Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Equations ?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    After so many clues, I don't think anyone is going to get it.
    Ok this is the one you have all been waiting for...

HINT 13
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Tom Gordon
    has been an answer I have had floating in my mind for some time yet I can not figure a way to get there through the equation as many times as I try

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Spoiler:
    Tom Gordon
    has been an answer I have had floating in my mind for some time yet I can not figure a way to get there through the equation as many times as I try
    Incorrect sorry
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    RG

With that last hint it was easy, but I'm not exactly sure how I would have found the answer without it. Let me go back through the other clues/hints.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Eh, Clue 10 would have been the only one that would have pointed me in any sort of direction. 1-9 were useless, thanks stroppy, lol.

Good puzzle, just wish I had clue 10 from the beginning. A little breadcrumb, at least, lol

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Spoiler:
    RG

With that last hint it was easy, but I'm not exactly sure how I would have found the answer without it. Let me go back through the other clues/hints.
    You say TRUE I say thankee!!
    Shannon wins the goose!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Eh, Clue 10 would have been the only one that would have pointed me in any sort of direction. 1-9 were useless, thanks stroppy, lol.

Good puzzle, just wish I had clue 10 from the beginning. A little breadcrumb, at least, lol
    The clues

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, I'm a fucking idiot!! I have no freaking clue to either "how" you got there or what "RG" stands for. Please, put me out of my misery and explain it to a 10 year old? I promise to never visit these type threads again!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    OK, I'm a fucking idiot!! I have no freaking clue to either "how" you got there or what "RG" stands for. Please, put me out of my misery and explain it to a 10 year old? I promise to never visit these type threads again!! LOL
    ANSWER

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    ANSWER

Thank you very much!! Though I posted a "funny" in your newest thread. I will adhere to my promise henceforth!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not reading this thread for fear of unmarked spoilers (there's been a lot of posts since I was here last time)

bears will try a different approach (was trying to look at King novels in toto, now trying to consider them one by one)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Re: clue 3

can I assume that one one side of the equation there always are numbers, and on the other - something else (for example, names)?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I went through mental gymnastics with this and never thought of that book. I knew the answer would be simpler than I was making it though.

It's been a long time since I've read that. I'll put it on my "to read" list.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Re: clue 3

can I assume that one one side of the equation there always are numbers, and on the other - something else (for example, names)?
    bears are also now on the path of the beam..

edit: technically I suppose they are at the END of a beam

Country
    Country Flag

guys, please, if you are revealing anything, spoiler it! bears are still thinking, and they want to do it themselves!! maybe some other people/animals/creatures are still doing the same!

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

So I wondered what this Equation thread was that got a lot of hits. I was surprised; I thought that it would be a game like so:

Roland does this + Eddie says that - the apple that Oy ate x the number of riddles told to Blaine + the amount of times Roland twirls his fingers during a storytelling = a better outcome at the Tower.

At any rate, bats are too slow for this one, but I congratulate you Stroppy for coming up with this. Bravo!
    In Digitized Remorse

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Thus far, I feel like a useless lab monkey.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

I think I got it! maybe it's just coincidence, because I can't check the others now, but

Spoiler:
    is 47 Ray Garraty's number in Long Walk? I only remembered it because I recently came across this in BookErrors. Then the answer is RG. Whether or not the other parts are characters in the same book matched to their numbers, I don't know right now)

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

bears say TRUE - Goblin say thankee!

answer

for bears...

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Only bears don't go on this kind of long walks!!! where bears walk, everyone survives and gets lots of honey!!!

Talking about that site, I am not sure their last LW error is correct. As far as I remember, the "warnings" were reset to zero after some time

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

bears

Country
    Country Flag

ah! bears see

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

new Goblin collection thread started (shameless plug! )

Country
    Country Flag

while we are at it, don't forget to vote in the new polls in DH

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3