Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions and Comments on our Catalogs

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I think we should include everything. Every different edition. Or is that just me?
    It's just you.
    We are not trying to do the job Justin Brooks has done and is doing-I just think that we can visually surpass his efforts (pretty easy since his info is 99+% text based). I never envisioned the Catalog as being a bibliography, I thought of it more as an on line encyclopedia with current relevant information and images, combined with-where possible original information, correspondence, announcement letters, manufacturing info-you name it. Once it is in the Catalog I don't want the article to remain stagnant-I want the article and discussion to grow.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Btw, what I am tempted to do is leave the GM hardback listing in the Catalog, but remove it from the visual index and from the left side (of the covers) index. It would still be there if a person went through the pages one by one-or searched. I would also edit the listing to indicate that it was the 1st US hardback edition, but not the 1st complete edition.-Sound good?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think we should include everything. Every different edition. Or is that just me?
    Yes, its just you. Behave yourself.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Btw, what I am tempted to do is leave the GM hardback listing in the Catalog, but remove it from the visual index and from the left side (of the covers) index. It would still be there if a person went through the pages one by one-or searched. I would also edit the listing to indicate that it was the 1st US hardback edition, but not the 1st complete edition.-Sound good?
    I think if you're going to leave it in the catalog, it should be in the index. That said, I'm not sure it should be in the catalog anyway.

John

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

In regards to the Green Mile hardcover. It's simply a reprint/different edition. It's not the first appearance of the complete novel. To me, it holds the same weight as the first Full Dark, No Stars US paperback. Just a reprint. The Green Mile paperback with the green slipcase is the first appearance of the novel. Just like the Storm Of The Century paperback is the first appearance of the screenplay, and not the hardcover.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I beg to differ....unless I'm misunderstanding you. I believe the BOMC SotC HC predates the paperback and the six separately bound paperbacks predate the slipcased single volume edition.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I am of the understanding that the SotC paperback (Pocket Books: Feb 1999) is the first edition and the hardcover (BOMC: 1999, "This edition was especially created ... by arrangement with the author. This edition copyright ...") came second.

And yes, the six paperbacks came first, of course. Then the Complete Serial Novel paperback with slipcase. Then all the other versions.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I think if you're going to leave it in the catalog, it should be in the index. That said, I'm not sure it should be in the catalog anyway.

John
    Good point. Perhaps I will create a Misc. Category where most anything can be listed. My fear is that it would have hundreds, if not thousands of entries, and other than a 768 page index, be tough to navigate or refer to.

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Good point. Perhaps I will create a Misc. Category where most anything can be listed. My fear is that it would have hundreds, if not thousands of entries, and other than a 768 page index, be tough to navigate or refer to.
    You could limit the category to Justin Brooks entries.. He has some entries that I would like to see pictures of them..

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am of the understanding that the SotC paperback (Pocket Books: Feb 1999) is the first edition and the hardcover (BOMC: 1999, "This edition was especially created ... by arrangement with the author. This edition copyright ...") came second.

And yes, the six paperbacks came first, of course. Then the Complete Serial Novel paperback with slipcase. Then all the other versions.
    I have both of these and the (what I consider) 1/1 HC edition (w/remarque) in my collection. It may seem wierd, but for some reason I see the HC as the representative of the book in my collection. If you see what I mean. I guess its because my entire collection is US/UK 1/1 HC and GM mile is a freak of sorts.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I see what you mean, but that doesn't make it "right", lol. I have the paperback in with my first editions and the hardcover in with my extra editions. Just like I have the Green Mile: Complete Serial Novel paperback with slipcase in with my first editions and the hardcover version in with my extra books. There are many differing formats and sizes for the first appearances of his books. Check out the list of non-"normal" first appearances:

Nightmares In The Sky
    My Pretty Pony
    his Bachman paperbacks (which most people keep separate, I know)
    Creepshow
    Cycle Of The Werewolf
    Silver Bullet
    Umney's Last Case
    The Green Mile paperbacks
    The Green Mile: Complete Serial Novel paperback with slipcase
    Storm Of The Century

The Colorado Kid

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Too confusing! I guess that just means we need them all.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A reminder that the Green Mile paperback in the slipcase is actually a book club production. If you look closely at the book, there's no price on it.

John

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is true because I remember being surprised to find my copy at Waldenbooks for sale. It was wrapped in cellophane with a barcode sticker affixed to the cellophane. I don't know quite how that happened.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Still looking for all 6 images of the UK The Green Mile PB's-1sts.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Can one (or more) of our Super-Collectors help with images of the Maine Newspaper editions that faetured installments of King's story "Slade"?
    The Summer Campus (The Maine Campus)
    June 11, 1970
    University Of Maine, Orono
    Newspaper

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Since I started back up with the Short Works Reboot, Mr. ELazansky has been an amazing help with seeking out and resizing the images needed. The Summer/Maine Campus ones will be hard to find, but in the future for anyone wanting to help out, please wait a day or two after I post my initial "info" page. I'd hate for someone to scan/find/download/upload/etc. an image that we might already have. I'd rather not waste anyone's time. And once I have enough entries (50 or 100) in the new format, I'll be creating a Table Of Contents and be acknowledging everyone that has assisted in this great project. Thank you!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Can one (or more) of our Super-Collectors help with images of the Maine Newspaper editions that faetured installments of King's story "Slade"?
    The Summer Campus (The Maine Campus)
    June 11, 1970
    University Of Maine, Orono
    Newspaper

I can't help. Those issues are high on my want list. I don't know of anyone who has them.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The text from SLADE is available online since about 2003/2004, but i have never seen any pictures of it..
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Still looking for all 6 images of the UK The Green Mile PB's-1sts.
    BUMP. I have only four of them (pathetic, I know) so I would really appreciate it if someone who owns the full set could take a pic (or six) and send them to me or Jerome so they can be included in the Catalog.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Would you prefer 6 individual pics or just one showing the six?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The entry for the US paperbacks has six pics but if you can take one that clearly shows all six covers, I would use it.

Country
    Country Flag

My shitty little camera cannot cope with the contrast of the first 3 shiny covers and the matt of the last three together.

Country
    Country Flag

Looks great, thank you Alan!

Country
    Country Flag

I updated the proofs section - there's now a Table of Contents post, I added the PLANT and SIX STORIES proofs, and I added some of the manuscripts that Hannes acquired recently. Additional information and better quality pics are always welcome - just send me a PM or post it in the discussion threads in the Catalog. Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast