Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Twelve Days of RatMas-Contest

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea what my guesses were, except that a couple were in the 200-300 range (before the circus was shown, obviously). I didn't get a Fhloston Paradise message though, so it probably wasn't me (a little Fifth Element reference there for all you fans .... Multipass!).
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I have no idea what my guesses were, except that a couple were in the 200-300 range (before the circus was shown, obviously). I didn't get a Fhloston Paradise message though, so it probably wasn't me (a little Fifth Element reference there for all you fans .... Multipass!).
    and for non fans it looks like this

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

AZIZ, LIGHT! Much better, thank you Azziz.

Love that movie! Would also love to know who won (still holding out hope!).
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, who won for crying out loud, enquiring clown minds need to MUST know
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It was Ari, wasn't it? Even though he didn't enter. Rat bastard. (I've been waiting to use that!)

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Feeling lucky tonight after finding some long misplaced treasures...... (New Lieutenants Rap ..... 2 versions) so had to throw in a few rat-full guesses for the cause..
    Took a bit for me to research the guesses I made..... I knew one was 136......... AND it appears another was 134.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Hey! So you win Explorer!
    Congratulations!!
    Got ideas for the commissioned piece?
    reality continues to ruin my life

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Feeling lucky tonight after finding some long misplaced treasures...... (New Lieutenants Rap ..... 2 versions) so had to throw in a few rat-full guesses for the cause..
    Took a bit for me to research the guesses I made..... I knew one was 136......... AND it appears another was 134.
    Great job! Enjoy the prize and please be sure to share (if your inclined to) the finished piece.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome !!!! Congrats Explorer
    We all float down here!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rat Bastard!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
    LOL Congrats!!!

On a side note, my best count was 124!!! There's gotta be some really well hidden one's in there I missed
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Great job! Enjoy the prize and please be sure to share (if your inclined to) the finished piece.
    Thanks.. I will SURELY SHARE

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Congratulations!!
    Having come across some of Glenns art in a quaint Tavern (THE OLD GOAT) while staying in a small town in Maine I grew an appreciation for both his art and my good fortune. As noted in my post "ART Found in Maine", my wife and I by chance dropped into a small pub in Richmond Maine and while talking with the owner who was serving us cold drafts conversation ventured to Mr King. Scott asked if we had paid attention to the pictures on the wall behind us. He also noted those as well as the graphics on the outside wall had been done for him by Glenn Chadbourne. What was the chance of that happening? I have since paid more attention to Glenn's work and feel he is quite talented and feeling a connection knew I would have to join in this opportunity to give towards The Haven Foundation. Who knew karma might continue?

I DO HAVE SOME IDEAS.... Will need to see if my thoughts can meld with Glenns.
    Thanks all who gave and made this possible.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Thanks.. I will SURELY SHARE

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Congratulations!!
    Having come across some of Glenns art in a quaint Tavern (THE OLD GOAT) while staying in a small town in Maine I grew an appreciation for both his art and my good fortune. As noted in my post "ART Found in Maine", my wife and I by chance dropped into a small pub in Richmond Maine and while talking with the owner who was serving us cold drafts conversation ventured to Mr King. Scott asked if we had paid attention to the pictures on the wall behind us. He also noted those as well as the graphics on the outside wall had been done for him by Glenn Chadbourne. What was the chance of that happening? I have since paid more attention to Glenn's work and feel he is quite talented and feeling a connection knew I would have to join in this opportunity to give towards The Haven Foundation. Who knew karma might continue?

I DO HAVE SOME IDEAS.... Will need to see if my thoughts can meld with Glenns.
    Thanks all who gave and made this possible.

That's an excellent idea, Jim!!! I remember your post well and something along those lines will be both inspired and original. I'll bet it will get Glenn's creative juices going as well!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I really did like those pieces from the Tavern you had posted.
    Cant wait to see what you come up with and the finished piece!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

After bidding and feeling lucky I started thinking about what I might like to own if I had the opportunity to hang a Chadbourne in my home.
    I reviewed several items and found the work in "Colorado Kid" interesting. Living in Florida and enjoying "Duma Key" I have considered to request a scene related to it. I also considered the idea of requesting a picture of Mr. Kiing himself. Another option might be SK drawn into a scene fom "Duma Key". I do not know what the options are however I am sure Glenn could do justice to any thought I have and I would connect with it. HOWEVER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You'll find Glenn is absolutely wonderful to work with and extremely amicable to any and all ideas!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'm stunned that only 10 of us entered, and sorry but am disappointed that we raised only $235. I thought this was a really good fundraising opportunity with a great prize, and expected there to be many many more entrants. Perhaps it was just the timing with the holidays, combined with the economy? Still, at just $5 a guess I thought we'd have brought in much more. Thanks to Glenn and Bad Penny for putting this together, its toward a good cause (and I think the ten entrants are pretty pleased with their odds!).

Let me throw in an edit ... I'm concerned because I'm also working to acquire a very unique item for this year's (well, next year's) fundraiser, and now am just a bit concerned that time, effort and $$$ will be for naught. Would I be better off just donating the $$$? I hope not, it's nowhere near as much fun!
    We were dissapointed too. The people who came up with the idea were very excited about having the contest here. I felt that we would have been better off auctioning the opportunity for a Chadbourne original on ebay. I believe it would have generated twice the amount.
    The intention was to get members involved, have a lot of fun and keep the prize in house.

For the record, here are the people who donated and submitted guesses:
    Ben Staad, George at Colorado Springs, jimimck, skcollector.com, Merlin 1958, Divemaster, Robert Fulman, Hannes O., Expolorer, sgc1999

That is also why when the fundraiser officially kicks off, virtually everything to be auctioned off will be on ebay-we simply get a much wider audience and more revenue even after paying listing and Paypal fees..
    HOWEVER>>>>>>> as much as I would love to own a piece of Chadbourne art...... I would also like to make a more sizeable donation to The Haven Foundation by offering :
    The Prize: An 11" x 17" original, one of a kind, Glenn Chadbourne painted color illustration signed and numbered (one of one!) and created just for the winner.

to be auctioned with the benefits going to The Haven Foundation. (if Glenn will consider that option.)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I'm stunned that only 10 of us entered, and sorry but am disappointed that we raised only $235. I thought this was a really good fundraising opportunity with a great prize, and expected there to be many many more entrants. Perhaps it was just the timing with the holidays, combined with the economy? Still, at just $5 a guess I thought we'd have brought in much more. Thanks to Glenn and Bad Penny for putting this together, its toward a good cause (and I think the ten entrants are pretty pleased with their odds!).

Let me throw in an edit ... I'm concerned because I'm also working to acquire a very unique item for this year's (well, next year's) fundraiser, and now am just a bit concerned that time, effort and $$$ will be for naught. Would I be better off just donating the $$$? I hope not, it's nowhere near as much fun!
    We were dissapointed too. The people who came up with the idea were very excited about having the contest here. I felt that we would have been better off auctioning the opportunity for a Chadbourne original on ebay. I believe it would have generated twice the amount.
    The intention was to get members involved, have a lot of fun and keep the prize in house.

For the record, here are the people who donated and submitted guesses:
    Ben Staad, George at Colorado Springs, jimimck, skcollector.com, Merlin 1958, Divemaster, Robert Fulman, Hannes O., Expolorer, sgc1999

That is also why when the fundraiser officially kicks off, virtually everything to be auctioned off will be on ebay-we simply get a much wider audience and more revenue even after paying listing and Paypal fees..
    HOWEVER>>>>>>> as much as I would love to own a piece of Chadbourne art...... I would also like to make a more sizeable donation to The Haven Foundation by offering :
    The Prize: An 11" x 17" original, one of a kind, Glenn Chadbourne painted color illustration signed and numbered (one of one!) and created just for the winner.

to be auctioned with the benfits going to The Haven Foundation. (if Glenn will consider that option.)
    That is a simply AWESOME gesture on your part, Jim!!!!!

Way to go!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Explorer Jim - your munificence is exceeded only by your good looks

That is a fantastic gesture, and Glenn has no problem at all with this, quite the opposite.

I look forward to the auction !!!!!
    We all float down here!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Explorer Jim - your munificence is exceeded only by your good looks

That is a fantastic gesture, and Glenn has no problem at all with this, quite the opposite.

I look forward to the auction !!!!!
    +1! Awesome act of good will Mr. Explorer!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This will be a real "Bonanza" since we had a fun contest, raised some HF funds, had them "matched" and are now going to auction with the item!!! What a Quad-fecta!!!!! LOL

Can't think of a better way to kick off our most daunting fund raiser to date!!! You folks are AMAZING!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What a great gesture!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Really nice thing to do Jim, don't know that I could/would have done the same. Then again, I wasn't really worried that I'd win ... I never win contests! Even with great odds like this one had (10 entrants, 37 guesses, 10 of those were mine, so 27% chance if I do the math right), its just not in my genes. I found my guesses in PayPal history, my closest was 137. I'm kinda bummed, had a great idea in mind for the work ... but at the same time, I'm glad the way it turned out for the Haven Fund. Like DeNiro said, "I'm real conflicted about it"! Of course, he was talking about whacking a guy, I'm not at that point. Yet.

Bad Penny, bonus points for munificence.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Really nice thing to do Jim, don't know that I could/would have done the same. Then again, I wasn't really worried that I'd win ... I never win contests! Even with great odds like this one had (10 entrants, 37 guesses, 10 of those were mine, so 27% chance if I do the math right), its just not in my genes. I found my guesses in PayPal history, my closest was 137. I'm kinda bummed, had a great idea in mind for the work ... but at the same time, I'm glad the way it turned out for the Haven Fund. Like DeNiro said, "I'm real conflicted about it"! Of course, he was talking about whacking a guy, I'm not at that point. Yet.

Bad Penny, bonus points for munificence.
    LOL But look at it this way, you get a second shot at it!!! Lok for the auction!!! The Haven Fund is "Live" a week early!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I lose at solitaire.

My Mood
    Twisted

We have some very generous members around here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast