Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: "4-7 New York Giants ain't making the F*cking playoffs this year"!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great call. I suppose that is why you are our commander and chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I have decided to change the name of the thread to: "The 0-5 New York Football Giants thread". I'll update the losses each week.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cute.

Bring it on, I can take it!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

While I realize that I am experiencing unprecedented shame and misfortune at this time, is it possible to have the thread name changed back if, and I realize that is a big "IF", they beat the Bears tonight?

You do have a heart, RF, don't you? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Go Giants, tonight????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

<-------------------Foresees changing the thread title to 0-6 New York Football Giants...

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Bring on the Giants! Go Bears!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

<-------------------Foresees changing the thread title to 0-6 New York Football Giants...
    You realize you really suck, right? LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

14-14 dare we hope????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

That was lucky for us.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

That knock knock joke for Eli just keeps getting funnier.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    You realize you really suck, right? LOL LOL
    Just to remind you of the good old days:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The "Good Ol' days" were just a couple years ago!! This is an unfortunate "blip". How many teams beat the "Pats"?????? Have faith, folks even if RF has gone to the "Dark Side"!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm also a Giants fan and this season is something I never thought I'd ever see. That being said, it shouldn't come as a shock. Before this year, the Giants have neglected their offensive line. Baas has been a bust and can barely stay on the field. Eli has been bad, but some of it is the O-line. Some of it is also the WR crew. Specifically Randle. I've counted 4 INT's this year where Randle was the intended receiver and didn't do what he was supposed to. They've also had bad luck on a few occasions.

Also, Myers has got to catch that ball last week. Yes, it was high, but he gets paid good money to catch balls like that. I play football every Saturday with my friends and I make catches like that on a routine basis. I understand it's a different situation, but it still has to be caught.

Now on to the linebacking core. This is another area that has been neglected. This league has changed, it's true. There are a ton of 4 and 5 WR sets and you don't need a lot of LB's anymore. However, this league has also changed in the sense that tons of teams are using the running backs and TE's in the passing game. You need LB's that can run all over the field with those guys. Giants don't have any.

The main problem with the Giants is the coaching staff, mainly Kevin Gilbride (who also happens to be a graduate of my alma mater Southern Connecticut State University). Sure, Giants won a couple SB's with Gilbride as offensive coordinator, but that was more despite him than anything else. They also had a good o-line and running game. Without that, Gilbride's system is shot. His offensive scheme is designed to have a good running game which sucks the safties up and then Eli can take big shots downfield. That's my problem with them. If Eli ran Peyton's, Rodgers' or Brady's offense, he'd be in their class. I'm talking about short dink and dunk plays, lots of slants and tons of passes to the running backs. This is a high percentage offensive style and the Giants hardly ever do this. This is why they are an inconsistent offensive team.

Don't even get me started on Fewell. Fewell only survived because he had amazing DE's in their prime that were able to get to the QB while only having to rush the front 4. Now his front 4 can't get in and they put no pressure on the QB. He never blitzes, probably because he's afraid the weak secondary will be exposed. I say fuck it, they get exposed anyway so you might as well rush an extra man or two, play man coverage and press at the line.

Anyway, my rant is over, I apologize to anybody who actually read all that. The only good news is the Giants are still a good team with talented players. By fixing a few things, they can be a great team next year. Having a high draft pick, one they really shouldn't have, could come in handy.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You make several compelling points, my friend!!!

You forgot to mention the "Mara's" luck running out on letting good players go and replacing them with new ones. They are almost as bad as the "Jets" lately in this respect. Sometimes you just gotta pay to play, if ya know what I mean. Eli needs his weapons. You just can't keep rotating guys in and expect the same results.

So, wager's on how they will screw the pooch this week? New York certainly is getting a full dose of the "sports dog days" lately!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They better win this week. The Vikings aren't that good and will more than likely be starting their third QB in 3 weeks. It's probably going to be Josh Freeman who was just cut by the Bucs. What will probably happen is that Freeman will have a great game and put himself back on the map turning the Vikings season around.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoken as a true "Giant" fan. Oh my Lord, why have you forsaken us????? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

At least we won a game. Can the PTB change the thread title?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll take it. Giants still looked like crap. Thankfully the Vikings are an awful team. The Giants o-line is really struggling. After the opening drive, Eli had no time.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'll take it. Giants still looked like crap. Thankfully the Vikings are an awful team. The Giants o-line is really struggling. After the opening drive, Eli had no time.
    Agreed. It was an ugly win, but a win none the less.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey!!! We're 2-6 now!!! Show the same enthusiasm!!!

2 game win streak!! Yee-Haaa!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The NFC East is so bad the G-Men actually still have a chance of making the playoffs. The schedule is kind of easy after the bye (except for the Packers) if they can take this momentum and build on it, they might have a good second half. It would be kind of funny because usually they have a great first half and then a bad second half. Maybe it will be the opposite this year.

Getting Andre Brown back will help along with Wilson. Both could be back after the bye.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The NFC East is so bad the G-Men actually still have a chance of making the playoffs. The schedule is kind of easy after the bye (except for the Packers) if they can take this momentum and build on it, they might have a good second half. It would be kind of funny because usually they have a great first half and then a bad second half. Maybe it will be the opposite this year.

Getting Andre Brown back will help along with Wilson. Both could be back after the bye.
    Yeah, strangely enough you are quite correct. It would be just like the G-Men to get it together after 6 losses and make the post-season.

Mods? Change the thread title!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The "Giants" are 2-6!!!!

Spoiler:
    And in the wild card hunt!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Gee the Giants havent loss in three weeks!

thank god for the Bye! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast