Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Mercedes - New Novel, June 2014

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The first clue word is "control" but I haven't gone further than that.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Seems to work, but I don't know the "answer/password".

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

First one is control, then chaos, then darkness. Then the screen freezes with a "Loading".

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    First one is control, then chaos, then darkness. Then the screen freezes with a "Loading".

John
    Thanks for the answers. I was able to go quite a few places by clicking on the computer screens.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, so did I.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I like that Marsha Defilippo is the writer on several newspaper articles, and that at the end of some pieces there is cryptic stuff like "bocnia hersagovena" (SP?), and Nortwestern Positronics etc.

Banned DanishFan is on a distinguished road

"Bosnia Hersogovena" is also written on the website Under Debbie's Blue Umbrella.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I get the lights on and the monitors working. When I click on a monitor it says "Please update your Web browser" on the monitor.

How do I get past that?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

sorry, do you both mean Bosnia and Herzegovina? I haven't read the novel yet, but the territory in quesiton played prominent part in world's history

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I get the lights on and the monitors working. When I click on a monitor it says "Please update your Web browser" on the monitor.

How do I get past that?
    What browser are you using? I'm using the newest version of Firefox and not having any problems.

John

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It appears the SK site is down.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The clues are in the video - control, chaos,....

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It works for me on IE 11, Chrome 35.0.1916.114 m, and Firefox 29.0.1.
    I didn't try Safari, or Opera

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

How do you tell which version of Firefox you have? Just curious.

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

John
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...-you-are-using

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

John
    On the newer versions you click the three bar icon at the top right. Then click the question mark icon at the bottom of the window that opened. Then click on "About Firefox."

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

I'm still a fifth of the way through the book, and for the most part I'm digging it, especially from Hodges's perspective. But I just wanted to post that, at this juncture, I think King has made a grievous error in characterization of the bad guy. I don't care how King had to emphasize Hartsfield's villainy by making him a racist to boot. It took a truly fascinating character and turned him into an unbearable caricature, and I think that in doing so, I just lost interest in any of the perspective of Hartsfield's scenes. I don't mind it if it feels germane to the character (i.e. Henry and Butch Bowers), but here it feels like it was heaped on to shock and disgust the reader. You're better than that, Sai King.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It works for me on IE 11, Chrome 35.0.1916.114 m, and Firefox 29.0.1.
    I didn't try Safari, or Opera
    I have Firefox 30.0. The problem I am having with that browser is that I use NoScript, Ghostery, Adblock Plus, and a cookie blocker. I thought I allowed everything but something is still blocking something.

The highest version of internet explorer for Vista, which this machine is running, is IE9. So no go there.

I'll just have to use the lady's laptop. Too much trouble on this set-up.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

John
    On the newer versions you click the three bar icon at the top right. Then click the question mark icon at the bottom of the window that opened. Then click on "About Firefox."
    Thanks, Brian. I have 29.0.1.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thoroughly enjoyed the book. As a "Crime" novel I liked it a little more than "Joyland", but to me that book was a "tweener" in some ways. Crime novel, yes but also something I can't put my finger on. "Mr. Mercede's" and especially, Mr. Hodges reminded me a lot of Det. Kinderman from "The Exorcist" in many ways.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't know if this has been mentioned here:

From the UK/Hodder & Stoughton edition, page 83:

Hodges and Peeples meet:

"Radney, not Rodney," Hodges says. "Like Radney Foster, the country singer."
    Foster's face breaks into a grin. "That's right."

Foster's face??

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Don't know if this has been mentioned here:

From the UK/Hodder & Stoughton edition, page 83:

Hodges and Peeples meet:

Foster's face breaks into a grin. "That's right."

Foster's face??

sk
    The US edition has the same mistake on page 90.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    You can report errors and typos here: http://stephenking.com/error-typo.php
    Thanks. I reported both editions.

It happens twice.

Foster's (sic - should read Peeples) face breaks into a grin. "That's right."
    "Mr Peeples, my name is Bill Hodges, I ended my tour as a Detective First Class, and my last big case was the Mercedes Killer. I'm guessing that'll give you a pretty good idea of what I'm doing here."
    "Mrs Trelawney," Foster (sic - should read Peeples) says, and steps back respectfully as Hodges opens his car door, gets out, and stretches.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I read Bev Vincent's review today (In issue #71 of Cemetery dance), and really enjoyedit.
    Thanks Bev.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast