Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Dredd

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait for this movie. I read an interview with Urban on bleedingcool.com. It sounds pretty cool. I'm not expecting this will get an Oscar but I'm sure I'll watch it at least twice at the movies.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm really hoping you enjoy it as much as I did, WDIL. Planning to go watch it a 3rd time either tonight or tomorrow!

Just a week to go until its release overseas! Eager for all your opinions on this one, guys!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    I'm really hoping you enjoy it as much as I did, WDIL. Planning to go watch it a 3rd time either tonight or tomorrow!

Just a week to go until its release overseas! Eager for all your opinions on this one, guys!

This looks really good!!! Can't wait!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Love Simons' take on Dredd, comic fans know what I mean
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is it true that this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QspuCt1FM9M is from the soundtrack? LOL
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Kinda: I think what I actually heard is that the composer heard it and tried to match it as much as he could. Amazingly enough, when it is used, it's totally awesome to hear! Never thought I'd say that about anything "inspired" by Justin Bieber!

- Melike

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

For realz! Little did I know he's some kinda' space-aged ambient/techno genius. Dude, give me about ten hits of good X and this shit and I'm gone for days.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Totally! Suddenly, the whole Slow-Mo drug plot of the film makes total sense: if slow motion can make Justin drokking Bieber sound awesome, god knows just how fucking beautiful the rest of reality would be like!

- Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe this is what he intended all along. Maybe this is what all the teenage girls are really hearing when they play it?

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That's what I was thinking myself, Brice. It would explain a lot if this is how Bieber sounds to teenage girls - they hear songs differently to everyone else.

Or possibly they know how to get hold of some seriously awesome weed!

Anyway, who's seeing it tonight, or this weekend? Eager for new discussion on this one, of course!

- Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am unlikey to see it this month. LOL

And I seriously doubt the teenage girls are getting better weed than I can.

If you rescue me

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just viewed the movie in 3D. Other than 2 or 3 epic shots the 3D isn't needed for the movie. Several scenes have artifacts that I presume would not be present in the 2D version.
    The bleakness and distinct lack of sympathy really knocked me out. By my count only 3 "bad guys" received anything less than death. 3/500 is a low percentage. Numerous inventive and graphic approaches to a shooting (Death Sentence) only add to the pleasure. This is dystopia and instant judge/jury/executioner all in one.
    I give it 5/6 beers on the Randall Flagg Six Pack Rating System ™.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Glad you enjoyed it, RF. And yeah, that ultra-low percentage of bad guys who didn't die in an incredibly brutal way seems to match. Definitely one of the most hardcore action scifis I've seen in a while, in fact, not only did I love just how brutal it was, it also reminded me why I love R rated scifi films and as a result I've been watching a few classics of the genre the past few days. It's not exactly the very best the genre has to offer, but it is incredibly well done, at least. Again, glad you enjoyed it.

- Melike

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Is it true that this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QspuCt1FM9M is from the soundtrack? LOL
    Conversely for those who like their Bieber fix in smaller doses...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD8Na...eature=related

If you rescue me

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Conversely for those who like their Bieber fix in smaller doses...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD8Na...eature=related[/QUOTE]

That's about as much of the Beeb as I can take. haha

I'm going to try to catch this tomorrow afternoon. It looks great.
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I really haven't read this thread yet, but I'm planning to when I have more time. I saw the movie in 3D yesterday and - I LOVED IT!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, considering how shockingly low the box office has been for the film for so far, (a little over $6 million for its US opening weekend,) hearing another person loving the film puts a smile back on my face! In all likelihood, this film won't be getting a sequel, which is a damn shame, as I still feel that so much could be expanded on in a sequel, but on the big plus side, I'm still pretty glad that a decent Judge Dredd movie has finally been made, and while not many have seen it, those who have at least have mostly enjoyed it.

- Melike

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a feeling numbers would be low. We went to a noon showing on Saturday and there were 8 people total in the theater-ouch.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I was sad to sit in a 1/4 full theatre. I liked the movie. No Oscar winner it is, but it was everything you'd want from Judge Dredd. I hope it makes enough money so the sequel happens. I'd love to see Dredd and Anderson take on Judge Death.

Country
    Country Flag

It scored pretty high on Rotten Tomatoes too:
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dredd_3d/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to the matinee today, will post impressions later.

Also, it's such a shame that this film did so poorly over the weekend. It pretty much killed whatever remote possibility there was for a sequel.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Agreed, feev. This film really could've benefited from a sequel more than any other film I've seen this year, and that definitely looks like it's not gonna happen now. Worse than that: it's another film that, despite being a "remake" in the very broadest sense, took a big risk by being an action movie that for once didn't aim for the PG-13 crowd. What happens when a film takes a risk like that? It bombs. That's the rather unfortunate message that's being sent to film studios atm. Hopefully, Looper could prove to be a success and therefore break the trend of constant PG-13 scifi action movies. Not that they're all shit, just that Dredd was a solid reminder of why I loved R rated movies like the first 2 Terminator films, the Matrix and RoboCop. I'd hate to see decent films like that gone for good.

Still, at least the people who have seen it have been enjoying it. And I'm sure it'll become a cult classic in years to come, anyway, making its money back from blu ray/dvd sales, at least. Like WDIL said, it's everything you could want from a great Judge Dredd movie.

- Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It saddens me to see Dredd doing so poorly at the box office. I think there are a few reasons for this. One is the September release. Two is the lack of a big name in the cast. Third is the R rating which was discussed earlier. Dredd is actually getting good reviews, but it's going to make a fraction of the cash that other horribly bad PG13 movies make on a weekly basis.

It's a shame that this country is so hung up on these ridiculous rating systems. There's probably just as much violence in Dredd as there is in The Avengers, but because there is no blood spilled in The Avengers and they don't say any naughty words, it's PG13. Violence is violence. I know the term the studios use for films like Avengers is "cartoon violence" but that's a bunch of BS.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It is a damn shame, but I think I've learned to accept that Dredd won't be getting a sequel. It's difficult - as I've said, this is one of those films that could really benefit from a sequel that not only expands but also subverts what's already been setup - but it'll have a healthy life on dvd and blu ray as a true cult classic. Considering at least 2 of my all-time favourite movies were exactly the same - underappreciated at the box office but massively appreciated when it comes to video, dvd and so on, I'd have no problem whatsoever with Dredd joining them, if that were to happen.

Not to mention I've got plenty more of the awesome comic to read, anyway!

- Melike

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I just got a 3D DVD player and TV, so I can't wait for DREDD in Blu-ray 3D!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast