Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 8 Stephen King Novels That Should Be Movies (And Why They Never Will Be)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

YOU can find Gramma for free somewhere on the TUBE in front you. It was an episode of The Twilight Zone.

I'd love to see The Long Walk as an indie/low budget film in black and white or maybe through a gray filter.

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

even though they're on about doing a mini series of this one, The Eye's of The Dragon

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fearless-freak View Post
    even though they're on about doing a mini series of this one, The Eye's of The Dragon
    That would be interesting if they could animate it like they did originally with The Hobbit.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I'd love to see The Long Walk as an indie/low budget film in black and white or maybe through a gray filter.
    Yes. Roadwork, too.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    That would be interesting if they could animate it like they did originally with The Hobbit.
    intresting idea

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

intresting idea
    Animated would work IMHO.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would love to see animated Dark Tower. NOT joking.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Hmm, never thought of it, but now that I do, it looks like this could be interesting.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Country
    Country Flag

if they could find the right director, then yes

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    Hmm, never thought of it, but now that I do, it looks like this could be interesting.
    No, really. I can imagine TDT as almost anything except a feature film. A cartoon, a musical, an opera, a symphony, you name it.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

this is the type of animation I would like to see for TDT to be done in

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Dolan's Cadillac and Survivor Type double feature!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Burnette View Post
    I may be the only person in the entire world who thinks a great movie could be made from Roadwork. But I do!
    Nope, there are now two Good choice !!!!
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

l am tempted to say "three", but even though it's one of my favorite novels ever - or maybe, on the contrary, because of this - I don't believe they could make a movie worthy of it

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Dolan's Cadillac and Survivor Type double feature!
    Dolan's Cadillac
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0963965/

I wouldn't recommend this though. ha
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

l am tempted to say "three", but even though it's one of my favorite novels ever - or maybe, on the contrary, because of this - I don't believe they could make a movie worthy of it
    I've read this book a few times and just never really "got" it. I couldn't really identify with the main character and didn't understand his motivation.

He was literally trying to fight city hall when he knew it was a battle he would never be able to win. I never understood the point.

That being said, it would make for a terrible movie. If they did do it, it would probably end up like the film adaption of The Running Man, where the only thing it really has in common with the book is the name.

They would have to “Hollywood” the story way up including the ending.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

I've read this book a few times and just never really "got" it. I couldn't really identify with the main character and didn't understand his motivation.
    and I could and did... I wish I couldn't and hadn't.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

and I could and did... I wish I couldn't and hadn't.
    Ever seen Drive? I can imagine Refn directing it with Gosling starring. That'd be the tone I'd want to see, at least.

Country
    Country Flag

No, I haven't seen it. I think I'll try to find it, to see what you mean.

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Talisman
    I would like to finally see this for the mere fact that if they made this...it could possibly lead to Black House being done. Either could be great, IMHO.
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    The Talisman
    I would like to finally see this for the mere fact that if they made this...it could possibly lead to Black House being done. Either could be great, IMHO.
    Hate to say it, but I do not believe either will happen. Regardless, I agree with your sentiment.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Hate to say it, but I do not believe either will happen.
    Why? As big a hit as Under the Dome is, the odds of more Stephen King projects happening have become much greater. And since Spielberg has been interested in The Talisman for three decades, that one seems entirely possible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2