Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Selling items via the site/ iTrader beta testing

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Ditto to all of the below.
    I would not be opposed to a feedback form but to be honest I probably wouldnt leave any feedback unless I was extremely pissed and/or ripped off. I do a fair amount of dealing with members behind the scenes that would never get feedback on the site unless, as stated, I was ripped off and unable to rectify with the member directly.

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    The site seems to work pretty well just as it is for buying and selling between members. I would recommend no changes. We all accept (or should anyway, IMO) that we can't be 100% protected from everything all the time. If one member rips off another member it is unfortunate but the feedback posted on this site should be enough to prevent future problems with that member. I think you are about to open a can of worms here that you might regret. And likely to be more trouble than it is worth considering the relatively few bad transactions that we have heard about.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I tend to agree with Bob on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I agree with Bob and Patrick.

As do I.

To put it far less eloquently, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

There are no guarantees in life, and we as adults should be aware of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    I don't think it reflects on this site in any way if buyers got burned. We all know that we buy and sell at our own risk anywhere. I've been ripped off twice from members here, but it will not stop me from trading/buying/selling here. Just have to use caution when dealing with others whom we have never dealt with before. I think everyone here have benefited a lot more than whatever that we have lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilash View Post
    As someone who was recently ripped off to the tune of over $300 by a member here (hopefully a banned one at this point) I hold absolutely no ill will towards this site. I agree with the philosophy that life has no guarantees and will continue to deal with the great people here. A system that rates buyers and sellers would be great but it still is not a guarantee that something "bad" won't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    I also agree with Bob. The site seems to police itself very well. It's a major value of the site and the integrity of 99% of the members.
    Ditto to all of the above.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll probably start a dedicated thread, but for now I am experimenting with an add on called itrader.
    If you look at the bottom of a persons avatar, there is a feedback rating. As a buyer or seller, you can click in the score and provided feedback about transactions you have made with the person.
    Also, at the top Navbar there is an itrader drop down.
    Poke around and see.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I like it. It'll be nice being able to view the ratings and comments.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI, Kingfan24 is helping me (I volunteered him) test the new system. I gave him a neg rating to test a member reporting/disputing a rating, and how on an admin level to actually deal with it.
    Think of this as Windows ME-we roll out the software and let the clients help us fix it.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excellent work, Randall!!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like it - very easy to use and then see feedback information. I just left some for RF from Horns purchase. You do have to wait 24 hours to leave another feedback score and info though.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One question - when I look at any given thread - I can see feedback scores for everyone else - except for me. Is this because it is just starting out on a trial basis? or can you not see your own scores (or give yourself feedback)

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    One question - when I look at any given thread - I can see feedback scores for everyone else - except for me. Is this because it is just starting out on a trial basis? or can you not see your own scores (or give yourself feedback)
    You should be able to see your own - maybe its because you don't have a score yet

Country
    Country Flag

Now I see it - however before I saw if someone had a 0 feedback score

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do like the rating system, as to a fee to trade at the site I don't think that is the best idea ever. I do like the idea of a fundraiser for the site every so often though.
    Christine

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Overall I like the idea if it is done right. I feel like I should contribute something to the site as it has served me well.

No big deal if a 1% fee per book sale is the kind of thing we are talking about (on the honor system as a register a credit card/bill me scenario is unattractive). It still way beats the hell out of any other fee based buying/selling option out there.

Also, adding a peer rating feature (with comments capability) is an excellent concept for a visible indicator of trustworthiness. You'd have to allow some form of rating credit for members of long term good standing so I'd have it work where a member can endorse another member and retract that endorsement at any time (and give a negative rating as well). Finally, you can use the rating system to flag folks who don't honor the 1% fee system.

The only issue I really see is someone has to manage the rating feature to include adjudicating disagreement on a negative rating to avoid the occasional jerk leaving a spiteful rating that is unjustified (the you left me a bad rating so I left you one too issue).

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

RF, that is an awesome add-on!! You should probably post in the "Collectible Classified's" as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    I do like the rating system, as to a fee to trade at the site I don't think that is the best idea ever. I do like the idea of a fundraiser for the site every so often though.
    Agreed. Not a fan of a fee to trade.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jeez, I disappear for 11 days and return to a jazzed up site

Personally, I like the ratings options (iTrade) although, like many of the guys here, I will only ever deal with the members that I've come to know and trust (which, fortunately thus far, has resulted in 100% success rate for the transactions I've entered into).
    We all float down here!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Having fun leaving feedback. But:
    I left a handful of feedbacks and now Im being told I cant leave any more?
    It is forcing me to write details - 10 words I think. Thats irritating
    reality continues to ruin my life

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe there's a limit on how much you can leave in a small tie frame?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Can someone explain how to use it?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just click on the feedback score listed beneath the avatar of the person you wish to give feedback. There may be another (easier?) way but that's how I did it.

I noticed that after leaving feedback, there's a little icon next to my comment that says (when I hover over it with the cursor) that I didn't leave a rating, even though I did. Not sure what's going on there. I think I like this new feature! And I agree with the others - a website fundraiser every now and then is not a bad idea.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Once you click on the feedback score there will be a leave feedback link over on the right side under their Trade Rating Statistics.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rather than type a bunch of stuff, perhaps a picture tells a 1,000 words. Here are the general settings for itrade. I can of course change many of them (like the 10 character minimum comment requirement):

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I would like to thank all those that have given me positive feedback.

Not sure about all the ins and outs of this as I have not kept current on the topic...but will reciprocate when I am.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Are we supposed to provide feedback to both buyers AND sellers? Since I've bought from a few people, who sell regularly, I'm assuming that I would probably have to ask them to provide feedback of me.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I would like to thank all those that have given me positive feedback.

Not sure about all the ins and outs of this as I have not kept current on the topic...but will reciprocate when I am.
    Keep in mind that this is really meant to establish a baseline from now, then going forward. I will be checking the latest feedback, but I hope that the positives (or negatives) don't stretch too far back.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to know. I've left some feedback for sellers from the last few months.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Are we supposed to provide feedback to both buyers AND sellers? Since I've bought from a few people, who sell regularly, I'm assuming that I would probably have to ask them to provide feedback of me.
    I was wondering about that. Hopefully it won't be like the old ebay, where a seller actually withheld positive feedback until they themselves were complimented. Since the feedback is not literally linked to a private transaction (at this point), there is the risk of some reputation building.
    I am trying to watch this very closely.
    If someone has a better idea, I am open to it, but so far for vbulletin, this is the best I have found.
    It could be modified/abandoned at any point in the near future if it doesn't prove worthwhile-we are in beta testing right now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast