Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: In Mint Condition: 2014

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default re: artwork

I've never heard of that Peter Deligdisch guy but I really like those samples you posted. And Erik Wilson is a good choice also.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Everyone is unknown at one point or another. And some people are of course more "known" than others. Having "names" attached to the publication is always a good thing, but the very first thing I look for is quality and uniqueness.

Traveler Ravenstone is on a distinguished road Ravenstone's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm very pleased and excited to be part of this project. The table of contents look great, and I can't wait to read the other stories in the anthology. As well, the first two artists Shannon has shared with us are outstanding, and I'm looking forward to seeing work from the rest. In this day and age of electronic publishing, I think it's wonderful that Shannon and his team are dedicated to the good old fashioned medium of print. There's just something about an actual, physical book that transcends the contents and makes the experience of reading somehow more special. I love my Nook, but I don't know what I'd do without actual physical books.

My name is John Petty, and my story is "The Doom that Came to Roanoke," inspired by my great affection for all things H.P. Lovecraft.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to group John! Are you an SK fan/collector as well? Be prepared to answer lots of questions and post photos of the answer is "yes".
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstone View Post
    my story is "The Doom that Came to Roanoke," inspired by my great affection for all things H.P. Lovecraft.
    Well, you have my attention.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

Hi George:

Thanks for asking. I've been a huge King fan since about age 15, when I first read CARRIE while working in a small bookstore. I particularly like his earlier stuff; favorites includes 'SALEM'S LOT, DIFFERENT SEASONS, DANSE MACABRE, and PET SEMATARY.

I haven't gotten into collecting as much, simply because I collect too many other things: comic books, movie posters, original comic art, Japanese ukiyo-e prints, anything Godzilla related, Lovecraft stuff, Gnome Press books, vintage action figures... the list goes on. Although I will say that seeing the mention of various S/L editions on this list has piqued my interest.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't gotten into collecting as much, simply because I collect too many other things: comic books, movie posters, original comic art, Japanese ukiyo-e prints, anything Godzilla related, Lovecraft stuff, Gnome Press books, vintage action figures... the list goes on. Although I will say that seeing the mention of various S/L editions on this list has piqued my interest.
    Man, are you going to fit in around here. By chance does anyone else collect comic books, movie posters, comic art, Godzilla, Lovecraft, action figures ... remarques, roman coins, stamps, antique weapons, Star Trek, Star Wars, Stephen King art ......

Can I get an 'aye'?
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Country
    Country Flag

Roman coin collecting is something I'd love to get into if I had the money. My wife and I have bought a few sets of those "uncleaned Roman coins," and though we've never found a treasure, we've had fun cleaning them off and identifying them as best we could. I love having that kind of physical touchstone with history. When I was writing my Robin Hood novel, a friend hooked me up with a beautiful Crusader's silver penny. It was awesome to be able to hold that kind of history in my hand as I wrote about people from that time.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Robin Hood novel, interesting, my Dad lives in Sherwood Forest!

Country
    Country Flag

That's very cool. I've always wanted to visit that part of England.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

25 years ago, Richard Chizmar started somewhere
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Roman coin collecting is something I'd love to get into if I had the money. My wife and I have bought a few sets of those "uncleaned Roman coins," and though we've never found a treasure, we've had fun cleaning them off and identifying them as best we could. I love having that kind of physical touchstone with history. When I was writing my Robin Hood novel, a friend hooked me up with a beautiful Crusader's silver penny. It was awesome to be able to hold that kind of history in my hand as I wrote about people from that time.
    I lived in Italy for five years and was right down the road from Aquileia, which used to be (before getting flattened by Attila the Hun) the third biggest port city in Italy ... and they had a mint. I had visited the museum there and saw their coin collection of Aquileia-minted coins, and then bought one of those same you-clean-'em bags, and that was the beginning of that. Except for a few oddities (like a Marc Antony Battle of Actium denarius from 31 BC) my entire collection is Aquileia mint only.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Artist Number Three: Darek Kocurek!
    Website

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome Shannon, I love his work ... congrats.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow he's great! that Train station in Lud is just superb.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Darek is an AMAZING artist !!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I like that a lot! Very cool!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Kocurek is great. He has been very kind to our site.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, can I request Kocurek.? Haha jk. I look forward to any artists interpretation.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I'd like to be the first to formally request whelan.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

Kocurek's art is spectacular. I particularly like his use of color, and how he creates mood with an overall monochromatic theme. Where did you find him, Shannon?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

He did a lot of the artwork for this website, and he always does Stephen King-related projects. I love his work, and I'm very excited to see what he comes up with for IMC2014!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those are amazing pieces!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon,
    Do you have a projection $$ for the next S/L IMC

(my apologies if it was previously posted)

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I do not. I'd like to keep it around the same price, potentially a little higher due to more stories and artwork.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast