I'm just trying to live up to the "jerk" moniker that Jon laid on me in another thread the other day.

Actually it is a proof dust jacket that was sent out prior to publication on a review copy of the novel. I bought it from a dealer in the UK on ABE and have never seen another.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

O.K. Now I understand....
    Spoiler:

By the way...I do think it is a BETTER cover.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

John

That cover actually became the cover for the Paperback:

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, Simon! Looks like we ended up jacking your thread anyway That is a badass cover though. Agree to disagree, Paul? . Thanks, John for pointing me towards your thread btw.

Sorry, Simon! Looks like we ended up jacking your thread anyway :blush.
    If you are a regular contributor to Calvin's Corner you hijack your friends' collecting threads. It's what you do. If you want to save 15% or more on car insurance ..........

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If you are a regular contributor to Calvin's Corner you hijack your friends' collecting threads. It's what you do. If you want to save 15% or more on car insurance ..........
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Ok books are in! This is unlikely to be the final layout but it'll do for now. I've gone for US followed by UK for the 1st editions something I've never been able to do before. Can't decide whether I like it or not...

Oh and I discovered I was missing a first edition! I've sourced a nice one now, but I will donate $10 to the HF if anyone can spot which one is missing! (Note it's an actual 1st and not a variant)

You have a AWESOME collection, Simon. A beautiful library to wash the eyes.
    I can see some space there, at the end of the 2nd shelf below the ceiling, for the small green King-related piece... lol. You get my point. A suitable ornament for your library.
    Hyman Roth - Minister of Foreign Affairs of THE CRIMSON KING

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the display!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure I see Danse Macabre in there, is that the one you're missing?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Not sure I see Danse Macabre in there, is that the one you're missing?
    both UK and US Danse Macabre's are there - left side 3rd shelf down between fire starter and Cujo!

The missing book was UK Just after Sunset, JonP already spotted it!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW - that's awesome display Simon

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Bob's collection strikes again!

You are killin' it!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

The shelves look amazing Simon!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

You are killin' it!
    Thanks. I'm glad a couple of you got it.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Everyone can relax now missing book has been filled!

Not a hard book to find by any stretch, but very pleased with the condition of this one.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Everyone can relax now missing book has been filled!

Not a hard book to find by any stretch, but very pleased with the condition of this one.

YES! Now i can move onto other important things to worry about. It was fun trying to figure out what book you were missing though!

Country
    Country Flag

I do dig that cover as well as the US .

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fair enough, Simon. Donation made!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Fair enough, Simon. Donation made!!!
    thanks Bill!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great book, great edition.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Awesome custom shelves, Simon! Very sharp!

Is the vertical shelf at the bottom, for Knowing Darkness by any chance? LOL!
    And the first book is in!

I knew it! LOL!

An awesome book, Simon! That is definitely on my wish list!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast