Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Stroppy Goblin

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice additions Simon! I'm jealous of the The Shining signed edition, the gift edition is one of the nicest books in my collection. SP did a great job on that one.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Today I received an amazingly generous gift from Matt (Lot Guy). He let me know a while back that something special was coming my way and even sent me tracking info. I was beginning to think it had got lost in the post, but it finally arrived today in a big post bag that confirmed it had taken over 3 weeks to travel across the pond. Matt had some bad rep from a couple of members recently, I'd like to address that and state IMHO he is one of the most generous and honourable members on this site. Thanks again Matt!

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Simon! Great looking book.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Simon! I agree with your assessment of Matt. He's a great guy!

John

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, super sweet gift!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Simon. That is a great present from Matt. Yes, Matt's a great guy but he has put too much temptation my way with some rare proofs!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Today I received an amazingly generous gift from Matt (Lot Guy). He let me know a while back that something special was coming my way and even sent me tracking info. I was beginning to think it had got lost in the post, but it finally arrived today in a big post bag that confirmed it had taken over 3 weeks to travel across the pond. Matt had some bad rep from a couple of members recently, I'd like to address that and state IMHO he is one of the most generous and honourable members on this site. Thanks again Matt!

I hope Matt reads this!! I hope i get a present in the mail as well. I am thinking the FIRESTARTER proof that he has for sale would make an excellent Xmas present. I am on a SK spending freeze. well maybe just a frost. i had to buy the Joe Hill signed broad art thing. and i still have to buy PS PUb skeleton crew from Overlook.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

That's very generous!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't want to hijack any other threads or start a new one, but I figured anyone whom I have emailed directly in the past would read a new post on my thread...

I have recently become the victim of email hijacking and someone somewhere is sending out spam emails that purport to come from my email account (smason@ntlworld.com). A couple of you have already let me know that you have received such emails and although I dont believe anything in them to be malicious I would advise just deleting without opening them. If I do need to send someone an email I will either make it clear in the subject line (something like DT.org - Not Spam) or I will PM you first to expect an email from me.

My apologies if you have been affected by this, I am taking steps to resolve the issue with my Internet and mail provider. I'll update when (and if ) it gets resolved.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!

I didn't want to hijack any other threads or start a new one, but I figured anyone whom I have emailed directly in the past would read a new post on my thread...

I have recently become the victim of email hijacking and someone somewhere is sending out spam emails that purport to come from my email account. A couple of you have already let me know that you have received such emails and although I dont believe anything in them to be malicious I would advise just deleting without opening them. If I do need to send someone an email I will either make it clear in the subject line (something like TDT.org - Not Spam) or I will PM you first to expect an email from me.

My apologies if you have been affected by this, I am taking steps to resolve the issue with my Internet and mail provider. I'll update when (and if ) it gets resolved.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That sucks. Something similar happened to me. They sent out emails to my contact list purportedly from me with a link and saying they should open it.

Luckily no one did open it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got one of those emails Simon. I just deleted it. Happens often with other people I know.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I got a couple Simon. Deleted them straight away as they looked dodgy.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Rough. Good luck dealing with it, hopefully you can get it to stop without having to create a new e-mail address.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Simon - Better later than ever.... congrats on the book ! looks sharppppp

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

New Stuff! additions to the 'Books about King' sub collection as well as some new CD items.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

One of the nicest lettered BAKAHW (Books About King and His Works) I have seen, Tray cased Demon Driven, letter 'P':

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

2 more of the ealier BAKAHW, the Douglas E Winter book, is quite hard to find in hardback as not many were printed, This one looks like it was printed yesterday!

[/URL]

Signed limited chapbook authored by our very own Bev!
    [/URL]

[/URL]

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Picked up one of the DT chapbooks I was missing

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

After a thread conversation with Bruce on this book, I had to find the more limited silver version... Bruce, you mentioned this came without a dust jacket? maybe someone added one to this copy?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Picked this up from David @ Betts, it came with a couple of additional items, one signed by George Beahm.

David also graciously signed the book where he is interviewed!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

And finally, some CD items, the FK slipcase and the Carrie portfolio (matching my #14 of course!) Happy to report this arrived in perfect shape, no bent corners or other issues

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOw.. someone has been busy! lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, but I have a feeling you are holding out on us.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast