Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Under The Dome

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    One thing that bothered me in the last episode is when the nurse asked the one mom if she had a medical degree and the other mom actually answered for her.

It's a small thing and it may be just me but I was thinking, "Jeez lady, she has a mouth, let her answer for herself."
    The black lady is a bit overbearing. It's annoying.

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The ratings for the show seem to be pretty good so far.

From the New York Times:

"Since the series premiere, the overall ratings have been steady over the last four weeks. After the third episode dropped to a low of 10.7 million total viewers on July 8, the July 15 episode rebounded to 11.1 million."

My favorites have to be Colin Ford as Scarecrow Joe and Mike Vogel as Barbie. Junior Rennie is also pretty intriguing in a creepy kind of way.

I have to say though, as much as I love Dean Norris and Breaking Bad, I thought he'd play Big Jim A LOT differently. Like Hank Schroeder on steroids, only a more pompous, cocky, used car salesman nutjob. He seems to be way too reserved and sane. I'm assuming that will change as the series progresses, but it could definitely be toned up a bit.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    One thing that bothered me in the last episode is when the nurse asked the one mom if she had a medical degree and the other mom actually answered for her.

It's a small thing and it may be just me but I was thinking, "Jeez lady, she has a mouth, let her answer for herself."
    The black lady is a bit overbearing. It's annoying.
    I actually thought that was more for the "she's not a real doctor, she's a shrink... but she has experience!" effect. I figured if she answered herself with that sort of reply, it would have sounded odd and almost comical.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith87 View Post
    I thought he'd play Big Jim A LOT differently. Like Hank Schroeder on steroids, only a more pompous, cocky, used car salesman nutjob. He seems to be way too reserved and sane.
    I thought the same thing. I thought he was a great casting choice, so I hope it changes soon, too.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Jr. is crazy one week and then semi-sane the next IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that since the tv series has a lot longer time frame to play with, they can take their time before showing certain characters true colors...

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    His character definitely intrigues me... I haven't decided yet if its the portrayal that is varied, or if the character itself is supposed to have moments of sanity/appearing sane to others. I'm especially interested in it right now, because I've been doing some intervention work involving mental health issues that are very similar.

PS Bill... did I miss something? Because I've missed your ASS while I've been settling in to my new job as mom, don't take a break now!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    His character definitely intrigues me... I haven't decided yet if its the portrayal that is varied, or if the character itself is supposed to have moments of sanity/appearing sane to others. I'm especially interested in it right now, because I've been doing some intervention work involving mental health issues that are very similar.

PS Bill... did I miss something? Because I've missed your ASS while I've been settling in to my new job as mom, don't take a break now!!
    Apparently, I am an ASS. I still smoke. Whatever, its cool.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Inspired

Apparently, I am an ASS. I still smoke. Whatever, its cool.
    I hope this isn't because of my comment about the dome thing. I was just joking. I don't care who smokes, as long as they don't do it in my house or my car or my bed.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

So apparently they don't rerun Monday's episode on Sunday night anymore. You also can't see the show for free from the CBS website either unless you have AT&T U-Verse or Xfinity or are an Amazon Prime member.

So I guess I'll have to wait for the DVDs to see the second half of last week's episode that I missed.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Inspired

Amazon Prime.... free episodes every Friday. Or you could buy a single episode for relatively cheap to avoid that excessive (inconvenient) wait.

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy product placement.

Other than that, enjoying the episode so far.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Norrie looks better without the make up.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Country
    Country Flag

Woah, what an ending.

Can you hear me now?

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked that episode a lot. Easily the best so far. I've still got nitpicks, but even I don't really care about 'em.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I have to say I am really not that impressed with the show... so much so I stopped watching it

Gunslinger Apprentice wahlers will become famous soon enough

It hurts a bit to admit this episode wasn't so bad.

Ending could have be shot/framed/edited more cinematography instead of looking like a tv tie-in paperback cover.

However, huge kudos to the Donnie Darko actress who, IMHO, outacted everyone so far in her lip-reading scene with Barbie. It felt like I was watching a real TV show for a minute.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I have to say I am really not that impressed with the show... so much so I stopped watching it
    Which episode caused you to bail out?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Amazon Prime.... free episodes every Friday. Or you could buy a single episode for relatively cheap to avoid that excessive (inconvenient) wait.
    I just hate having to pay to see something that I could've originally watched with a TV and an antenna.

Also watching TV shows on my little 20" computer screen really sucks.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i am enjoying the show so far. i am curious if the show if it gets renewed for next summer if it will be even further away from the book. and what characters will survive and or die. in short will next season a cast of new characters not even in the book? just a thought anyways.
    either way i'm enjoying the series as well. Dean Norris is a badass in it. i've liked him as an actor for years.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This has been my favorite episode so far. Really well done. And it looks like they might be doing the supermarket riot next week!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There is one glaring thing that bothers me a bit so far. They haven't given us a peek at the events occurring "outside" the Dome. Considering the events so far, that perspective would be enlightening IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read Under the Dome, and I've stayed away from this thread due to the spoilers. But ... Amber has read the book ... and multiple times during each episode she yells out loud "WHAT THE FUCK!? THAT'S NOT LIKE THE BOOK!" ... and I've grown tired of it. So, I read the Wikipedia synopsis of the book. Now, my question to you all (after reading the entire thread and not seeing this character's name mentioned once) ... is:

Phil Bushey?

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Still digging the show.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Phil Bushey has been replaced with a completely different character. So there's not too much to discuss there.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast