Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My experiences with Donald M. Grant Inc.

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    Nobody if going to read that.

It is the War and Peace of complaint letters man.

I fell asleep halfway through it.

Trim it down if you want someone to pay attention to your complaints.

You also might want to limit your complaints to things that actually affected you. An employee selling her personal copy of the S/L TWTTK had nothing to do with you as far as I can tell.
    People have read it, like it or not. And I guarantee someone of importance will read it. I trimmed it as much as possible, but all the facts needed to be there. And why can't I report things that happened, regardless if they happened to me or not?

Maybe you shouldn't even comment on something you haven't even read
    Your bias is 100% obvious. Go kiss Karen's ass some more .
    Let me rephrase my comment.

Nobody of importance will read this.

King won't read it. His secretary won't read it.

And at what point did I fucking kiss Karen's ass?
    lol, and you know that how? Like I said, your bias is obvious.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I know that because I live in the real world.

Look dude...like I said, you seem to have legitimate issues with slow delivery and some damage to your book. If you really want your complaints heard, than address those two issues. Not every other fucking thing in the world related to this book.

An I have no bias. DMG is a company I buy SK books from...nothing more. I give them money, and they give me books. Period. My relationship is no different with DMG than it is with Walmart. I have no bias.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I was obviously speculating about the Jae Lee remarques. Did you not see the questions I asked? I merely reported what we know and asked questions that I would like to know the answer to.
    And the fact is: Grant sold those books not Jae Lee, regardless of how you try to spin it.

Though we don't know where they came from, the main point is that we know they EXIST. And my argument is that PC copies should not go to getting remarques done for sale. They should primarily be for damaged books that are already presold for customers. People having to receive damaged books is ridiculous. Quality was the thing Grant supporters were always boasting about...
    I did see your question and matched your speculation with my own to demonstrate the point that it doesn't help your argument to King's people. There's not enough information for any of us to do anything but guess. Do you think his people really want to entertain publisher conspiracy theories?

I totally understand your frustration and would be pissed in your situation as well, but I think your letter could be a lot stronger. That's the only reason I took the time to respond in the first place.

Grant obviously screwed up and should have done a much much better job dealing with your issue. Send a physical copy of your letter to Robert as well when you send it to King's office.

Good luck.
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Nobody if going to read that.

It is the War and Peace of complaint letters man.

I fell asleep halfway through it.

Trim it down if you want someone to pay attention to your complaints.

You also might want to limit your complaints to things that actually affected you. An employee selling her personal copy of the S/L TWTTK had nothing to do with you as far as I can tell.
    People have read it, like it or not. And I guarantee someone of importance will read it.

Maybe you shouldn't even comment on something you haven't even read
    Let me rephrase my comment.

Nobody of importance will read this.

King won't read it. His secretary won't read it. She will take one look at the size of it and drop it in the trash.

Your bias is 100% obvious. Go kiss Karen's ass some more .
    And at what point did I fucking kiss Karen's ass?

She and I are not friends, and if you look back at any of my posts, I have rarely ever engaged her.

And why can't I report things that happened, regardless if they happened to me or not?
    You can report on anything you like, but by tackling a multitude of topics, all you have succeeded in doing is sounding like a whiner.

I'm surprised you did not complain the rising cost of gasoline in that letter as well.

I trimmed it as much as possible, but all the facts needed to be there.
    Holy shit, if that was the trimmed version I would have hated to have had to ready the untrimmed version.

And as I have said to you, and as other have said to you, the FACTS are not all there. Your letter is full of speculation regarding LSOE remarques and the book Karen sold on ebay.
    You can talk shit all you want but I specifically remember you telling me to stop complaining in the TWTTK Collecting thread. And guess what? I'll complain if I damn well please.
    If you don't want to read it, then piss off But you'd rather complain about... me complaining. Get real.

My letter has some speculation? Obviously. And what's wrong with that?

And here's a post by YOU explaining how the lottery works: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post697945

And you're telling me Grant upheld that policy? If so, then how so?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

So Karen got a book for being an employee. Big fucking deal. She then took that book and sold it. Her prerogative to do so.

Yes, thank you for quoting me on how the lottery works. Guess what...there was one less book in the lottery.

And that affected you how?

Dude...you are all over the map.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    I was obviously speculating about the Jae Lee remarques. Did you not see the questions I asked? I merely reported what we know and asked questions that I would like to know the answer to.
    And the fact is: Grant sold those books not Jae Lee, regardless of how you try to spin it.

Though we don't know where they came from, the main point is that we know they EXIST. And my argument is that PC copies should not go to getting remarques done for sale. They should primarily be for damaged books that are already presold for customers. People having to receive damaged books is ridiculous. Quality was the thing Grant supporters were always boasting about...
    I did see your question and matched your speculation with my own to demonstrate the point that it doesn't help your argument to King's people. There's not enough information for any of us to do anything but guess. Do you think his people really want to entertain publisher conspiracy theories?

I totally understand your frustration and would be pissed in your situation as well, but I think your letter could be a lot stronger. That's the only reason I took the time to respond in the first place.

Grant obviously screwed up and should have done a much much better job dealing with your issue. Send a physical copy of your letter to Robert as well when you send it to King's office.

Good luck.
    Thank you for taking the time to read and post. I wish I did have all the facts. The ones I didn't I told the facts I do have and I feel that I have not exaggerated or said anything that is not true.

I don't know what the intended readers may or may not do about it. But if I had a say and I learned of things like this happening, I'd at least want to look into it and see that it doesn't happen again.
    I have no delusions of grandeur and no expectations.
    I just want to communicate these issues and what happens, happens.

Thank you again, and peace.

So Karen got a book for being an employee. Big fucking deal. She then took that book and sold it. Her prerogative to do so.

Yes, thank you for quoting me on how the lottery works. Guess what...there was one less book in the lottery.

It didn't affect me. Why does it need to affect me for me to be able to talk about i?
    It's a practice I see as distasteful. If you don't feel the same, fine. But I'm not attacking you for not agreeing with me...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not weighing in on this issue in any way. As far as I am concerned, it didn't happen to me and there seem to be little in the way of actual facts other than what Neo actually experienced first hand. Just FYI, it is my understanding that Mr. king is none too fond of S/L's as a rule of thumb and doesn't exactly revere "Collectors". This letter sure ain't gonna help things in the future!!

Just a thought.

I mean if he was actually asked to "weigh in" at this point in his career his response would probably be "Fuck that, no more Limited editions"!!! I do agree he will probably never read this and I, for one, am thankful!! LOL

Now, back to our regularly scheduled debate and flaming!!! LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    I really love an opportunity to utilize this "Smiley"! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

It didn't affect me. Why does it need to affect me for me to be able to talk about i?
    It's a practice I see as distasteful. If you don't feel the same, fine. But I'm not attacking you for not agreeing with me...
    I dunno...you telling me to go kiss Karen's ass some more seemed like an attack to me.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I am not weighing in on this issue in any way. As far as I am concerned, it didn't happen to me and there seem to be little in the way of actual facts other than what Neo actually experienced first hand. Just FYI, it is my understanding that Mr. king is none too fond of S/L's as a rule of thumb and doesn't exactly revere "Collectors". This letter sure ain't gonna help things in the future!!

Just a thought.

I mean if he was actually asked to "weigh in" at this point in his career his response would probably be "Fuck that, no more Limited editions"!!! I do agree he will probably never read this and I, for one am thankful!! LOL

Spoiler:

lol, totally true Bill! But I think if something is done, at least it should be done right.

I'm not blowing this up to be a big deal. I'm just one person with one opinion and my own experience. In my mind and in my mind only, I don't think Grant deserves to get another King book--that's all. It's a book afterall--not a big deal either way.
    But when I saved and saved for months and only wanted that one thing all year and experienced what followed.. yeah it did motivate me to actually complain about it. I've never previously written a complaint letter in my life!...

I dunno...you telling me to go kiss Karen's ass some more seemed like an attack to me.
    Yeah, and you talking shit telling me no one will read it--which you could not possibly know--wasn't an attack. Trying to tell me what to do wasn't an attack.. right.
    You did it back then and you're doing it now. lol, and why?

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

It WAS NOT an attack...you posted the letter and in doing so invited people to comment....and that is what I did.

And I was not the first person to imply your letter would go unread. As I have previously explained, I meant nobody of importance (ie King or his secretary) will read it. Two members here posted similar comments before I had.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a thought.

I mean if he was actually asked to "weigh in" at this point in his career his response would probably be "Fuck that, no more Limited editions"!!! I do agree he will probably never read this and I, for one am thankful!! LOL

Spoiler:

lol, totally true Bill! But I think if something is done, at least it should be done right.

I'm not blowing this up to be a big deal. I'm just one person with one opinion and my own experience. In my mind and in my mind only, I don't think Grant deserves to get another King book--that's all. It's a book afterall--not a big deal either way.
    But when I saved and saved for months and only wanted that one thing all year and experienced what followed.. yeah it did motivate me to actually complain about it. I've never previously written a complaint letter in my life!...
    If you have been on these boards for awhile you will understand when I say "I can't believe I'm being the voice of reason (?) here", but you may want to tone down the "quips" (?) at others that do not share your level of frustration.

You certainly have every right to complain and vent your frustrations, but "Tippy4" is probably bigger than you in real life (I've met him). Exercise caution!! LOL LOL Just fucking around a little...

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

It WAS NOT an attack...you posted the letter and in doing so invited people to comment....and that is what I did.

And I was not the first person to say that to you either. As I have previously explained, I meant nobody of importance (ie King or his secretary) will read it. Two members here posted similar comments before I had.
    I suggested to share experiences. Posting a douchey comment communicating nothing more than you don't like the context of the letter, you didn't even READ the letter, and telling me what I can and cannot say in the letter is hardly constructive and I'm sure you're smart enough to know that.

No one said anything like you said, or even close. If I have a complaint about a Ford car do I expect the matter will be handled by a Mr. or Mrs. Ford? Of course not.
    I don't care if King sees it and never expected him to.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

You've said that I did not read the letter multiple times now....when as a matter of fact I have.

And actually, I was being constructive, your letter is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long, and is all over the place. Both of those comments are constructive.

Nice use of the word douchey though.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh c'mon folks!!!! "Merlin1958" calmly pursuing a resolution to a conflict on the message boards????? That HAS to warrant "Rep" points!!! Am I right????

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

You've said that I did not read the letter multiple times now....when as a matter of fact I have.

And actually, I was being constructive, your letter is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long, and is all over the place. Both of those comments are constructive.

Nice use of the word douchey though.
    Saying you fell asleep half way through it is constructive?

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

My problems with Grant ...
    Their big selling point for LSOE AE's were the chance for a remarque, Karen has basically said this was a lie.
    Their big selling point for TWTTK AE's was that they would be out before the trade edition, this was never going to happen, the books came were sent out with inflated postage charges (imo), some months after the trade edition was released.
    The quality of the TWTTK AE's and S/L's was poor with a good amount damaged before shipping, why couldn't they have checked them before postage?
    They had no real plan of what to do with the damaged copies, eg replacements were damaged too
    PC copies as Neo said should primarily be replacement copies for damaged books. To see so many sold with remarques is disappointing.
    I will not buy another Grant book direct from the publisher.

And Tippy to me, this again is my opinion, you are a bell-end for your lack of constructive answers, sounds to me that you want to throw a spanner in the works for any discussion on Grant and complain about there criticisms for something to do and amuse yourself.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

The douchebaggery in this thread is off the charts.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I am no longer an employee of Grant but I will say that the books that Grant sold were Jae Lee's personal copies. Both the author and artist get a number of publisher's copies as part of their contract (I am sure that you would rather them get PC copies rather than numbered). Jae remarqued them, Grant bought them from him and sold them for a profit.
    Noone is kissing my ass! Tippy is not my friend. We have done business in the past, but we are not friends.
    If you have something to say to me, say it. I am still here. Bitching about me in a thread is just not cool.
    And yes, I didn't get bonuses, I got books to sell. I am sorry that I worked there and you didn't. If you want to get books as a bonus, I hear they have an opening.

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh c'mon folks!!!! "Merlin1958" calmly pursuing a resolution to a conflict on the message boards????? That HAS to warrant "Rep" points!!! Am I right????

Great thread...livening up my lunch break no end...please tell Bill a 'sort of almost reasonable' person has hijacked his account

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I am no longer an employee of Grant but I will say that the books that Grant sold were Jae Lee's personal copies. Both the author and artist get a number of publisher's copies as part of their contract (I am sure that you would rather them get PC copies rather than numbered). Jae remarqued them, Grant bought them from him and sold them for a profit.
    Noone is kissing my ass! Tippy is not my friend. We have done business in the past, but we are not friends.
    If you have something to say to me, say it. I am still here. Bitching about me in a thread is just not cool.
    And yes, I didn't get bonuses, I got books to sell. I am sorry that I worked there and you didn't. If you want to get books as a bonus, I hear they have an opening.
    Thanks, Karen. I agree that the attacks on you were/are unwarranted.

John

Citizen of Gilead mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about mistercrowley has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Devilish

I think about 3 or 4 of us have asked her to clarify things regarding her comment about the odds being VERY against us finding a remarque in LSOE.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I would go work there, but my morals prohibit me from posting their sale pitch. My sale pitch would be, we have 30 remarks of LSOE, we are keeping them all, but we will be saying that we are selling them and your chance of getting a book that sells for over $1000 is (and I quote)

The odds are VERY against you finding one with a remark..... so buy ten from us today. or a powerball ticket for $95 You wont win either one, but with the powerball ticket at least you have a 1 in 30million chance.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post

Great thread...livening up my lunch break no end...please tell Bill a 'sort of almost reasonable' person has hijacked his account

LOL Actually, it is me!!! The kinder gentler, Grandpa me!!! LOL

Spoiler:
    Or at least trying to be!! LOL

Karen? You go girl!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast