Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 182 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    According to todays newsletter, there will be 2 different states of Thinner (different dustjackets and slipcases).
    Yeah I saw that. My first thought was, Why!? Do we really need two versions of it. Which is an odd thought coming from me because I am a completist collector and absolutely have to have every state of a book, and also don't typically frown upon variant states. But I'm questioning whether to get both of these.

Gunslinger Apprentice uturn83 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Cheerful

Wish there was just one....definitely not springing for two. Since it's random, I really hope I get the 'pie' one- don't care for the other option at all....and the spine on both the dust jacket and the slipcase look hard to read.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I definitely prefer the "Pie" copy as well and I ordered mine through CD so I hope there's a chance I can request that copy, otherwise I may cancel

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ugh. I love PS and in my dealings with Pete he's been nothing but a gentleman and with customer service second to none... But this just feels like a "let's make damn sure we sell all these copies" move to me. It doesn't net them any more money (unless they're doubling the print run now), the only people it hurts are the completists. And the regular collectors too, I guess, if it makes it harder to get a copy now since many will be shooting for two copies probably.

IMHO, just go with the pie cover.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

My first thought was, Why!? Do we really need two versions of it. Which is an odd thought coming from me because I am a completist collector and absolutely have to have every state of a book,
    Seems to me you answered your own question.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

This is getting absolutely out of hand.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think they should mix and match the jackets and slipcases. That way there would be four states.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I think they should mix and match the jackets and slipcases. That way there would be four states.

You're an evil, evil man, Mike!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if the Lettered Edition will be in two states as well. That would be intetesting...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I wonder if the Lettered Edition will be in two states as well. That would be intetesting...

"Intetesting"??? Is that some sort of incest related, biological testing procedure? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    LOOOL
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess this leaves those with matching numbers the luck of the draw.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

"Intetesting"??? Is that some sort of incest related, biological testing procedure? LOL
    I'm currently on a train typing this shit on my mobilr phone and the aitomatic word generator is shot to fuck LOL!

It should have been "Interesting"... I swear this fuvking phone...

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This is an incredibly horrible decision from a 'publisher' who cannot ever make up his mind.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Why the quotation marks?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This is BS though. I paid for Thinner with the pie and now I could get something I don't want.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

If I do get a copy -- and I do think I want this one -- I'll wait and get it secondhand/aftermarket so I can choose the cover and slipcase I want. Funny, though...rather than prompt and encourage pre-orders as I would assume a publisher would want, it seems to me this may well work to discourage them.

Either way, I'm waiting.

On a positive note, since Pete never did clarify in this thread, I was surprised but pleased to see that THINNER is entirely on the front of the dj and not wrapped around the entire jacket with only NER on the front as was shown earlier.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope they don't do something like this with their Joe Hill book.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Which book ?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Which book ?
    The 10th Anniversary Edition of 20th Century Ghosts.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The part that really gets me in the newsletter is how you shouldn't worry in case you order two copies because you will automatically get both but if you just order one copy well then good luck cause we don't have time to handle requests, they have the time to make sure two different copies are in one order but not the time to field requests for one copy, nice

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    The part that really gets me in the newsletter is how you shouldn't worry in case you order two copies because you will automatically get both but if you just order one copy well then good luck cause we don't have time to handle requests, they have the time to make sure two different copies are in one order but not the time to field requests for one copy, nice
    That's because they are trying to drive sales for multiple orders by targeting avid book collectors like Mr Zelig...

Originally posted by Zelig
    I am a completist collector and absolutely have to have every state of a book, and also don't typically frown upon variant states.
    From a strictly financial standpoint, it makes perfect sense. From a customer service perspective, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    That's because they are trying to drive sales for multiple orders by targeting avid book collectors like Mr Zelig...

Originally posted by Zelig
    I am a completist collector and absolutely have to have every state of a book, and also don't typically frown upon variant states.
    From a strictly financial standpoint, it makes perfect sense. From a customer service perspective, not so much.
    choosing a "strictly financial standpoint" over the "customer service perspective" will sometimes lose both and that makes no sense

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Given that it's a limited edition of a Stephen King book it's going to sell out regardless so I don't see what difference it makes to PS if one person buys more than two copies to get a different dustjacket/slipcase.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Given that it's a limited edition of a Stephen King book it's going to sell out regardless so I don't see what difference it makes to PS if one person buys more than two copies to get a different dustjacket/slipcase.
    Two words. Gross Profit!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 182 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 ... LastLast