Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shannon's Stephen King Collection Sale - Saturday, June 1st, 2013 @ 11am Pacific Time

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Shannon's Stephen King Collection Sale - Saturday, June 1st, 2013 @ 11am Pacific Time

Shannon's Stephen King Collection Sale
    Saturday, June 1st, 2013 @ 11am Pacific Time

There will be ten (10) threads that will all open at the same time:
    • US First Editions
    • UK First Editions
    • Signed Limited Editions & Artwork
    • Proofs & ARCs
    • Magazine & Anthologies
    • Reprints & Book Sets (for example, the Stephen King Red Leather Library)
    • Books About Stephen King
    • Video & Audio
    • Foreign Editions
    • Miscellaneous - Promo, Comics, and "Other"

Between now and the beginning of the sale, I will post some pictures of my collection, just to get the engines running.

When the sale starts, every item will be pictured (most will be in group shots, as I have over 1,000 items, lol) and every item will have a price. All items will be first come, first serve, with immediate payment expected. If we work out a deal for a payment plan either beforehand or during the sale, that is fine. All transactions will be through TheDarkTower.org's Private Message (PM) service. For all new members who don't have at least five posts by the time of the sale, your PM function won't be available yet --I will allow you to publicly call dibs on an item in the actual Sale thread. That goes for anyone, you can call dibs either publicly or privately.

Funds will be sent using PayPal's "Send Money To A Family Member" option. Exact shipping will be paid by the buyer, and during the sale I will annotate which items should be a pain in the ass to ship. My Misery standee, for example.

My collection thread (but beware, I have bought and sold quite a few items in the past): CLICK HERE

*Note: For anyone that is not a member of this website, you will need to join the website in order to participate in the sale.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait to see some pics! I'm especially interested in seeing your US and UK firsts and any affordable foreign paperbacks....

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'll be sure to check the magazines thread!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

This seems to be one of the items everyone is asking me about.

Skeleton Crew: Signed Limited Edition Pre-Publication Package:
    This item was the first thing I posted about when I joined the TDT.org. Before I got into Stephen King collecting, I used to buy and sell things online to make a little extra money. Mostly movies, and I used Craigslist to meet my customers. Anyway, while searching Craigslist randomly one day I came across an ad that was selling "a one of a kind Stephen King item" ... Didn't give too much information, so I emailed the woman, she emailed me back and she told me to come check it out, she ran a local bookstore in town. Cool, sounds good to me ... I get there, meet her, very nice person, and then she shows me this BOX of paper. I know only a little bit more now than I did then about the item, but it is ... what appears to be ... a box of paper.

LOL, it looks like the Skeleton Crew manuscripts in various forms of the publication process. There are the book layouts, there are the long-sheeted pages, there are the stories sent out to different editors and then compiled back together again, there is a mini-box of a one-sided complete manuscript, and it came with a framed dustjacket. It doesn't appear to have Stephen King's handwriting on it anywhere, but that's OK. So anyway, I bought it from her and it has continued to be the most asked about item in my Stephen King collection.

Best $100 I have ever spent.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Another item that seems to be getting a lot of attention:

Knowing Darkness S/L:

Boxes:

Knowing Darkness:

Traycase:

Book:

Large Print Book:

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This should be interesting next Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    *Note: For anyone that is not a member of this website, you will need to join in order to message me and participate in the sale.
    If you are in the shadows and think you may want to purchase something, please register now and join in the discussions. Brand new members with no posts cannot send Private Messages. It's a spam deterrent.

Have fun, Shannon!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"If you are in the shadows and think you may want to purchase something, please register now and join in the discussions. Brand new members with no posts cannot send Private Messages. It's a spam deterrent."

Thanks St. Patrick! Dammit, I forgot all about that. Ummm ... OK, to all new members --I will edit this up top also-- who don't have over five posts by the time of the sale, I will allow you to call dibs on an item in the Sale thread. That goes for anyone, you can call dibs either publicly or privately.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm confused. New members get to call dibs? Anyone can? The sale's already on?

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

No, the sale hasn't started. I'm trying to find a way so that anyone can participate. New members cannot send PMs until they hit five posts. So ... when the sale starts, if they don't have five posts, there would be no way for them to contact me, hence my new rule of saying they want to buy something on the forum itself. First come, first serve, of course.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Can members see the new forum titled "Shannons' Crazy Sale"?
    Can you see the content?

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Can you see the content?
    I see the forum, but it says the admin requires a password to view it.
    Mark Twain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Can you see the content?
    I see the forum, but it says the admin requires a password to view it.
    Too bad. Shannon had naked pics of him as a baby in a tub.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon, I don't have that paypal option (neither donation), so I'd add a 5% to the total amount in order to cover the fees.

Is it okay?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, of course.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Too bad for us who don't paypal.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Make arrangements with me beforehand. I'm kind of a reasonable guy, lol.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

For anyone interested, I do not own any flatsigned or remarques books anymore.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Original Artwork: Midnight Graffiti #3 Cover by Marcus Alan Nickerson

Pet Sematary Holdorf Edition

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Shannon's Stephen King Collection Sale
    Saturday, June 1st, 2013 @ 11am Pacific Time

There will be ten (10) threads that will all open at the same time:
    • US First Editions
    • UK First Editions
    • Signed Limited Editions & Artwork
    • Proofs & ARCs
    • Magazine & Anthologies
    • Reprints & Book Sets (for example, the Stephen King Red Leather Library)
    • Books About Stephen King
    • Video & Audio
    • Foreign Editions
    • Miscellaneous - Promo, Comics, and "Other"

When the sale starts, every item will be pictured (most will be in group shots, as I have over 1,000 items, lol) and every item will have a price.
    I can see it now.... 1 item (total of 9) from first 9 threads...

The last thread... 991 TMSG's all priced to sale at the low low price of $399.99 each.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

With those numbers, I just don't think they would sell out.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Any cigarette smoke? I'm mostly interested in magazines but they're a lot harder to defumigate than books.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just so members know, I can see the threads when Shannon posts them. As such, I would have an unfair advantage so I let Shannon know that I will wait 1 hour after he publicly posts before I express interest in an item. That gives members a fair chance to see the sale and PM Shannon before me.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

This has cluster written all over it.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm especially curious how the PM system will handle all the requests - unless Shannon gets unlimited inbox space I see trouble down the road...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    This has cluster written all over it.
    I doubt it. Shannon usually thinks these things out well.
    I'm sure he has figured out to download all of his current texts and clear the majority of his inbox.

BTW, Facilitators can have 5,000 messages, and Shannon has less than 2,500 as of this post.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast