Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 182 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    You are definitely entitled to your opinion, no doubt there. I have been familiar, intimately, with Glenn's work especially through the Haven Fund Raiser and while at first I was "so-so" I have come to really appreciate his vision and artwork. Besides being a just awesome person, his art can be very intuitive. He also happens to be a childhood buddy (if you will) of SK and a fellow "Maine" resident. Some say he is "over-exposed" and maybe that is true, but then again over the years I have come to really appreciate his work. He is also very accessible, friendly and fast. He is definitely a valued friend of the Haven Fund and a damn good artist. IMHO
    While I'm not a fan of his work, I will be the first to admit that he has been really great to this community.

However, Bob chose the perfect word. Saturation. IMHO, Glenn doesn't need to illustrate every King related book from every publisher.

I personally look forward to seeing new illustrators that I am not familiar with.
    Glenn has done more than enough SK titles. To be honest, so have Whelan, Chong, and any of the other multi-book illustrators that I may have missed.

I've actually been thinking about starting a thread for illustrators we'd like to see working with CD, SP, PS, Centipede, etc.
    Mark Twain

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    You are definitely entitled to your opinion, no doubt there. I have been familiar, intimately, with Glenn's work especially through the Haven Fund Raiser and while at first I was "so-so" I have come to really appreciate his vision and artwork. Besides being a just awesome person, his art can be very intuitive. He also happens to be a childhood buddy (if you will) of SK and a fellow "Maine" resident. Some say he is "over-exposed" and maybe that is true, but then again over the years I have come to really appreciate his work. He is also very accessible, friendly and fast. He is definitely a valued friend of the Haven Fund and a damn good artist. IMHO
    While I'm not a fan of his work, I will be the first to admit that he has been really great to this community.

However, Bob chose the perfect word. Saturation. I don't Glenn doesn't need to illustrate every King related book from every publisher.

I personally look forward to seeing new illustrators that I am not familiar with.
    Glenn has done more than enough SK titles. To be honest, so have Whelan, Chong, and any of the other multi-book illustrators that I may have missed.

I've actually been thinking about starting a thread for illustrators we'd like to see working with CD, SP, PS, Centipede, etc.
    You know what? I kinda agree. I am not his "agent", but I don't understand why he is not illustrating for a lot of other authors. I mean he is kinda a "mainstream" guy for "King" and you would think that would open a lot of doors. Glenn is a great person and should be doing a lot more "work". Maybe I should ask him and get the ball rolling. It is strange.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting points of view. Even when I do like Glenn's artwork, I feel the same way as many do. I don't feel too excited about Carrie 40th anniversary edition and I was a little (just a little) dissapointed by the anniversary editions of Christine and Pet Sematary. Excellent cover artwork, not so excellent interior plates. I think that the two books deserved a better final product.

I wonder why publishers don't hire again illustrators like Michael Whelan, or try some new ones instead. Knowing Darkness was a great project to introduce some other illustrators that might be a great contribution to a S/L, like John Picaccio or Bob Eggleton. I guess some of these artists are probably more expensive, but that's something that goes beyond my knowledge.

Again...I think Glenn's work is good, but it's time to give the King fans something different.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

GREAT IDEA!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didnt notice in the latest PS' newsletter the paragraph about Glenn working on CARRIE. Must have read it too quickly...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FWIW - Although I'm not generally known as a huge proponent of Mr Chadbourne's art, some of the early sneak peaks at his work for Carrie seem to be somewhat different than what would be expected (particularly the painted pieces)

That said, that's just one mans humble opinion ....
    We all float down here!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

That looks really good. I like it. Not sure what medium it is....acrylic maybe? I think he should do more like this and less of the pen and ink. Just another man's humble opinion.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First on my list would be Gerald Brom!

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    After Carrie PS is going to put out Thinner. I just hope they do them both in 2014.
    Refresh my memory.. how King books been done up to this point?
    Wanted:
    DT1 Gunslinger S/L #96
    Any DT or DT related books #96

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RIC #520 View Post
    After Carrie PS is going to put out Thinner. I just hope they do them both in 2014.
    Anniversary editions?
    Only Christine and Pet Sematary so far, but they have announced Thinner, Skeleton Crew and Carrie for 2014.
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RIC #520 View Post
    Anniversary editions?
    Only Christine and Pet Sematary so far, but they have announced Thinner, Skeleton Crew and Carrie for 2014.

When did they announce them? And where is the painting from?
    It's a really nice one though!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

PS announced both in a newsletter last year.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Ah yes, I remember now
    thx

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    That looks really good. I like it. Not sure what medium it is....acrylic maybe? I think he should do more like this and less of the pen and ink. Just another man's humble opinion.
    I like it, too. The style and material/medium feels different which helps combat the fatigue of overexposure that some have mentioned.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anniversary editions?
    Skeleton Crew is being released in 2015, only Carrie and Thinner are being released in 2014.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone know when they're planning on selling the new 20th Century Ghosts and how much it will cost?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Anniversary editions?
    Skeleton Crew is being released in 2015, only Carrie and Thinner are being released in 2014.
    My wallet is happy to hear that!
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have been holding off on mentioning this, but I was unhappy with my copy of Pet Sematary. There were surface scratches on the slipcase, so I emailed them to ask for a replacement slipcase. I was told there were none, and was offered either a partial refund for the issue or a full refund if I returned the book. No problem, except that suddenly there were 19 copies being sold via the newsletter and they wouldn't send me one of those when I asked.

Anyone else have any issues with them before? I was planning on picking up all the anniversary editions, but I'm kinda soured on them right now.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I have been holding off on mentioning this, but I was unhappy with my copy of Pet Sematary. There were surface scratches on the slipcase, so I emailed them to ask for a replacement slipcase. I was told there were none, and was offered either a partial refund for the issue or a full refund if I returned the book. No problem, except that suddenly there were 19 copies being sold via the newsletter and they wouldn't send me one of those when I asked.

Anyone else have any issues with them before? I was planning on picking up all the anniversary editions, but I'm kinda soured on them right now.
    No complaints from me, PS were great in sorting me out with a matched number set when I received 2 different ones.
    Does full refund include shipping? you could send yours back and buy one of the 19...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

No complaints from me, PS were great in sorting me out with a matched number set when I received 2 different ones.
    Does full refund include shipping? you could send yours back and buy one of the 19...
    By the time they got back to me, the 19 were sold out. Should've just went with my gut and bought another one, but I didn't.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

By the time they got back to me, the 19 were sold out. Should've just went with my gut and bought another one, but I didn't.

No complaints here. My Christine was packed too tight and the cover was wrinkled. contacted them and they replaced it no problems.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These anniversary editions look great! I'm envisioning a bookcase full of them somewhere down the road.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    These anniversary editions look great! I'm envisioning a bookcase full of them somewhere down the road.
    I hear the 40th Anniversary edition of Dr Sleep is going to be awesome!
    It will come suspended on antigrav tray with a limited edition 'force field' tube that fills with 'steam' at the press of a button.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    I hear the 40th Anniversary edition of Dr Sleep is going to be awesome!
    It will come suspended on antigrav tray with a limited edition 'force field' tube that fills with 'steam' at the press of a button.
    I'll just wait for the 80th Anniversary Edition of Carrie then - I'd want a matching set of antigrav traycases!

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did SubPress mail out the Pet Sematary's yet? I got one from Camelot, but haven't heard anything from SP. Or maybe I just missed an announcement?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 182 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast