Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 182 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

20th Century Ghosts is the first book published by Hill.

Copies of the first PS edition are expensive.

The demand for the book is there.

I am wondering if there will be anything new in the new edition to make it a no brainer decision for folks who own the old one to buy.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Joe is a very good author, but nowhere near the same level as his father. While I can understand limited editions of his novels, he doesn't really seem worthy of anniversary editions.
    disagree
    Can you expand, please? Why do you think he's worthy of a 10 year anniversary book?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I may order the Skeleton Crew just to get the Mist booklet. (I just got the newest PS newsletter.)

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Joe is a very good author, but nowhere near the same level as his father. While I can understand limited editions of his novels, he doesn't really seem worthy of anniversary editions.
    disagree
    Can you expand, please? Why do you think he's worthy of a 10 year anniversary book?
    If I may interject, while he is of course, King's son he has nevertheless written noteworthy novels in his own right and let's be honest, to still be relevant after ten years in this genre is an accomplishment. He may not be his, Dad but we shouldn't hold that against him IMHO. He's a very good author and his works speak for themselves, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

disagree
    I mean he is worthy of an anniversary book because his name and the book will sell. The demand for Joe Hill is much larger that when the collection was first published when he was still closely removed from hiding from the source of his real name.

Demand is there. The original edition is way sold out and hard to acquire and it is very expensive.

20th Century Ghosts is (IMO) his best book

He hasn't put out a new collection of stories because he has been doing novels and comic books in the time since he released 20th Century Ghosts.

His LE Novels have been put out by PS (Horns) and Sub Press (Heart Shaped Box and NOS4A2)

In order to potentially get the S/N LE contract for the next short story collection, PS needs to make Joe some money (and put out a quality product) which they will do by re-issuing 20th Century Ghosts.

I just hope the re-issue is not primarily a re-printing, but that the new edition has new stuff and extras in it.

I also hope it doesnt cost $4000 rofl
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    Crikey, AKC--you're right. And it's a littler less now. Good luck out there, folks . . . I'll be rooting for every last one of you. Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    49.5 hours from GO TIME for the Deluxe Edition of THINNER!
    26.5 Hours until THINNER!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Crikey, AKC--you're right. And it's a littler less now. Good luck out there, folks . . . I'll be rooting for every last one of you. Pete
    Is AKC excited? haha Hope you get one man!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Lol he will get one.

Do you really think people are going to be flooding the sale?

I think that anyone that orders the first day will get one.

In fact i'm wondering if it will even sell out quickly at all. That is a high price for that book. I mean Carrie is one thing, but I don't think Thinner is worth that much. Well at least PS has going for it the fact that it hasn't been issued in a limited edition before.

The real test will be when Skeleton Crew comes out. With the Scream Press edition already published, I predict that Skeleton Crew will be the book that sales stall on.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, much like Carrie, I feel anyone who wants Thinner will be able to get it.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol he will get one.

Do you really think people are going to be flooding the sale?

I think that anyone that orders the first day will get one.

In fact i'm wondering if it will even sell out quickly at all. That is a high price for that book. I mean Carrie is one thing, but I don't think Thinner is worth that much. Well at least PS has going for it the fact that it hasn't been issued in a limited edition before.

The real test will be when Skeleton Crew comes out. With the Scream Press edition already published and the Cemetery Dance Edition on the way. I predict that Skeleton Crew will be the book that sales stall on.
    ? CD doing Skeleton Crew. That's news to me. I think you're right Thinner will probably be slower than Carrie.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    ? CD doing Skeleton Crew. That's news to me. I think you're right Thinner will probably be slower than Carrie.
    Woops massive brain fart, LOL, CD is doing Night Shift in their Doubleday years re-issue. Still I think having the Scream Press Edition out there already will stall sales. But what do I know. It seems you can put King's name on a phone book and it would sell
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Woops massive brain fart, LOL, CD is doing Night Shift in their Doubleday years re-issue. Still I think having the Scream Press Edition out there already will stall sales. But what do I know. It seems you can put King's name on a phone book and it would sell
    Yes, I also think skeleton Crew will probably struggle to sell due to the Scream Press edition and also I must admit the artwork is not of my taste.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I also think skeleton Crew will probably struggle to sell due to the Scream Press edition and also I must admit the artwork is not of my taste.
    Well, you could say the same thing about the Centipede Press edition of Salem's Lot affecting CD's version, but CD's Salem's Lot is selling out extremely quickly.

Not everyone has the Scream Press edition of Skeleton Crew, and certainly those who don't are probably unlikely to be able to afford to spend in excess of $700 for a copy. The PS Publishing edition of Skeleton Crew will offer something new to those who do not already have a copy of the Scream Press edition. This same argument is being applied to CD with their Doubleday Years books, and those books are selling out very fast.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

Well, you could say the same thing about the Centipede Press edition of Salem's Lot affecting CD's version, but CD's Salem's Lot is selling out extremely quickly.

Not everyone has the Scream Press edition of Skeleton Crew, and certainly those who don't are probably unlikely to be able to afford to spend in excess of $700 for a copy. The PS Publishing edition of Skeleton Crew will offer something new to those who do not already have a copy of the Scream Press edition. This same argument is being applied to CD with their Doubleday Years books, and those books are selling out very fast.
    Tim is right.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

E

Tim is right.
    I was continuing the conservation about the deluxe lettered editions. I'm sure the slipcased version will do fine especially if it has The Mist storyboards included.

Country
    Country Flag

E

Tim is right.
    I was continuing the conservation about the deluxe lettered editions. I'm sure the slipcased version will do fine especially if it has The Mist storyboards included.
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhh......true
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I have mixed feelings on Joe Hill's books. I have only read 2 - Heart Shaped Box and NOS4R2. Hated the first and loved the second. What I don't agree with is an anniversary for 10 years - too soon IMHO. 25 Years should be the minimum. I was going to draw a comparison with some SK books - ie would you want a 10 year anniversary edition of.... <insert book title here>
    Both Stephen King's Faithful and On Writing have 10th Anniversary Editions. Sales of those two books are doing just fine.

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    disagree
    If I may interject, while he is of course, King's son he has nevertheless written noteworthy novels in his own right and let's be honest, to still be relevant after ten years in this genre is an accomplishment. He may not be his, Dad but we shouldn't hold that against him IMHO. He's a very good author and his works speak for themselves, no?
    I have enjoyed all of his works to date.

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

I'm a fan of the PS editions, and will maintain my matched number set (and variants; hopefully THINNER is not just a one-off). As for the SKELETON CREW art, it's not what I would have expected and certainly something different for a King limited, but I love that Pete & Team went out of the box with it.

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Thanks, MKB. And yes, we're planning on doing variant covers on other books: we've been doing it off and on for years now (I think the first one was FUZZY DICE by Paul DiFilippo and then SECRET STORY by Ramsey Campbell . . . to name just two titles. Then of course, we did the now infamous THE COLORADO KID by you-know-who, which had three different covers PLUS three different interior sets and endpapers. Best -- Pete

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, MKB. And yes, we're planning on doing variant covers on other books: we've been doing it off and on for years now (I think the first one was FUZZY DICE by Paul DiFilippo and then SECRET STORY by Ramsey Campbell . . . to name just two titles. Then of course, we did the now infamous THE COLORADO KID by you-know-who, which had three different covers PLUS three different interior sets and endpapers. Best -- Pete
    Hi Pete,

I never knew about the variants of Secret Stories. I can't find anything on your website anymore apart from the paperback. My copy is of the photo below - what did the variant look like?

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2 HOURS and 50 MINUTES to the Deluxe Thinner

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

In two hours 42 I'm going to order 26 copies of Thinner!

Country
    Country Flag

DAMN IT!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Still early, but where will the link be revealed?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 182 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 ... LastLast