Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Doctor Sleep Cases?

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Doctor Sleep Cases?

I'm looking for some feedback or recommendations on what case to do for Doctor Sleep (if any.). I've gotten permission from Vinnie Chong to use a piece of his art for a cover engraving - 'Rose the Hat'. I also have permission from Erin Wells to use her scene of the Overlook Hotel (the one we used for the cover engraving on the Lettered cases for "The Shining"). I have several different options I've been throwing around.

I'm considering doing a wooden double slipcase that is sized for both the trade edition of Doctor Sleep and for the first edition of the Shining. If I did that I'd put both of the engravings on the lid/side of the case -- sort of a split screen effect. My hesitation on doing that is that I've already done a case for the 1/1 Shining & don't know how much interest there would be in another one (even though it also housed Dr Sleep). I haven't researched it enough to say for sure, but I think that all of the new editions of Shining that are coming out also include their own slipcases - other wise, I'd try to wait & include one of them into a double slipcase (with the same split screen art) instead of a 1/1. Seems like since Doctor Sleep is a sequel to Shining, there should be something we could do to house both books side by side......

Another option is a Dr. Sleep only case (either a slipcase or a traycase) with Vinny's art engraved. I'd think that there are enough signed copies to warrant at least some interest for them.

I'd welcome any comments/recommendations/requests or if you have other ideas.
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

I said it once and I will say it again... lol

I personally would jump at the chance for a Doctor Sleep only Traycase with Vinnie Chongs art.

The idea of The Shining and Doctor Sleep together sounds like it would be nice too, but I just cant imagine they would be as popular especially among newer collectors who may not have a first edition of The Shining yet...
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

After pondering this subject at great length (how does one measure a nano-second anyway? ) I'd certainly be on board for a Doctor Sleep tray case (my preference over slip cases, which, I hasten to add, are also brilliant pieces in and of themselves) with the Vinny Chong "Rose The Hat" cover engraving, but likely not the double The Shining/Doctor Sleep case.

Reason being that my first editions are currently housed in "The Shining" Lettered tray cases I already have in the collection - having said that, if I didn't have these cases, then, yeah, I'd probably be on board for the double feature case, or two

Either way Dick, the concept itself is brilliant !!!
    We all float down here!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    (how does one measure a nano-second anyway? )
    Divide a second into 1 billion.
    Watch light travel ~1 foot.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I did not purchase a "The Shining" Dolso Art case, but would like to have a home for both my "Dr. Sleep" 1/1 and my "The Shining" 1/1. I may be in the minority, but that is my thought. Go forth and prosper!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Dick, bear in mind I have yet to save up the funds to purchase any of your cases so far (hope to one day, have a few in mind that I want...), and so my opinion is probably of little worth on this topic:
    - To me, your cases are for the best of the best books. Books that laying down the kind of dollars required to get something of your quality is worth it.
    - That being said, I personally wouldn't put a brand new book in to that category, when the book can be purchased for less that $20 (obviously talking about an unsigned first edition here). As much as I love The Shining, I wouldn't look to add Doctor Sleep to it in a case.

Now to sound like a complete fence sitter however, I do love the Talisman/Grant double case Grant recently posted, and I can understand the appeal of having a "set" of books housed together. But that is probably more of a one off type request than a bulk order?

The thing is, if a Shining/Doctor Sleep case ever gets posted here, I know I'll love the look of it, just doubt it would be something I'd save up for myself...

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That would be cool a wooden traycase to hold both The Shining and Doctor Sleep well even a regular traycase to hold both books. Like from The Collector or CD.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bump

We need more "Input" here!! Chime in folks!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't know if this will generate any more interest but this is a preliminary engraving of the art ('Rose the Hat') Vinny has agreed to have available for the cases. This can be engraved onto either a slipcase or on a tray case. I guess my initial thoughts were to use a case like this for one of the signed 1/1 copies that are around

www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Frickin SWEET!!! I cant wait...
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

What an incredible drawing! That will make a great case Dick!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sign me up Dolso !!!!
    We all float down here!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! I will take one for my signed Dr. Sleep First Edition.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Way too cool, Dick!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

wicked sweet!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still like the "double case" idea, but this is a great engraving however you choose to do it!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!