Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 182 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

Crikey! There'll be 974 copies of the book, as agreed in the contract. The books will be numbered 1 through 974. basically, I guess we'll be saying this to repeat customers: "You're buying your number XXX, Now, which book would you like around it?" The books themselves will have all the same pieces albeit in slightly different places.

Thus they'll be like this:
    EDWARDS EDITION
    * Buzzard slipcase
    * Pie dust jacket
    * camper van endpaper #1
    * Oldsmobile endpaper #2

MILLER EDITION
    * Oldsmobile slipcase
    * camper van dust-jacket
    * pie endpaper #1
    * buzzard endpaper #

Aside from those, the books will be identical.

Pete

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

So when all anniversary editions have been printed, 224 people with matching sets will have five matching copies and one random number of an alternate Thinner (unless some of those people have a Carrie that is lower than 750 at which point it gets complicated again), So I'm guessing that the Miller copies will probably be numbered 751-974 as those limitation numbers will never be part of a complete set? Also, you say the books themselves will be identical, what image will be used on the boards in the way that Pet Sematary and Christine were done?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    So when all anniversary editions have been printed, 224 people with matching sets will have five matching copies and one random number of an alternate Thinner (unless some of those people have a Carrie that is lower than 750 at which point it gets complicated again), So I'm guessing that the Miller copies will probably be numbered 751-974 as those limitation numbers will never be part of a complete set? Also, you say the books themselves will be identical, what image will be used on the boards in the way that Pet Sematary and Christine were done?
    He isn't saying that at all. You won't be able to tell what version by the number. If you have number 500 you can request either version.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    He isn't saying that at all. You won't be able to tell what version by the number. If you have number 500 you can request either version.
    But only for 224 of the potential 974 customers, the other 750 customers do not get a choice

Well whatever the outcome, I hope you feel better soon Pete

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's a solution if you haven't printed anything yet.

Have the buzzard design on one side of the case with the Oldsmobile design on the other.

Print the dustjacket double-sided with the pie on one side and the van on the other.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Crikey, indeed! This just became a clusterf**k.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Give us 926 different versions. Case closed

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sure am glad I'm only buying the Lettered version. A lot going on with the Limited......

Gunslinger Apprentice pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing is a jewel in the rough pete at pspublishing's Avatar

You know what, I'm gonna go back to just the original version as we had it . So all orders made up to and including Thursday 13 November (and that includes all trade orders made up to that date) will receive the original cover of the pie-man/gypsy and the vulture slipcase. Any orders made since that date will be given a choice so when you get your order number from Nicky just let us know and I'll personally make a note on every order.

Believe me, I intended this as a little perk/added bit of excitement/fun so please, all you folks busy constructing rope-neckties, just ease up a little. All's well that ends well. The end result is there'll be only a relative handful of the Miller cover/slipcase variant.

Best wishes and profound apologies one and all for causing such a ruckus. I live and I learn.

Pete

One extra point. If anyone who ordered before Thursday 13 November would PREFER the Miller variant, then that's fine as well. Just let me have name and order number.

Pete

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Pete,
    Firstly I don't think anyone here would consider lynching you! From a collectors perspective, having both you and Brian so accessible is a great benefit to these forums, the downside is you get the 'raw' feedback

IMHO (and others can make their own comment) collectors want added value to a single version of the book. I would prefer to spend double the price to get the best quality book than buy 2 variants that differ only slightly. I know it was not your intention, but I think it devalues the original by having additional variants. The crazy thing about collecting is that limitation creates want, so the version that most people prefer ends up being less collectible because there are more of them!

Against my better judgement, I have ended up buying both variants. The first one because I prefer it and the second because I know it will end up being harder to get later.

To quote the lyrics of James Blunt, "Give me reason, but don't give me choice"...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Hey Stroppy --Good to hear from you. I do take your point. I think I have misjudged (screwed up, dropped the ball, etc etc etc) and I'm sorry it happened. Rather naively, I thought I was giving something extra when, in fact, I was taking something AWAY from it. But, you know the old saying, "he who never made a mistake never made anything" so I'm hopeful that we can all of us put this whole sorry episode behind us. I'm betting we'll end up with their being barely one hundred copies of the second state . . . but I'll make sure I have one! Best wishes and thanks for your kind words -- Pete

Gunslinger Apprentice mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger has a spectacular aura about mkberger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pete at pspublishing View Post
    Hey Stroppy --Good to hear from you. I do take your point. I think I have misjudged (screwed up, dropped the ball, etc etc etc) and I'm sorry it happened. Rather naively, I thought I was giving something extra when, in fact, I was taking something AWAY from it. But, you know the old saying, "he who never made a mistake never made anything" so I'm hopeful that we can all of us put this whole sorry episode behind us. I'm betting we'll end up with their being barely one hundred copies of the second state . . . but I'll make sure I have one! Best wishes and thanks for your kind words -- Pete
    I love the idea of two variants; aside from the pure cool factor there is a bit of a thrill in seeing things unfold here, with the publisher and readers/buyers both part of the process. We'll remember this one.

Well, it's for sure that *I* will!

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's too bad that people had to ruin a nice thing. I might order the Miller version now simply on principle.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pete, sorry it seems like a personal attack. I understand that when you own something and it is criticized it is taken as a personal attack. For me, I wasn't upset, just more confused. Thanks for being in the forefront of all this. Can't wait to see the final production. I'm sure it will look great next to others from this series.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    It's too bad that people had to ruin a nice thing. I might order the Miller version now simply on principle.
    I like that one better.

Hi Gang -- It's a little after 3:30 am and I couldn't sleep cos my head's full of flu/cold so I thought I'd get up, have a cup of tea and do some work. And hey, it sure is nice to see that everything seems to have calmed down now. Phew! Onwards! Best wishes to all -- Pete

Hi Pete,

If I should have learned anything from my short time on this forum by now it would be to never post when emotional.

I'm not writing this to complain further because I clearly have already done so, I just want to clarify my point of view.

I am not against the idea of two variant copies of Thinner at all, actually I think it's a very nice idea and would be on board %100 if I were given a choice as to which I would receive when just ordering one copy. The newsletter made it clear that if I wanted the copy I originally ordered for absolutely certain, I would have to order two books or order one book and take a 50/50 (presumptive) shot at getting the book I wanted. This seems like a breaking of the original contract.

If I were in a restaurant and ordered a steak dinner and if a few minutes before the waiter brought out the meal, the manager informed me that I had to order a second meal of sushi to ensure I got the steak dinner I had ordered or else I face a chance of getting sushi instead, I would be absolutely baffled and probably would not go back to that restaurant.

I don't want that to happen with PS Publishing because I like your steak dinners and want to continue to order them.

I realize that there are many King completists out there who have ample collecting money, I am not one of these, I pick and choose editions based on what I like about them. Which, I have no problem with the completists out there because if I did have ample spending money I might try my hand at completism so please don't think I am passing judgement.

So really the biggest gripe I had was having my choice of book taken away. It didn't feel right.

I never wanted you to decrease the print run for the second variant or get rid of it at all. Pete, all I wanted was a choice in the matter.

I apologize for being overly harsh in some of my posts and I really hope that what Robert Fulman said about ruining a nice thing isn't true because I would hate to ruin anything for anyone on here.

Well, those are my thoughts and I do hope that you get to feeling better soon.

Thanks,
    Tommy

Hey, Tommy -- A good point well made. There were several ill-thought-out parts to my action and I hope I've now resolved them. I didn't take offence. I'm a big boy and I like to think I can take both my licks and my ticks. It taught me something and that's always a valuable end-result. And all that anyone who took part can be accused of is being passionate. That'll do fine in my book.

So everyone who ordered before last Friday will receive the pie-buzzard edition, and those who ordered a second cover will receive the van-Olds edition. Mike will be amending the website to make sure everyone understands the alternative.

Have a good day, everyone. Me, I've still got this damn cold but I'm trying to be brave. (Nicky says I'm not doing very well at it, however. Hey ho.)

Best

Pete

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Tommy -- A good point well made. There were several ill-thought-out parts to my action and I hope I've now resolved them. I didn't take offence. I'm a big boy and I like to think I can take both my licks and my ticks. It taught me something and that's always a valuable end-result. And all that anyone who took part can be accused of is being passionate. That'll do fine in my book.

So everyone who ordered before last Friday will receive the pie-buzzard edition, and those who ordered a second cover will receive the van-Olds edition. Mike will be amending the website to make sure everyone understands the alternative.

Have a good day, everyone. Me, I've still got this damn cold but I'm trying to be brave. (Nicky says I'm not doing very well at it, however. Hey ho.)

Best

Pete
    I am not taking sides in any way, shape or form, but being that I am not a "customer" for these editions maybe my two cents are warranted (Of course, I should always disclose my HF bias). Nevertheless, it must be a particularly daunting task to not only be a publishing business man, but to also solicit input from the collectors of ones' product from those "passionate" customers. Now, what I mean is that we are not talking about whether a new toy should feature the new "Kung Fu grip", but a time honored, published edition of a well loved tome.

Seems to me that, Pete is doing his best to try to make everyone happy and unfortunately, that is usually doomed to failure, but his attempt deserves some merit, no? JMHO, but we seem to give, CD just a little more "benefit of the doubt" and they have earned it, but you gotta give a guy a chance to fuck up first. Then have at him. Don't "have at him" before he does something and asks for your input. Just be constructive and helpful. And I am not saying that anyone here has not been that way just, "lighten up" a bit? JMHO and what the fuck do I know as I'm not even going to purchase these as my collection goes in a self determined different direction. Just food for thought, or not. I am in now way attacking anyone either way.

On a separate note, just got back from, Austin and got a signed copy of "Revival"!!!!

Best of luck to you, Pete. Keep on trucking!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Hey Merlin -- Thanks so much for your generous comments. Maybe I just have to win my spurs. I think I'm getting closer. Onwards! Best wishes one and all -- Pete

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Merlin -- Thanks so much for your generous comments. Maybe I just have to win my spurs. I think I'm getting closer. Onwards! Best wishes one and all -- Pete
    Well, I guess in some ways we all have to, but some of the fare here in recent days.... I'm sorry folks I don't cotton to that. However, it is just my opinion. Take it as you may.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Believe me, I intended this as a little perk/added bit of excitement/fun so please, all you folks busy constructing rope-neckties, just ease up a little. All's well that ends well. The end result is there'll be only a relative handful of the Miller cover/slipcase variant.
    No good deal goes unpunished. I have no doubt you meant/mean well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 182 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast