Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Equations ?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm close to giving up. My brain has already committed suicide.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll take a punt on Arnie Cunningham

Based on some random chicken scratch calculation that made perfect sense at the time but the meaning of which disappeared into oblivion less than two seconds after it occurred to me
    We all float down here!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Stephen King books ... nope, Stephen King characters ... nope! Stephen King locations ... oh wait!

Stand = Hemingford Home ... nope that doesn't work for the rest of them ...
    I tried to think along these lines, and decided not to: not being an American, I have only a general idea where anything took place.

OK, let's try letters to numbers:

If 72 = 5 and 1613 = 61 and 19 = 88, Who would = 47?

7 minus 2 equals 5 ... 16 backwards is 61 ... 19 backwards is 91 and 9 minus 1 is 8 ...

I'm lost. Grrrrrrrrrr
    been there, done that...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    I'll take a punt on Arnie Cunningham

Based on some random chicken scratch calculation that made perfect sense at the time but the meaning of which disappeared into oblivion less than two seconds after it occurred to me
    It's not Arnie Cunningham - try again
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Clue 4
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Clue 5

Clue 6

I *love* cryptic (so my riddle AND clues are reflecting that) If no one gets it in 24 hours I will start being a little easier on you maggots! ( What would Cord think?)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I just noticed this thread this morning.

My brain hurts already!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I just noticed this thread this morning.

My brain hurts already!
    Welcome Br!an, look forward to your input

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

"YOU ARE KA-TET; ONE MADE FROM MANY. SO AM I. WHOSE KA-TET IS THE STRONGER IS SOMETHING WE MUST NOW PROVE" - Blaine the Mono

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

So to sum up:
    Spoiler:

Warning: my mind works differently to most people’s
    Think laterally.
    *There is a big clue in the question.
    It’s Stephen King related.
    The thread is called "Equations" for a reason.
    Equations usually involve substituting Letters with Numbers.
    *The question asks for WHO, so not all letters are numbers.

“Stephen King books ... nope, Stephen King characters ... nope! Stephen King locations ...nope.” Shannon made 3 statements (ignoring his workings out) he was right about two of them but wrong about the other

This has nothing to do with locations.
    All you need is to have read a particular book

*Focus on Clue #3!!: Who? - not all letters are numbers

*"The big clue" is "The question asks for WHO, so not all letters are numbers"

* = mentioned four times

Last edited by Br!an; 11-17-2013 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Clarity

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    So to sum up:
    Spoiler:

Think laterally.
    There is a big clue in the question.
    It’s Stephen King related.
    The thread is called "Equations" for a reason.
    Equations usually involve substituting Letters with Numbers.
    The question asks for WHO, so not all letters are numbers.
    “If 72 = 5 and 1613 = 61 and 19 = 88, Who would = 47?

7 minus 2 equals 5 ... 16 backwards is 61 ... 19 backwards is 91 and 9 minus 1 is 8 ...”
    wrong in one of the statements (Only one?)
    This has nothing to do with locations.
    all you need is to have read a particular book
    Focus on Clue #3!!: Who? - not all letters are numbers
    A good summing up. a few clarifications:
    clarification

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

- S = 88 ... "Skybar" is SK's 88th short fiction story, per the Justin Brooks biblio ... none of the other numbers add up to anything.
    - 3rd clue, quote from Waste Lands, "you only need to do is read a particular book" leads me to page number in Waste Lands ... but that didn't pan out.

The equation I'm going off of is: "If GB = 5 and PM = 61 and S = 88, Who would = 47?" because the Whos would transfer over to the left side of the equal sign, and not only that but PM = 1613 ... and that doesn't help the situation at all. I'm going to go with CHARACTER = something ... Not the character that first appears on that page in Waste Lands ... Not the main character in the SK book whose number it is chronologically ...

Are there any "S" characters?

Also was thinking somewhere along the lines of GB = George Beahm and DG = Donald Grant ... not sure where that would go.

I feel like a big stupidhead.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Clue 7

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

No I'm not!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

lol, did he call you a bad name inside that spoiler?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

No. Click it!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    lol, did he call you a bad name inside that spoiler?
    bears can look - it's not much of a spoiler.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, Monday morning clue time...
    Clue 8

Clue 9

This is a big one!:
    Clue 10

Country
    Country Flag

if we're talking editions and publishers, bears are defeated...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    if we're talking editions and publishers, bears are defeated...
    Clue 11

Clue 12

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

After so many clues, I don't think anyone is going to get it.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

First part?
    Spoiler:
    Great Britain = England? (if so, many would argue that point!)

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Why will clue #13 be so special?
    Somehow 13 must figure into the equation...?

...having failed Algebra multiple times, I should know better than to try to figure this riddle out, but I am intrigued even as I am befuddled!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    First part?
    Spoiler:
    Great Britain = England? (if so, many would argue that point!)
    Spoiler:
    No it definitely doesn't and Shannon is your guide

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast