Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Under The Dome

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Britt Robertson, who plays Angie McAlister, is 23 years old anyway, so it doesn't matter.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post

the last one i thought was good looking that i felt when she turned 18 to be able to say she's good looking was Miley Cyrus. this was of course before she turned herself into one of Bridget Nielson's stunt doubles.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I'm totally over the TV series... I'm an instant gratification kind of person and it feels way too drawn out for me. I went from highly anticipating each episode to forgetting about them airing. I'll probably watch them all in one chunk at the end of the season, but I really lost interest when they announced there will be a second season. I just can't commit to that. lol

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

ell teh Season finale is over - big cliffhanger of course - now the long long wait to Season 2 to see how the hell that is resolved. I definitely have mixed feelings about this.

Spoiler:
    I am liking Linda the cop less and less

Interested in hearing what others that saw last night have to say!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I thought it was o-kay. It isn't Breaking Bad or Lost, but it's not bad, if you can put aside the fact that it isn't the novel. I think the ambiguity of so many of the characters -- even Linda -- is what makes it so interesting. No one is wearing a white hat all the time.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Spoiler:
    I'm disappointed that they seem to be going with the "aliens did it" route like they did in the book. Although I'm very curious to see what happens with Big Jim's deceased wife. How could she have possibly painted those pictures long before the events occured?

I mentioned it before but I still don't like the waffling of Junior and Linda. They can't seem to pick a side.

I'm shocked that nobody has mentioned that Barbie deserves a fair trial in front of a jury of his peers. Big Jim made a point in one episode that "this is still America". What happened to that? They are going to simply watch a man be executed based on the word of a car salesman?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Spoiler:
    I'm disappointed that they seem to be going with the "aliens did it" route like they did in the book. Although I'm very curious to see what happens with Big Jim's deceased wife. How could she have possibly painted those pictures long before the events occured?

I mentioned it before but I still don't like the waffling of Junior and Linda. They can't seem to pick a side.

I'm shocked that nobody has mentioned that Barbie deserves a fair trial in front of a jury of his peers. Big Jim made a point in one episode that "this is still America". What happened to that? They are going to simply watch a man be executed based on the word of a car salesman?
    Yeah, I'm actually okay with the "Alien" thing as it seems to be the only logical way they can go. What is rapidly putting me off is the ambiguity of the characters. I don't care that they are not following the book to the letter. It's just that there seems to be absolutely no continuity (?) in their actions/character. They seem to jump around according to the writer's whims of the week. Add to that I have absolutely no theories on the mythology (?) that the show is developing and the fact that it is a story designed for constant "flux" and ratings based. They could pull the plug at any time and it would seem that no finite structure is in place for an eventual endgame.

To m, those factors have waned my interest. I'm not up for another "Lost" fiasco.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Bill, that's how I feel as well... no consistency from show to show in the characters or story development. And it isn't the type of thing you can draw out like this.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm from the UK and don't normally watch US dramas. I have only watched this series because I liked the book, but I think this drama is awful. Don't think I will watch the second series.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Do you like the Dome in black or white?

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am a little tired of the whole town just following whatever whim Big Jim has - like sheep and lemmings - a little too unrealistic, especially as it has drawn on. I too am a little less interested. Especially when I can flip over and watch a series like Ray Donovan - which I just started. Now that show has me drawn in.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved the finale! I really wish each episode had been as intense as that. Following the book or not, that was one great hour of television. It does seem to be that they're going the "alien" route, though, which is a little disappointing since we've been told to expect something different entirely. Of course, the writers could be tricking us.

Also, I can't stand Colin Ford's (Joe) acting. Does anyone else feel the same way?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I loved the finale! I really wish each episode had been as intense as that. Following the book or not, that was one great hour of television. It does seem to be that they're going the "alien" route, though, which is a little disappointing since we've been told to expect something different entirely. Of course, the writers could be tricking us.

Also, I can't stand Colin Ford's (Joe) acting. Does anyone else feel the same way?
    I have enjoyed it so far, but it is starting to get that "Network TV" feel. And, yes, scarecrow Joe needs work!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just got round to watching the finale, and I hated it. I doubt I'll even tune into season 2. If it wasn't for being based on a book I love, I think I would have stopped watching by the third episode. I don't know, I'm just very disappointed in it. Wish they had stuck with keeping it a miniseries.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Spoiler:
    Do you like the Dome in black or white?

Spoiler:
    I think the black one was cool, but there was a little too much ambient light inside.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

actually i think his acting has gotten better. for me the show started out in some people to have medicore acting. but it actually has gotten better and for that i'm grateful. with Junior i think they just want to have him i don't know maybe be a bit more saner than in the book? i think the point with his character was he started out a douch bag. and i dunno maybe him being part of that group made him a bit more sane, not by much but a bit more.

i got the feeling that at the end he still hadn't made up his mind about big jim. but he was going to give him the benefit of the doubt just to see what he has i dunno maybe go to say? with Linda i agree what the fuck? she started out like a sane and likable character. than i have no idea what the fuck happend to her. one episode she's about to throw his ass in jail & the next minute she's talking orders from a fucking used car saleslman! even though that's not even talked about on the show well barely.

i have the feeling for the ending they did 2 endings well filmed 2 endings. 1. would be if they hadn't been renewed for a 2nd season and another if they had. i have no proof on that but this just what i think. i also have a feeling that folks on here will at least watch the 1st episode of season 2 cause stephen king is writing it. i dunno maybe they are changing the reason a little bit? or rather how it was done in the book maybe?

i do wonder how so many people are driving though. yes it is pointed out that cars are getting gas stolen Linda's cruiser for example. but still it will only last so long. i loved the finale actually. but i think it did need to be 2 hrs. that finale didn't feel as big as it does on some shows. like for example on bones in season 7 where the cliff-hanger was she is accused of murder and goes on the run with the baby for example.

anyways i enjoyed it and i'll be back next summer watching it. i think the key to watching the show is if you liked or hated the book, is just to like any adaptation you have to leave the comparison at the door as the old saying goes. just be open minded i guess. i will say this though

i think the show is far far far far far far far far far far far far far etc.. you get the idea better than the tv film of Bag of shit. as i call it. bag of bones.that film was beyond awful. i hope that gets remade someday. the directing was fine. but the acting wasn't that great. and the script was terrible. yes some actors were fine in it. but other than that. i'd rather watch under the dome than that. at least with under the dome i'm not falling asleep on the 1st part. like i was during that part one of that awful film.

Along the Path of the Beam twice is on a distinguished road twice's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm 10 episodes into Under the Dome. I liked the 1st episode. Not much else so far. Some moments feel like im watching a show for teens on the CW. My hope is that it wraps up within 2 or 3 seasons and isn't dragged out like Lost was.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am guessing by the lack of comments here that most of you decided it wasn't worth coming back for season 2. It still is a completely different story and some of the acting is terrible (like when everyone was just passing out.) However, there is still enough mystery to keep me interested and they did do a major course correction towards the book already this season. Besides, what else is there to watch this time of year?

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Don't much enjoy the show, but I loved the episode Stephen King wrote! The appliances, knives, etc... causing havoc in the dome, where my favorite scenes. I am going to give it a second try, but I only saw a few episodes last season. just didn't hook me at all!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is show is a pile of shit. King should have never let this happen.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    This is show is a pile of shit. King should have never let this happen.
    I agree, I get that a lot of what was in the book just won’t work on network TV but having characters that are polar opposites of what they were in the book is just pointless.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked this season's premiere and enjoyed last night's episode too, so we'll see where it goes from here. I think there's a good number of mysteries to keep me interested. It's a moot point to even be discussing book-to-film changes anymore since Season 2 isn't even remotely like the book.

It seems like Rebecca
    Spoiler:
    is going to be the new Linda in that she'll become Big Jim's mouthpiece.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

That's it. After Monday's episode, noone can say that King did not rip-off the Simpsons Movie!

Maggie had a tunnel out of the dome from her sand pit, and the TV series has just copied it straight from the movie. (Okay, they have a red door, but it is still a rip-off).

King, who is an Executive Producer, is now wide open to litigation, any 2-bit lawyer should be able to prove plaigarism.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    That's it. After Monday's episode, noone can say that King did not rip-off the Simpsons Movie!

Maggie had a tunnel out of the dome from her sand pit, and the TV series has just copied it straight from the movie. (Okay, they have a red door, but it is still a rip-off).

King, who is an Executive Producer, is now wide open to litigation, any 2-bit lawyer should be able to prove plaigarism.

Yeah, it appears as if the show has gone off the rails. Is everyone from "The Leftovers", Under the Dome or on the Island and vice versa? LOL Or, will they find a new door that leads to the "Island" and, Jacob? LOL Is TMIB far behind? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I've really been enjoying this season, but this past episode was a little "eh" to me. I think they did too much too quick.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast