Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Sleep-The Shining II

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

O.K. LETS GET OUR SHIT TOGETHER. The Authors note is only in the Waterstones edition & the Glow in the dark eyes cover is only on the H W Smith edition? RIGHT?

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    O.K. LETS GET OUR SHIT TOGETHER. The Authors note is only in the Waterstones edition & the Glow in the dark eyes cover is only on the H W Smith edition? RIGHT?
    I thought the extra author's note and the glow in the dark eyes is the Waterstones Edition.
    I am wanting the glow in the dark Eyes for sure.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME.
    Spoiler:
    HOW WE CAN GET BULLSHIT FROM A RABBIT.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I know this is not exactly the appropriate thread to talk about the story itself (and I'm not really one to discuss and analyze stories anyway) but I will say that I enjoyed it tremendously. And Uncle Stevie has again managed to make me a little teary-eyed at the end (which is a positive thing).

Country
    Country Flag

I really like the UK edition of Doctor Sleep at least the numbered one and the others don't look to bad either. I am glad I was able to get them can't wait to get the purple cover to see how it looks.

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

Go then, there are other worlds than these.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

So I'm reading and enjoying Doctor Sleep, on page 299, and I noticed that on page 273 towards the bottom, a character is mentioned by the name of Fredricka Bimmel which, is the same name of one of Buffalo Bill's victims in The Silence of the Lambs, a strange connection no?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    So I'm reading and enjoying Doctor Sleep, on page 299, and I noticed that on page 273 towards the bottom, a character is mentioned by the name of Fredricka Bimmel which, is the same name of one of Buffalo Bill's victims in The Silence of the Lambs, a strange connection no?
    Yeah, I caught that, but was wondering if anyone else did. Kudo's
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FYI, when I bought my copy at B&N, the guy at check-out said that they're have been some copies that've been missing about 30 pages around the last 1/3 of the book. Just a heads-up for anyone that hasn't checked their copies.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I just read that last night, and it immediately popped into my head. Very strange how that dormant information will just pop to the surface, yet I can't remember what I walked into the other room to grab.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by woodpryan View Post

I like that would like to have one of my own........but it doesn't hurt to much to want.

Country
    Country Flag

I still haven't found the book with the glow-in-the-dark eyes. Can someone please tell me which one it is?
    I have regular UK release, Waterstones, the WH Smith but none of them glow in the dark. I thought it was the Waterstones but it doen't glow.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    I still haven't found the book with the glow-in-the-dark eyes. Can someone please tell me which one it is?
    I have regular UK release, Waterstones, the WH Smith but none of them glow in the dark. I thought it was the Waterstones but it doen't glow.
    I don't think any of them do.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. I thought initially that the WH Smith one was the one, but it doesn't.

John

Country
    Country Flag

If none of the books have the Glow-In-The-Dark eyes well it was just a sick joke to play on everyone else.
    I thought we were here to help other collectors.
    The regular UK edition is the same as the Waterstones edition.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

If none of the books have the Glow-In-The-Dark eyes well it was just a sick joke to play on everyone else.
    The regular UK edition is the same as the Waterstones edition.

Except that the Waterstones edition has an additional Author's Note at the front.

John

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Who's this Stephen Doctor guy? His book King Sleep is a complete rip-off of Doctor Sleep! Alert the news media!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Who's this Stephen Doctor guy? His book King Sleep is a complete rip-off of Doctor Sleep! Alert the news media!
    LOL LOL I do like the tag line 'So did his demons"!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=jhanic;807353]
    The regular UK edition is the same as the Waterstones edition.[/QUOTE

John
    I am trying to get my hands on that copy. Waterstones sent me 2 copies but neither one had the black sticker on them even though I had asked for ones with the black sticker.

Except that the Waterstones edition has an additional Author's Note at the front.

John F. Kennedy DarkOne is on a distinguished road DarkOne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still waiting for my Doctor Sleep gift edition and was eager to jump in, so I read the ebook. Finished it this week and I think it was a really good story and fitting sequel.
    I couldn't resist painting up a version of Rose the Hat.
    https://www.facebook.com/dwingertart...type=1&theater

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne View Post
    Still waiting for my Doctor Sleep gift edition and was eager to jump in, so I read the ebook. Finished it this week and I think it was a really good story and fitting sequel.
    WOW! thats some serious talent!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post

Indeed so!!! That is awesome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The SandMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post

Indeed so!!! That is awesome!!!
    Have to agree with old lanky Sandy on this one (for once) - brilliant piece !!!!
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Has everyone who ordered the UK 700-copy of Doctor Sleep from PS Publishing received their copy? I'm still waiting and seem to be getting the runaround from PS.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Has everyone who ordered the UK 700-copy of Doctor Sleep from PS Publishing received their copy? I'm still waiting and seem to be getting the runaround from PS.

John
    Yes. I got mine several days ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast