Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: A List of Small Press Publishers

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default A List of Small Press Publishers

Mark Twain

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't forget our own Ambannon Books!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also Dark Discoveries

http://darkdiscoveries.com/

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A very useful list!

John

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This should be a sticky.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Thunderstorm Books is one to add.

http://thunderstormbooks.com/thunderstorm/

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    This should be a sticky.
    I try to only have 1-3 threads stickied. Otherwise I would have 58 threads atop the section.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    This should be a sticky.
    I try to only have 1-3 threads stickied. Otherwise I would have 58 threads atop the section.
    Agree. And, personally, I don't see the utility of the list. Most of these I already have bookmarked and for the ones I don't it is just a matter of typing the name in the search bar and no more than 2 mouse clicks later you are there.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From the latest Centipede Press newsletter :

"Bernie Wrightson
    We have been talking with Bernie Wrightson about doing a massive collection of his artwork. We are thinking of doing this in one of two ways. The first is to basically do a sequel to the book A Look Back. This would have material that was not included in that book, and a large selection of material from the years after that book.
    The other idea is to creative a super-large, massive Wrightson retrospective and assemble it into two or three volumes that would go in a slipcase.
    But, provided you have an interest in a Wrightson collection, what would you like to see? Your opinions matter! "
    I would love a retrospective book... but wont be able to afford it :-(
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it should be stickied but I personally like the idea of having this list around - there are some names there that I didn't know so it could point some of the newer collectors like myself in the right direction.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay, Ambannon Books is real!

I guess that means I could try the whole Wikipedia thing again, lol

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Yay, Ambannon Books is real!

I guess that means I could try the whole Wikipedia thing again, lol
    Should have started with a hashtag (#)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

No! Twitter = Devil.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    No! Twitter = Devil.
    Twitter no but hexidecimal yes.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    This should be a sticky.
    Agree. And, personally, I don't see the utility of the list. Most of these I already have bookmarked and for the ones I don't it is just a matter of typing the name in the search bar and no more than 2 mouse clicks later you are there.
    I see your point Bob, it probably isn't as useful for the long time collectors.
    However, my intent was to make this about discovering new publishers or other publishers that some of us have overlooked.

There are many that I wasn't aware even existed, so I couldn't just type their name into the search bar. Any of us could try a general Google search, but this puts everything in one place and offers a simple resource for newer collectors.

This might even make more sense in the other authors section since it is not limited to publishers that King has worked with.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    This should be a sticky.
    I see your point Bob, it probably isn't as useful for the long time collectors.
    However, my intent was to make this about discovering new publishers or other publishers that some of us have overlooked.

There are many that I wasn't aware even existed, so I couldn't just type their name into the search bar. Any of us could try a general Google search, but this puts everything in one place and offers a simple resource for newer collectors.

This might even make more sense in the other authors section since it is not limited to publishers that King has worked with.
    The thread is a great idea and tool. It does not need to be stickied, but given time it will show up on search engines and be of help to many.
    Thanks for doing it.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Please excuse my ignorance, but what does stickied mean anyway?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

We can make the thread stick to the top of the forum page so while other threads vanish furthur down the page(s) if noone posts in them for awhile stickied threads will stay at the top regardless of when someone last posted.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

47North
    Arcane Wisdom
    Arkham House
    Ash Tree Press
    Babbage Press
    Bad Moon Books
    Borderlands Press
    Burning Effigy Press
    Cemetery Dance Publications
    Centipede Press
    Charnel House
    ChiZine Publications
    Damnation Books
    Dark Arts Books
    Dark Fuse
    Dark Moon Books
    Dark Regions Press
    Dead Letter Press
    Delirium Books
    Earthling Publications
    Elder Signs Press
    Eraserhead Press
    Evil Jester Press
    Gauntlet Press
    Gray Friar Press
    Hippocampus Press
    Infernal House
    Journal Stone
    Miskatonic River Press
    Mundania Press
    Necessary Evil Press
    Necro Publications
    NightShade Books
    Novello Publishers
    Permuted Press
    PS Publishing
    Samhain Publishing
    Raw Dog Screaming Press
    RazorBlade Press
    Redrum Horror
    Sarob Press
    Subterranean Press
    Swan River Press
    Tachyon Publications
    Tartarus Press
    Tasmaniac Publications
    Thunderstorm Books
    Uninvited Books
    Wildside Press

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Regions Press - www.darkregions.com

Grim Oak Press - http://grimoakpress.com/ (Shawn Speakman started his own publishing co. to help fund his cancer/medical bills and he also runs http://signedpage.com which is a great resource for new signed books)
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Bought a book today published by Abaddon Books.

Might be one others are interested: http://www.abaddonbooks.com/

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    47North
    Arcane Wisdom
    Arkham House
    Ash Tree Press
    Babbage Press
    Bad Moon Books
    Borderlands Press
    Burning Effigy Press
    Cemetery Dance Publications
    Centipede Press
    Charnel House
    ChiZine Publications
    Damnation Books
    Dark Arts Books
    Dark Fuse
    Dark Moon Books
    Dark Regions Press
    Dead Letter Press
    Delirium Books
    Earthling Publications
    Elder Signs Press
    Eraserhead Press
    Evil Jester Press
    Gauntlet Press
    Gray Friar Press
    Hippocampus Press
    Infernal House
    Journal Stone
    Miskatonic River Press
    Mundania Press
    Necessary Evil Press
    Necro Publications
    NightShade Books
    Novello Publishers
    Permuted Press
    PS Publishing
    Samhain Publishing
    Raw Dog Screaming Press
    RazorBlade Press
    Redrum Horror
    Sarob Press
    Subterranean Press
    Swan River Press
    Tachyon Publications
    Tartarus Press
    Tasmaniac Publications
    Thunderstorm Books
    Uninvited Books
    Wildside Press
    I wouldnt call 47North a small publisher... it's an amazon imprint...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I wouldnt call 47North a small publisher... it's an amazon imprint...
    I debated about adding them to the first post for that reason.

RC65, thanks for the extensive list. I'm still working my way through it, so I have added all of them yet.
    Mark Twain

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Bumping this thread so I remember to make some updates.
    Mark Twain