Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 182 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

And finally (yeah, right!), someone has brought up a very good point about TK time. We add an hour in the summer. So this will clearly have an impact on other time zones.

Crikey, what a carve-up!

Rayther than my getting into explaining the relationship between the UK and ALL time-zones around the word, I think it’s best that I withdraw to my earlier standpoint: the book will go on sale at 9 pm UK time on Saturday 21 June 2014. That much I can absolutely guarantee cos Mike will be doing it, finger on the button, while he maintains a vigil on the watch on his wrist. I have checked and I can confirm thatt in that, in the summer, the UK moves onto British Summer Time which is one hour ahead of Greenwich Mean Time.

As regards what time that will be where you are, I think you should google your own country’s time relationships with the UK in the summertime. The easiest way is probably to do this: google the worldwide clocks and you'll see all of them displayed, each one incrementing as a minute passes. If you do that on the Friday then you'll know exactly what time it'll be on the Sunday. Make sense?> Gee, I hope so.

Best wishes, Pete

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Would have been simpler to post GMT and then everyone figure it out.
    Clarify that the sale starts @ 2100 UK time, Saturday June 21, 2014.
    Now you have even confused me.

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hi Randall Okay, listen up: the book will go on sale at 9 pm UK time on Saturday 21 June. It's up to all you temporal types to figure out what time that is wherever YOU call home. Best -- Pete

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    Hi Randall Okay, listen up: the book will go on sale at 9 pm UK time on Saturday 21 June. It's up to all you temporal types to figure out what time that is wherever YOU call home. Best -- Pete
    Dear Mr. Pete at PSpublishing,

Please reserve me one copy. I am not very smart when it comes to time conversion. It will be alot easier for me if you just save me a copy. I would like Letter A. Please let Mr King know to sign it to Roseannebarr.

Looking forward to a positive reply in this most important matter.

Thank You! Glen

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Dear Mr. Pete at PSpublishing,

Please reserve me one copy. I am not very smart when it comes to time conversion. It will be alot easier for me if you just save me a copy. I would like Letter A. Please let Mr King know to sign it to Roseannebarr.

Looking forward to a positive reply in this most important matter.

Thank You! Glen

John

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

British Summer Time starts: Last Sunday in March
    British Summer Time ends: Last Sunday in October
    British Summer Time clocks change at 1.00 am (01:00) Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

When do UK clocks change to British Summer Time (BST)?

Clocks go forward (BST) - 30 March 2014
    Clocks go back (GMT) - 26 October 2014

This link shows a real-time clock in the UK:

http://wwp.britishsummertime.com/

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I was withholding my opinion until I saw more of it, and now that I have - I wasn't a fan of Glenn before and this doesn't do one bit to win be over. I'm tired of seeing his art on so many SK books and cases everywhere.

For fans of Glenn, this must be like a wet dream.
    I choked with the water I was drinking while reading this.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hello Pete,
    I dont know how many books you have planned for your 40 years anniversary editions, but do you plan to release a portfolio for all the artwork?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

...Okay, listen up: the book will go on sale at 9 pm UK time on Saturday 21 June. It's up to all you temporal types to figure out what time that is wherever YOU call home. Best -- Pete
    In this internet age, anyone who can't figure out the conversion to their own time zone that day probably wouldn't be able to figure out how to buy the book anyway.

Have a great week off, Pete and Nicky!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    ...Okay, listen up: the book will go on sale at 9 pm UK time on Saturday 21 June. It's up to all you temporal types to figure out what time that is wherever YOU call home. Best -- Pete
    In this internet age, anyone who can't figure out the conversion to their own time zone that day probably wouldn't be able to figure out how to buy the book anyway.

<---------------------------Thinks he just got gibed.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

<---------------------------Thinks he just got gibed.
    Just for you, Jerome:

Spoiler:
    It will be 2pm here in California.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...621T21&p1=1440

Also:

Spoiler:
    I was just messing with you. It will be 1 pm.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...0621T21&p1=136
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait until I unveil the thread that gives insider info on how to "game" the system for ordering. It will be invitation only, password protected, and you ain't gettin' in.

Spoiler:
    Just teasing. I'll let you in.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wait until I unveil the thread that gives insider info on how to "game" the system for ordering. It will be invitation only, password protected, and you ain't gettin' in.

Spoiler:
    Just teasing. I'll let you in.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Would have been simpler to post GMT and then everyone figure it out.
    Clarify that the sale starts @ 2100 UK time, Saturday June 21, 2014.
    Now you have even confused me.

Welcome to the ranks of the "Confused", Jerome. We have a chair set up just for you!!! I've been waiting a long time for this!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tomorrow is the day... how many here will be going after the "gold"?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Planning my Saturday afternoon around it. Gonna' try but not very optimistic!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Planning my Saturday afternoon around it. Gonna' try but not very optimistic!
    I think the people here that are going for it will get it. I don't see the "lust" for this that some others have commanded... I hope you do my friend!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I think that those who want one will be able to get one.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Agreed.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with this. I don't think it will sell out in minutes and those who know they want it and order right away will get it. I'd be interested to see how long it takes to sell out though. I thought long and hard about this one, and I decided to go for it.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I agree with this. I don't think it will sell out in minutes and those who know they want it and order right away will get it. I'd be interested to see how long it takes to sell out though. I thought long and hard about this one, and I decided to go for it.
    I think you are wrong on not selling out immediately. Although this site has many of the leading SK collectors, there are many more out there with deep pockets that are not members here. (The recent CD and VFB auctions are testament to that!). Also there will be a number of high end dealers all trying to get there hands on one to re-sell at a profit to those that missed out. If I wanted (or could afford) one I wouldn't be hanging around...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I think you are wrong on not selling out immediately. Although this site has many of the leading SK collectors, there are many more out there with deep pockets that are not members here. (The recent CD and VFB auctions are testament to that!). Also there will be a number of high end dealers all trying to get there hands on one to re-sell at a profit to those that missed out. If I wanted (or could afford) one I wouldn't be hanging around...
    GREAT point...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Tomorrow is the day... how many here will be going after the "gold"?
    "gold" i wish it was gold. In my humble opinion it is way over priced.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been considering going for this edition, but finally decided not to: overpriced and not fond of Glenn Chadbourne's work.
    Good luck to everyone who'll be trying to get a copy.

sk

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just as a comparison, just this week I sold a set of books on eBay for $4,450. eBay listing fee was like $3.00; selling fee was $250; and PayPal fee was $140. Postage was $19 and insurance on the package was $65. Add a few bucks for bubble wrap and it comes to about $482.

So, to make any sort of flipping profit on eBay a lettered Carrie will have to sell for at least $500 more than list price. Maybe that's a no-brainer. Not sure. Will it really flip for over $5,000?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 182 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 ... LastLast