Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Selling items via the site/ iTrader beta testing

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this is a great addition for the community. If people start using it for negative reasons, is there a way to correct it?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the idea of feedback. The system should require feedback from both sides of a transaction.

The transaction itself should be required to be referenced or verified in some manner. Perhaps a registration system can be set up for both sellers and buyers. Basic pertinent information could be recorded and accessible only by Jerome or his appointed agent. Each item could being listed in the classified section with an item number for reference. When feedback is left by one party to a transaction then a pop-up similar to the one for messages, reminds the other party to the transaction to leave feedback. I suppose it could even be required before continued access to the site.

I am not certain as to the applicability of any of these ideas with existing or accessible software, I'm just throwing them out there.

As to the new feedback system beta; I left feedback as a buyer for Kingfan24. The link to the transaction thread didn't work.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I tried it out and liked it. I don't think we need to go too crazy with formality on it. If people want all the checks and balances of a detailed system because they don't know their transaction partner, then that's what eBay is for.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I like the idea of feedback. The system should require feedback from both sides of a transaction.

The transaction itself should be required to be referenced or verified in some manner. Perhaps a registration system can be set up for both sellers and buyers. Basic pertinent information could be recorded and accessible only by Jerome or his appointed agent. Each item could being listed in the classified section with an item number for reference. When feedback is left by one party to a transaction then a pop-up similar to the one for messages, reminds the other party to the transaction to leave feedback. I suppose it could even be required before continued access to the site.

I am not certain as to the applicability of any of these ideas with existing or accessible software, I'm just throwing them out there.

As to the new feedback system beta; I left feedback as a buyer for Kingfan24. The link to the transaction thread didn't work.
    I was able to toss a url in there when I edited your feedback.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

When I try to place an excellent rating for Kingfan24 I keep getting this:

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters

I even get this message if I max out to the 80 character limit.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I was able to toss a url in there when I edited your feedback.
    The edit function apparently works. LOL

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

The itrader pull down doesn't work on ipads

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, you could assign values to "selling threads" (1-Classified's, 2-King wanted etc) and then just utilize the post number of that particular thread where the "selling" post took place.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    When I try to place an excellent rating for Kingfan24 I keep getting this:

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters

I even get this message if I max out to the 80 character limit.

Mulleins
    Ralph, there are two comment areas. The main one that is visible to all (circled in blue) which has a limit of 80 characters, and the additional comment-viewable by buyer/seller/staff only box (circled in red) that REQUIRES at least 10 characters.
    I am considering making the second comment box optional rather than required.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Well, you could assign values to "selling threads" (1-Classified's, 2-King wanted etc) and then just utilize the post number of that particular thread where the "selling" post took place.

There is already an URL for each post. The number in the upper right of each post is a link to that post. I copied and pasted the URL - http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post791919 - into the software and it didn't work. If it worked it might work well since it brings you directly to the post. There is probably a symbol in the URL that isn't permitted.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Got it. I think the 2nd box should be optional. No need for other notes unless a problem rises.

Ralph
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There is already an URL for each post. The number in the upper right of each post is a link to that post. I copied and pasted the URL - http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post791919 - into the software and it didn't work. If it worked it might work well since it brings you directly to the post. There is probably a symbol in the URL that isn't permitted.
    Using your post as an example, which of these two-if any URL's work?
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post800001
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...001#post800001

Country
    Country Flag

I just rated you as a test and the second URL worked.

I rated you neutral and that didn't affect your score or percentage. Good to know.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just rated you as a test and the second URL worked.

I rated you neutral and that didn't affect your score or percentage. Good to know.
    It doesn't seem to like "&viewfull=" in the URL

FYI, I deleted the neutral comment

Country
    Country Flag

It doesn't seem to like "&viewfull=" in the URL

FYI, I deleted the neutral comment
    I think it's the ampersand. I found the following:

"In URLs, the ampersand must be replaced by %26 when representing a string character to avoid interpretation as a URL syntax character."

"The HTML and XML encoding for the ampersand character is the entity "&"(pronounced "amper-amp"). This creates what is known as the ampersand problem. For instance, when putting URLs or other material containing ampersands into XML format files such as RSS files the amp; has to be added to the & or they are considered not well formed and computers will be unable to read the files correctly."

It kicked out my most recent attempt as an invalid URL and neither of these ideas worked either.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. i just rated you and it took the URL I supplied (ampersand's and all).

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. i just rated you and it took the URL I supplied (ampersand's and all).
    It sure did.

We can't dismiss the possibility that I am incompetent and was unable to properly copy and paste the original URL. (It's still not allowing it so at least that question is settled.)

I also received the automated PM, which is a good idea.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It does look like the code writer was smart enough to not allow just any URL (porn etc.) to be inserted in the URL box.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Or iPhones.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Or iPhones.
    It works fine on Android.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Do most/all other site functions, drop down menus, work on Iphones/pads?

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Do most/all other site functions, drop down menus, work on Iphones/pads?
    Yes....I'm on my iPad right now. I Trader won't pull down for selection or view.

Ralph

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I use my phone and pad on a regular basis for the site, and this is the first feature I've come across that isn't working.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know its "Old School", but you could just type the thread classification and Post # (I.e. 1-60, your post) and just go there. KISS? (Keep It Simple Software guys?) LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Ditto and Ditto.
    I just noticed that some of the feedback says "Trade". Somehow I missed that and thot the only two options were "Buyer" and "Seller"
    Is there a way to revise feedback Ive already left?

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Got it. I think the 2nd box should be optional. No need for other notes unless a problem rises.
    Ralph
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I tried it out and liked it. I don't think we need to go too crazy with formality on it. If people want all the checks and balances of a detailed system because they don't know their transaction partner, then that's what eBay is for.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast