Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 182 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was also linked through the cover artwork in the newsletter, that's where I noticed it. Overall, a rather understated announcement.

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hi Tim -- No, I didn't make myself clear. YOU will get #1 of THINNER and SKELETON CREW. No problem. And if ever we get back #1 of CARRIE, I'll send it out to you, no charge.

And that goes for anyone else who received the same number for CHRISTINE and PET SEMATARY and then got 'lumbered' (in Tim's words) with something different.

Best wishes

Pete

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hi Guys

Sorry to have been quiet--recovering from WorldCon. Yes, I understand some folks being miffed (understatement) at not getting the number they were expecting. We fouled up. Not totally 'our' fault cos we had a meltdown on our emails and while we had ALL the orders, we didn't have ALL the specific number requests, but the buck stops here and I'm truly sorry for the grief we may have caused.I suggest that anyone disaffected just drops me a line and we'll work out the best way forward. Just drop me a note, with your name and order number. As someone posted above, we'll do whatever we CAN do to alleviate pain/grief. And Langolier, keep the PS edition with our compliments. Remind me of your order Ω# and it'll go back into the order book. Excuse the more-than-usual serious tone of this but I figured it's not a subject for levity. Nicky is preparing a big book with four columns: column 1 will be the number of the book; column 2 will be the PS order number; and column 3 will be the customer's name; column 4 will be the customer's address.

And, yes, on reflection, we've been guilty of hiding our light under a bushel (or whateverr the phrase is) with regard to announcing THINNER. We'll remedy that in the next Newsletter which will be Friday 5 September. Crumbs, believe me, I feel as rotten as some of you folks clearly (and understandably) feel. But the system we're introducing should remedy the situation.

Again, apologies.

Best wishes

Pete

Along the Path of the Beam Langolier will become famous soon enough Langolier's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    Hi Guys
    And Langolier, keep the PS edition with our compliments. Remind me of your order Ω# and it'll go back into the order book.
    Wow! Thanks a lot, Pete, that's really cool!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...Nicky is preparing a big book with four columns: column 1 will be the number of the book; column 2 will be the PS order number; and column 3 will be the customer's name; column 4 will be the customer's address.
    I have this mental picture of Nicky as Bob Cratchit hunkered over his desk with quill in hand.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    I have this mental picture of Nicky as Bob Cratchit hunkered over his desk with quill in hand.
    Nicky certainly doesn't look like Bob Cratchit! (That's her on the left)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When are you guys expecting to have your Lettereds Carrie?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Nicky certainly doesn't look like Bob Cratchit! (That's her on the left)
    I don't know.......

Hi ICry -- That's just absolutely priceless. I just called Nicky into my office to show her and I thought I was going to have a seizure laughing. The top hat is wonderful. However, Nicky is on her way to you and the only things on her mind are where to stick her quill and how many times to do it. Be afraid. In fact, be VERY afraid. -- Best as ever -- Pete

Hi Webstar -- We're expecting late next month. The dummy looked stupendous. And I wrote to Steve to see which piece of the original artwork he wanted in HIS edition so all that's sorted out now. We're moving well. Best wishes -- Pete

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi Tim -- No, I didn't make myself clear. YOU will get #1 of THINNER and SKELETON CREW. No problem. And if ever we get back #1 of CARRIE, I'll send it out to you, no charge.

And that goes for anyone else who received the same number for CHRISTINE and PET SEMATARY and then got 'lumbered' (in Tim's words) with something different.

Best wishes

Pete

Thanks Pete, that is nice to know and reassuring for me.

I think I didn't explain my comments very clearly either LOL! When I said I was now "lumbered" with copy #506, I didn't mean being lumbered with Carrie so much, as it is still a great book. Instead I thought I would be "lumbered" with having to be allocated copy #506 for all future releases.

Obviously I am rather disappointed that I will no longer have a complete matching set of copy #1 for these books, but I also understand and accept that mistakes do happen. Indeed, I am extremely grateful for the kind efforts you have made in trying to retrieve my copy #1 of Carrie and it is very much appreciated. You certainly have not lost my custom because of this matter.

Country
    Country Flag

Hi ICry -- That's just absolutely priceless. I just called Nicky into my office to show her and I thought I was going to have a seizure laughing. The top hat is wonderful. However, Nicky is on her way to you and the only things on her mind are where to stick her quill and how many times to do it. Be afraid. In fact, be VERY afraid. -- Best as ever -- Pete
    OH SHIT! Please tell Nicky that if it helps, I can make you into either Scrooge or Tiny Tim

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

NEVER Scrooge surely?!!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    NEVER Scrooge surely?!!
    You're right, Pete is far too jovial a man to be Scrooge!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    NEVER Scrooge surely?!!
    You're right, Pete is far too jovial a man to be Scrooge!
    I was thinking more along the lines of Generous, but that works too..
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Hey, I loves youse guys! -- Pete

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, I loves youse guys! -- Pete
    Hey, you definitely ain't from N.Y. so knock it off!! The British accent will take you further anyway. LOL LOL "Dijait"? "No, Diju"? Now that's NYC!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Foygedaboutit

Did I pronounce that correctly?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Foygedaboutit

Did I pronounce that correctly?
    No. LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

whyiorder . . .

to the moon, alice . . .

Country
    Country Flag

whyiorder . . .

to the moon, alice . . .

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Hey, ICry, you've made me a happy man. I loved THE HONEYMOONERS--sheer genius. Best wishes -- Ralph

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stsnlTZG84Y

And it's "Fuhgedditboutit"!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Geez youse guys! Whadda ya tawkin' aboud? Yoo wanna tawk aboud Noo Yawk? I tell ya, I wuz on thoidy-thoid and thoid, waydin on line fo a knish an I aksed fo a cuppa watah, but dey only had soder. So den I sez "Fuhgeddaboutit! Jus gimme a goddam cuppa cawfee befawr I busta cap in yaw ass!"

LOL! LOL! LOL!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 182 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 ... LastLast