Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Book Collection - Rachel Readman

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow...I love that house! But the horror lover in me has to ask...is it haunted?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff... great house!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I had forgotten about your bookcase, so I'm glad you reposted those photos.
    It looks great and the house is fantastic.
    Mark Twain

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Love the house & the Dark Tower bookcase. Possible solution for your bookcase dilemma.
    Spoiler:
    ONLY USE IT FOR DARK TOWER BOOKS

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I say make it a double sided bookcase on a turn table base so it could spin around.
    One set on each side so your Tower collection could just loop around on itself!
    Mark Twain

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Wow...I love that house! But the horror lover in me has to ask...is it haunted?
    We've been here for 7 months now and as yet there have only been a few odd things happen. Dark shadows, things that seem to move behind you quickly and you catch them out of the corner of your eye and things seem to go missing after you put them down only to turn up later. Haven't seen anything major yet though, there is still hope for it yet.

Just remembered there was one thing, I was in my studio working one day and heard someone very clearly walking across the dining room and kitchen (which is open plan) towards my studio and I thought it was my husband, but it wasn't as he was in his music room.

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I say make it a double sided bookcase on a turn table base so it could spin around.
    One set on each side so your Tower collection could just loop around on itself!
    I see your way of thinking. I might have to keep that in mind for the next design if I can maybe save up about $5000 equivalent, then I'll have to have the books to fill it as well so maybe about $25,000 should do it

I'm going to have to do something though as I am all out of shelves now and my other bookcases are full too.

That bookcase is more DT stuff than anything else but when I get another case I probably will keep that as just DT and move everything else out. I originally only ever wanted to have a full collection of 1st/1st DT books and didn't set my sights any higher than that, believe it or not.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Great before and after pics of the house. The bookcase is gorgeous!
    reality continues to ruin my life

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would love to see more photos of the house. I love how it looks so creepy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    Got to do some more work now but happy reading folks. I thought it would be nice to give you all an insight into where we live.

More soon...
    So cool!! So, you like, live in a suburb of "Hobbiton"???? LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    I have an extra "Bag End" sign you are welcome to. It's just like the one hanging out side my house!!!

Terrible photo, great sign!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha, The funny thing about that is that our landlady who lives just out back in another great house has a dog called Bilbo! Her house is the original farmhouse where the farmer would have lived with their family. Our house was originally a cow shed/milking parlour/barn and mill and according to some records a 'tater' store.

If the sign said, 'The Roundhouse, St. Elvan Farm - Bag End' it would be ideal.

We are about 1.4 miles either way from a historic harbour village and market town but it feels like we're in the middle of nowhere with just countryside around us. Very handy really. Although Cornwall is just that way wherever you are, you only have to travel a short way out of any populated areas and it feels like you're in the back of beyond with farmland, countryside cliffs, coastline and beaches all around.

Ok I'll throw up some more photos in a bit...

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

"But ---- the original house had so much ATMOSPHERE! How could you bear to rebuild it!"

It was a case of not having any choice, it was so run down that it was completely uninhabitable and unuseable for anything. We didn't rebuild it, as we don't own it (if only). It was derelict from about 1996 until 2010 when the rebuild was completed.

Strange that you think it looks creepy Dan? I would say those big old psycho and King's house type places look creepy or do you mean the derelict photos look creepy?

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

You have a lovely house, Rachel.

Regarding your Firestarter art, Whelan's cover for Firestarter is by far the best cover for any King book so far imo. Always been my favourite.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Alan, I agree, Firestarter is definitely up there with the best of 'em.

We are very privileged and lucky to live in such a lovely place and I really mean that modestly! We couldn't believe our luck when we found it and that we could afford to rent it, our landlady was very good to us with the monthly rent.

I just sent my husband around with the camera so here goes:

Wrecked, devastated and needing lots of love:

Rear views

Single storey barn that adjoins our house:

The teardown begins:

Bilbo the dog in the rear courtyard

Where's the Rounhouse gone?

The Roundhouse (Background) and the single storey barns completely gone only the workshop outbuildings remain:

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Rebuild:

Two and a half years later...

The whirlwind tour:

Inside the Roundhouse, and the vaulted ceiling:

(This first one is not our furniture and was taken before we moved in)

A view from the other direction:

My studio, where the magic, mess and hard work happens:

The view the other way and my drawing board:

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

The garden (or should I say football field):

Surrounding view across the meadow:

View across surrounding fields and horse pasture:

Back indoors, the Constant Reader and the new Jake & Oy Silflay presentation boxes:

The Tower in the library (this is actually 2 layers deep so I'll have to take more photos when I can get the books out):

My other bookcase with lots of reading copies (again 2 layers):

Whew all done, that was a journey LOL.

We're still shifting and shuffling things around at the minute and these photos are only showing a tiny part of the inside of the house. 4 huge bedrooms, 3 huge bathrooms, huge dining/kitchen, utility room that is bigger than most living rooms. We are still trying to get used to the size, freedom and open airiness and LIGHT we have LIGHT! Looking at these pictures makes it look a lot smaller than it actually is.

So from that then Bill, I guess you could say we live in a place a little like a suburb of Bag End, maybe a little flatter and not so many Orcs, Elves and filthy Obbitszs?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, love it! I would love to live out in the country like that. Amazing rebuild!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A truly beautiful house, Rachael. Congratulations!

John

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, the rebuild is pretty spectacular and I wish I could take credit for it but it is all down to our landlady, her husband and the builders who did an amazing job.

I'll get to digging through my books and taking photos next...

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bring it on Rachel !!!!
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Readman View Post
    My studio, where the magic, mess and hard work happens:

I see what you did there. You're teasing us by letting us catch just a glimpse of all those Crimson King sculptures sitting on the floor/in the boxes!
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Who me, no, I wouldn't, not never

They are ready to go and I'm chasing the flight case maker to try to get things rolling. Sending to Michael Whelan will be first priority as soon as I get the first case(s).

Mick took the photos, I just posted them and I did say that I wasn't sure I should have the sculptures there but he said not to worry they could hardly be made out in the pics anyway. I'm innocent m'lord.

You're the first to notice though (or at least to say so).

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I only noticed because I'm saving my pennies so I can order that one when it is released.
    Mark Twain

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful place!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Beautiful place!

Yes, almost as pretty as you, my dear!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast