Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 182 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBunny View Post
    I hope I get The Raft version. I wonder if we can request.
    Yes, you should be able to request by emailing them with your order number. The last time Pete was discussing this, the majority of the covers would be the Raft version, with a smaller run for the composite version, but that may have changed, now that they have modified the originally unveiled composite version. I've got the Composite version requested for my #7 series, but I really like the clean Raft version of it.

Skeleton Crew also got a VERY brief mention in the current PS Newsletter:

"Meanwhile, FantasyCom looms large

It’s time to start whetting appetites for what PS is planning.

First off, on the Friday evening, we’ll be launching books from Ray Bradbury (SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES, which will include a lavishly illustrated version of the tale that started the novel, THE BLACK FERRIS), Ramsey Campbell (RAMSEY CAMPBELL, PROBABLY and THIRTEEN DAYS BY SUNSET BEACH), James Cooper (HUMAN PIECES), Harlan Ellison (ELLISON WONDERLAND), Joe Hill (20TH CENTURY GHOSTS), Stephen King (SKELETON CREW), plus maybe a surprise or two to boot. AND all the titles we got ready so frantically for NecronomiCon."

I don't know quite what that means in terms of seeing the book show up on our doorsteps, but hopefully this is good news!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    "The raft" one is definitely the best.
    The others seem too "crowded" to me : like trying to put as many references as possible
    I'd love to see what you could come up with. Give it a go...
    I am not a designer, but I believe that I can give my opinion on a cover.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

To tell the truth, with the exception of Thinner (I love Les Edwards/Edward Miller's illustrations), I've not been a fan of PS anniversary editions and sold my copies of Carrie, Christine and Pet Sematary not long after I got them. Art is subjective and I agree with that, but I'm not a fan of the artists chosen so far for the books. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. I mean: put a Michael Whelan, Maitz, Mark Stutzman, Berni Wrightson, JK Potter or any other artist whose artwork is always cherished by everyone (I know I mentioned some artists wih a large career behind, but there are some great "new" ones, such as Tommyslav Tikulin or David Pallumbo that also made a great impression) and those books would sell out super fast (I mean...with less than 1000 copies...how much can those last?). And I'm also not a big fan of the production so far and I think CD, Subterranean Press and Grant Books made a lot better gift editions that cost the same or less. I think that if PS would spend more in the production and artists, these books would have a better reception and less disagreements. IMO.

Nevertheless I'm pretty excited about Salem's Lot. I like the artwork shown and the idea of the three books.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    To tell the truth, with the exception of Thinner (I love Les Edwards/Edward Miller's illustrations), I've not been a fan of PS anniversary editions and sold my copies of Carrie, Christine and Pet Sematary not long after I got them. Art is subjective and I agree with that, but I'm not a fan of the artists chosen so far for the books. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. I mean: put a Michael Whelan, Maitz, Mark Stutzman, Berni Wrightson, JK Potter or any other artist whose artwork is always cherished by everyone (I know I mentioned some artists wih a large career behind, but there are some great "new" ones, such as Tommyslav Tikulin or David Pallumbo that also made a great impression) and those books would sell out super fast (I mean...with less than 1000 copies...how much can those last?). And I'm also not a big fan of the production so far and I think CD, Subterranean Press and Grant Books made a lot better gift editions that cost the same or less. I think that if PS would spend more in the production and artists, these books would have a better reception and less disagreements. IMO.

Nevertheless I'm pretty excited about Salem's Lot. I like the artwork shown and the idea of the three books.
    I could not have said that better Ari...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Some interesting opinions and feedback there, particularly from Ari and Webstar. Of course, we're always disappointed when someone says they're not keen on (or out and out dislike) one or more of our covers but I'm sure you'll agree that the way to total madness is to try pleasing everyone. But I'm glad you like the look of our edition of 'SALEM'S LOT -- it's gonna be cool, I reckon. (So I'll put away the razor for a little while.)

TCCBodhi, last week's Newsletter means that SKELETON CREW will definitely be going out to customers at the end of October, but it'll take some time to marry up numbers etc so please be patient.

I've been away for a while (goofed up on my log-in process but thanks to zoidsmith I'm back in the good fight.

Best wishes from the Yorkshire seaside . . .

Pete

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered my copy of 'Salem's Lot, looks to be a tremendous edition. Can't wait!

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    Some interesting opinions and feedback there, particularly from Ari and Webstar. Of course, we're always disappointed when someone says they're not keen on (or out and out dislike) one or more of our covers but I'm sure you'll agree that the way to total madness is to try pleasing everyone. But I'm glad you like the look of our edition of 'SALEM'S LOT -- it's gonna be cool, I reckon. (So I'll put away the razor for a little while.)

TCCBodhi, last week's Newsletter means that SKELETON CREW will definitely be going out to customers at the end of October, but it'll take some time to marry up numbers etc so please be patient.

I've been away for a while (goofed up on my log-in process but thanks to zoidsmith I'm back in the good fight.

Best wishes from the Yorkshire seaside . . .

Pete
    Pete, can we email Nicky with a request for a specific Skeleton Crew dust jacket?

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Coming from clear back at post #2292, Pete said:

Hi guys

Once again I have to apologise. We're swamped with stuff and Mike's away for a few days . . . plus I'm away on Wednesday until the following weekend. I'm treating myself now with a little foray into the message board--hopefully this'll ease some concerns.

I don't agree with the numerous thumbs-down messages about Pete Von Sholly's 'busy' and 'cluttered' cover but, you know, when it comes right down to it, it don't matter diddly what I think. The customer is king and my job is to make sure they feel that way.

Interestingly, we got several emails saying they loved the cover as it was and didn't want it changed--I just got another one in today. So there you go. We're going to do the cover we originally had, maybe 100 or 200 copies. The rest will be a new 'unbusy' and 'uncluttered' piece. The short-run one will go only to folks who request it.

More soon

Pete
    Now of course, things change, including the original cover, but you should be able to make a request to Nicky and as long as the DJ remains available, then you should be able to get it without an issue.
    WANTED

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Beneath the dust-jacket the boards will have no text at all on them. That way you'll be able to see the artwork completely unadorned. And yeah, the spellings ill be correct on the jackets. (Sheesh!) Pete

Hey Merlin -- We're aiming to ship SKELETON CREW late next month, maybe early November. It'd be nice to think 'SALEM'S LOT will be ready for Christmas and that's the plan . . . but I'm not going to promise. Best -- Pete

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Christmas would be great, but no need to rush it if it needs to slow down to get it right. Salem's looks amazing, Pete!
    WANTED

Hi TCC -- Yes, we're trying for Christmas and once FantasyCon is out of the way, we should have a fighting chance. Wish me luck. But do rest assured that we would never substitute speed for quality. (And thanks, whoever it was, who mentioned the gaff we made on <Marston> instead of <Marsten> -- I like to think we'd have spotted it ourselves but it's nice to know we've got the entire DT message board[s] double-checking for us. Anyway, if you let me know who you were--and include an address (send details to me at editor@pspublishing.co.uk) -- then I'll send you a little something by way of saying thanks.

Meanwhile, just signed off today's Newsletter so now I'm ducking out to the seafront for a coffee and a read of the papers. Back to work this afternoon but the good news is it's only six hours to gin o'clock--YAY!

Best -- Pete

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

According to Pete's latest newsletter, he will be writing an Introduction to PS Re-issue of 'Salem's Lot. (This has been approved by Stephen King.)

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

@Pete

So the most important thing i took away from your newsletter?
    You are a prog rock fan!
    I saw the cover art to Tales and before reading I started trying to figure out how you were going to incorporate one of the best albums from one of the best bands ever!!!
    And i really liked the Chris Squire mention at the end. That was a sad day. I fear we are going to start losing alot of our musical hereos before verey long.

Anyways, thanks for all you do and have a great day.
    Chris
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Hey, Chris. Yes, man oh man: Yes was a group to beat 'em all. I remember being at a gig in maybe 1969 or so and seeing them do their wonderful cover of S&G's 'America'. Absolutely brilliant. I can see we'll have further conversations down the line--bring 'em on, I say!

Best wishes

Pete

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Merlin -- We're aiming to ship SKELETON CREW late next month, maybe early November. It'd be nice to think 'SALEM'S LOT will be ready for Christmas and that's the plan . . . but I'm not going to promise. Best -- Pete

Thanks, Pete!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is there an estimated release date for '20th Century Ghosts'?

Also I appreciate that the illustration for 'Pop Art' will be in both editions.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Hi Cyber -- Yes, we're expecting copies of the trade edition in the next few days--we're taking copies to FantasyCon on 23 October.

With regard to the slipcased and tray cased editions, we're still waiting on one of the two movies.

Best wishes--Pete

Oh, I just spotted the extra question: yes, the Pop Art piece will appear on all the boards (i.e. beneath the dust-jacket). Everyone really seemed to like that piece.

Pete

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Pete,

Any news on when the Thinner lettered will be published?
    Thanks

HI JON

IT'S DUE ANY DAY NOW. (AND YES, I KNOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE "YADA YADA YADA" BUT IT'S ABSOLUTELY TRUE.)

BEST

PETE

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Pete. Fantastic, I can't wait!!

Hi Jon -- I just got a call from Graham at Blissets (the printer) and they're currently tipping in the artwork and 'paring' down the leather (yeah, your guess is as good as mine on that one) and he assured me that all copies will be ready mid-October at the latest. That's a bit more than the few days I implied earlier but it's VERY close even so. Best wishes from the seaside -- Pete

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info, Pete.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Halloween prezzie!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 182 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 ... LastLast