Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Book collection: cit74

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And now for artists associated with gaiman

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know about you but I'm exhausted - so the last gaiman for now - celebrating his marriage

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A beautiful Joe Hill and Neil Gaiman collection.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I never could get into Neil Gaiman (a fault in my brain cells, no doubt), but those books are beautiful!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    And here is my last king signed book - and ready to make the transition to Hill.

I didn't know that the s/l postscipts came with a slipcase. I love it. Thanks, now I have to go on a hunting mission
    Of course there is nothing more fun.....well.... almost nothing

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the pics! OK, describe Sandman to me in one sentence or less ...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I like the pics! OK, describe Sandman to me in one sentence or less ...
    A story that details the intertwining of humanity and the fates (called the endless by Gaiman: dream, death, destiny, destruction, desire, despair, and delirium - who was once delight) and their involvement on all planes of existence. I think that is the best I can do in a single sentence.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Freaking looong sentence Chad - but I like it an awful lot 8)
    We all float down here!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, now I wanna read it. There is an "order", right?

Country
    Country Flag

Now by order - do you mean order to the various fates? Now if I were able to use a couple more sentences - the the sandman series mainly deals with Dream (hence the title sandman) but his brothers and sisters (the other fates, especially death) do have their involvement in the various story lines.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely lots of nice stuff. In a way, it kinda reminds me of my books!!! After painting and moving stuff around, I definitely need to reorganize my bookshelves.

Gabriel
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The main Sandman storyline was 75 issues. They were reprinted in the following books:

Preludes and Nocturnes (collecting The Sandman #1–8 )
    The Doll's House (collecting The Sandman #9–16)
    Dream Country (collecting The Sandman #17–20)
    Season of Mists (collecting The Sandman #21–28 )
    A Game of You (collecting The Sandman #32–37)
    Fables and Reflections (collecting The Sandman #29–31, 38–40, 50; Sandman Special #1; and Vertigo Preview #1)
    Brief Lives (collecting The Sandman #41–49)
    Worlds' End (collecting The Sandman #51–56)
    The Kindly Ones (collecting The Sandman #57–69 and Vertigo Jam #1)
    The Wake (collecting The Sandman #70–75)

Or you could just get this: - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140...pf_rd_i=507846

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The order to read the whole story in, not just one character. For example, if you were to ask me where to start watching Doctor Who, I would say start with the first season of the new series in 2005, with the Ninth Doctor, watch it until current day, and then go back and start the original 1963 series.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

ELazansky's answer is correct. Most decent libraries have Sandman books if you don't want to spend on something new.

Country
    Country Flag

The order to read the whole story in, not just one character. For example, if you were to ask me where to start watching Doctor Who, I would say start with the first season of the new series in 2005, with the Ninth Doctor, watch it until current day, and then go back and start the original 1963 series.
    This one is pretty easy - just start with book one. But I've got Shannon covered - I will be bringing my trade books with me on a short trip to vegas in a few weeks - so he can get a taste of the Sandman - and take all the time he needs to read through them

Country
    Country Flag

Now for all you Star Wars fans out there...a tribute to the late, great Ralph McQuarrie

Country
    Country Flag

The nice thing about having a son - it's easier to put my signed collectible's in his room (that is without my wife raising too much of a fuss) - so I can put the Star Wars art and sports memorabilia up there...

These are both s/l to 2500 pieces

Country
    Country Flag

Ralph developed Parkinson's late in his life and he no longer signed his full name - so most of his signed work in the past several years are just initialed - but here are some full signed last names

Country
    Country Flag

These were special editions for celebration Japan - all of his Star Wars related art - you can still get these from his website - dreamsandvisionpress.com for around $50

Did I mention the text is in Japanese? Hence the included little white English translation book

Country
    Country Flag

They also did a hard cover version of that book, signed and only 100 copies - I've seen this on eBay once - so a very scarce book; I think I was very fortunate that I was able to purchase the last copy they sold directly from his website - for the original cost (even though it was shortly after his passing)

Country
    Country Flag

And lastly the big book - his entire catalog in a beautiful art book, one of 250 signed books - they still have a PC for sale on his website for $1000 - again I got lucky on eBay last year and got it for less than the original sale price - which I think was $450.

They still sell just framed signature page on his site for $250

As an added bonus there was another loose signature sheet for those that pre-ordered

Country
    Country Flag

To carry on the Star Wars theme just a little bit longer...a funny little story - I went back home last winter (jan 2012) - to visit my family and friends and mainly to go to the winter classic in Philadelphia - and help my parents clean out their basement. Why would I clean their house? I always said there was a box of my old Star Wars figures from the 70s/80s somewhere in that basement (my parents said they couldn't find it). Well after about 5 separate trips to good will - did you know they'll take anything - even those old computer printers and monitors (plus you don't have to pay an electronic recycling fee - my dad had 5 of those monitors) - long story short - we found the box under the stairs - and there was a ton of figures, ships, etc, all original and in great shape - so we shipped them out to California and my son has some great vintage Star Wars toys.

And I really like Katie cooks artwork - it's fun

You can also check out her weekly web comic "Gronk" - at gronkcomic.com

Country
    Country Flag

Again more childhood nostalgia - I feel sorry for today's youth that they can not enjoy some of the finest daily comic artists/strips - for me the holy trinity was Watterson, Breathed, and Larson - to come home each day, grab the paper and read three of the best comic strips ever was the bet part of the day, not to mention the Sunday comics

I have volumes 1-5 - unsigned; these are the signed and remarqued ones limited to 100

And lastly the signed complete far side

And the signed print that came with the book

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

That farside collection is really cool. I have the slipcased version but would love the signed version.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast