Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 182 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Not sure if there is a better thread.... But any word on a Joe Hill The Fireman limited edition? I thought I heard Ps publishing was doing one... Any idea if this will be pre or post the trade hardcover? When may we see a pre-order page?
    In the Preview copies of The Fireman that Gollancz The PS edition is advertised with these details:
    Coming out three months after the Gollancz's trade version, the PS version will come in two status thus:
    * 500 copies in an illustrated slipcase and signed by the author,
    * 26 oversized lettered copies housed in a deluxe traycase signed by both Joe Hill and artist David Stoupakis.
    September 2016
    So, no unsigned edition? Joe's sig is getting too expensive for me these days.
    I agree with you - I wonder what price points these will be at. If 20th century is any indication I won't be buying.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The price of the IDW NOS4A2 wasn't too extravagant, I think it's mostly PS's pricing that's getting to expensive... just my 2 cents.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We've been here before, Dan, and I'm referring to the "too expensive." I do agree with you, but just a couple of minutes ago I received my latest PS treasure.
    And I mean treasure.
    I'll post the rest in my collection thread - and a few more here later.

sk

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I will say that despite my stance on their pricing when they go all out on a book, like they have with the King lettered editions, they sure make something truly worth owning and treasuring.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    We've been here before, Dan, and I'm referring to the "too expensive." I do agree with you, but just a couple of minutes ago I received my latest PS treasure.
    And I mean treasure.

sk

It's been 13 hours, post some pics!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk

It's been 13 hours, post some pics!
    I did, Patrick, almost right away - as I said, in my collection thread.
    Oops - just noticed I would post a couple more here as well....

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post972943

sk

Country
    Country Flag

I am so very glad I finally purchased the last copy available. It's a gorgeous edition and I'm looking forwards to what's coming next.
    THANK YOU, Pete and PS-team!

sk

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I can see why you're glad you took the plunge. It looks great.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Our friends at PS towers have definitely stepped up their game with Thinner. Congratulations Siep!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, guys - it's one of my favorite King limiteds for sure.

sk

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Pete, I enjoyed your Bowie story in today's newsletter. Thanks for sharing.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I concur Patrick. Pete, that was a very touching tribute.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

No newsletter for me yet.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    No newsletter for me yet.
    They rate their email distribution. Serious collectors first and then the rabble. It'll come eventually.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's one more lettered edition of The Dark Tower Companion available if anyone wants! There were two until a few minutes ago

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/the-da...ent-3828-p.asp
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not "Hawking", but I would like to acknowledge the generous donation made by, Pete Crowther, Mr. Von Sholly and "PS Publishing" to this year's "Haven Fundraiser".....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201512936862...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Estimates on the price of an unsigned Lettered edition of PS Publishing's "Thinner"? The copy has been designated #8.
    Do you think that means that there are at least eight unsigned copies of the lettered edition out there? If so..........wow!
    So we're only talking about the book here, aren't we? I mean, without the traycase, as these are lettered as well.
    No numbered cases floating around, I hope?

sk

PETE----

Curious to how many unsigned numbered copies of Carrie and Thinner were released? HOw many signed copies of Carrie and Thinner were released? Numbered Copies? Please share if you are able to. This is a new wrinkle in the lettered editions that i was not aware of.

We know that there were four signed PC copies of Carrie. Maybe those PC copies were numbered instead? I seem to recall 4 for Carrie.

Is there numbered copies of Carrie and Thinner, if so are you able to share? If so how many numbers or PC copies of each. Are they for sale?

Thank You! Glen

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Hi Folks -- There were33 copies of the tray cased edition of CARRIE and I thought the same applied for the tray cased edition of THINNER but it could be there were 34--I'll know better tomorrow when I check in our mailing unit AND speak with representative from the printers. But if that were the case then that might explain the #8: we'll see. For the record, the extras were for spoils (there weren't any, as it happens) and contributors. For CARRIE, the numbers 1 thru 4 went out to contributors and they were signed (mine is #3). I just checked andI still have the numbers 5, 6 and 7. These are NOT signed. We still have one signed and lettered copy of a CARRIE and that is "U". I think that accounts for the entire production run. With regard to THINNER, the 'spare' copies are at the mailing unit but I can certainly say that, once again, contributors received a signed copy. My copy is #6 (goodness knows what I did with #3) and, once again, I have the signed copy lettered "U". If a copy has found its way onto the open market well, I'm not sure I can do anything about that. I'll certainly make some calls to see if I can find out who might be responsible but it wouldn't achieve anything. What I CANsay is that I will not be numbering the unlettered SKELETON CREW: Instead, I'll use the traditional "PC" marking. If I've caused concerns or suspicions or out-and-out confusion then I do apologise. Believe me when I say that I have not sold any of the unlettered copies. Best wishes -- Pete

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's still a wonderful donation for our fundraiser, and I'm very grateful.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's still a wonderful donation for our fundraiser, and I'm very grateful.
    Yes!!! Many thanks, Pete!!!! You're a star!!! This and the "Skeleton Crew" with, Peter Von Sholly" art!!! Remarkable!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Estimates on the price of an unsigned Lettered edition of PS Publishing's "Thinner"? The copy has been designated #8.
    Do you think that means that there are at least eight unsigned copies of the lettered edition out there? If so..........wow!
    So we're only talking about the book here, aren't we? I mean, without the traycase, as these are lettered as well.
    No numbered cases floating around, I hope?

sk

PETE----

Curious to how many unsigned numbered copies of Carrie and Thinner were released? HOw many signed copies of Carrie and Thinner were released? Numbered Copies? Please share if you are able to. This is a new wrinkle in the lettered editions that i was not aware of.

We know that there were four signed PC copies of Carrie. Maybe those PC copies were numbered instead? I seem to recall 4 for Carrie.

Is there numbered copies of Carrie and Thinner, if so are you able to share? If so how many numbers or PC copies of each. Are they for sale?

Thank You! Glen
    I don't understand the concern here.... What does it matter that there are a number of unsigned copies of Carrie and Thinner out there? For there is still only the 26 signed Lettered copies and the 4 signed PC copies that were not available to the general public in existence!

The value or desirability of your copy of Carrie does not diminish with the inclusion of these unsigned copies. Be it 5 copies or even 500, you will still belong in the small group of people who own a "signed Lettered" copy, and NO amount of unsigned copies will change that fact!

I personally think it a very nice touch that Pete was able to produce a few extra copies, that he could give to the various contributors involved in the production of these editions. Especially when you consider that Stephen King had made it abundantly clear that he would only sign a maximum of thirty signature sheets on each book.

Pete, you don't need to explain yourself here, you have done nothing wrong. Indeed, your extremely generous donation to this year's Haven Foundation Fundraiser is truly remarkable and absolutely breathtaking! Let me echo Merlin's sentiments in saying that you are an absolute legend and a STAR!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

I don't understand the concern here.... What does it matter that there are a number of unsigned copies of Carrie and Thinner out there?
    Collector's like information and clarity. It's valuable to the community to know and understand (where possible) the variants of books such as these. That was why I wondered. I myself am not "concerned".

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

I don't understand the concern here.... What does it matter that there are a number of unsigned copies of Carrie and Thinner out there?
    Collector's like information and clarity. It's valuable to the community to know and understand (where possible) the variants of books such as these. That was why I wondered. I myself am not "concerned".
    No Concern here, INFORMATION is a theme in many of Stephen King's books === Hearts of Atlantis and Duma Key come to mind! Question asked, question answered. Pete is always willing to share! Thank You PETE!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Something only a few here will be able to answer: did PS really up their game with the lettered Thinner? Practically everyone here, including myself, thinks Thinner is a much nicer production than (the lettered) Carrie. But is it really, or are the differences just a matter of taste?
    I decided to pass on Carrie: too expensive in the first place, but also because of the chosen artist - like some of his stuff (own both lettered Secretary of Dreams), but not enough for a huge investment like this. It took me a long time to finally buy the remaining copy of Thinner, which I actually liked right from the start. I loved the traycase, color and printed image, loved the dust jacket and loved the artist. From what I've seen, except for the color and artwork, both editions look very similar and follow the same pattern, production wise.
    To those who own both lettered editions, are the differences just a matter of taste, or is the lettered Thinner indeed a classier production?

sk

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the additional info, Pete, and thank you for the donation to the site's fundraiser. It's really cool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 182 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 ... LastLast