Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 121 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3019

Thread: Book Collection: Bad Penny

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel kinda "special". I have entered into a deal to buy one of, Grants' books (I Think) from, David!! Grant, now you and I will be "Collection Buddies"!! LOL LOL LOL

I'll take very good care of it, my friend!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I know how you feel Bill. As part of the "pay it forward" scheme that was floating around a while ago, Grant sent me a first edition The Stand for my collection. In addition to it being awesome just on the face of what it is, it has added special meaning to me since it was a gift from someone I now consider a friend.

Same for my first edition Gunslinger I have that I purchased from Grant at a super discounted rate.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I know how you feel Bill. As part of the "pay it forward" scheme that was floating around a while ago, Grant sent me a first edition The Stand for my collection. In addition to it being awesome just on the face of what it is, it has added special meaning to me since it was a gift from someone I now consider a friend.

Same for my first edition Gunslinger I have that I purchased from Grant at a super discounted rate.
    Yeah, he's a super kinda guy, as are you. These interactions between members become very special indeed. Thanks for pointing that out.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys ... You bet I'll be back at some point, it only a matter of when, not if

I'm currently working through some stuff, some it relating to the change of direction my SK collection is taking, some of it personal, and, although I'm not spending too much time on the forum right now, believe me when I say that you guys are never far away from my thoughts.

Although I'm currently (as most of you are aware) downsizing the collection is some areas, there is a bunch of "new direction" stuff waiting to be photographed and posted (as soon as I sort out the chaos that's been created by pruning the existing collection down some - the collection room is a hot mess at the moment)

For those of you that are maybe interested (and it's not really a shameless plug for sales) there will be another listing submitted to David @ Betts in June. Additionally, the majority of the ephemeric collection pieces are available for acquisition (sounds so much more polite than "up for sale" don't you think?) as are a whole bunch of Ed Lee, Jack Ketchum and Dan Koontz S/L's and Lettered Editions that I've never posted here (cos I never really ran out of SK stuff to post ) as well as items such as an S/L set of Night Visions, The Horror Show and a bunch of other non-SK signed anthologies and books. Feel free to PM me any old time.

Meanwhile - stay tuned
    We all float down here!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just don't be too much a stranger, Grant!

John

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Just don't be too much a stranger, Grant!

John
    Very much this. Well said, John.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ditto
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ditto, indeed.

I may have to get off some books soon, too. Hang in there, bro.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

So what are you keeping, if you don't mind me asking.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am Groot!!! (translation: I miss, Bad Penny!!!)
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I just want to post this here - all of my thoughts and prayers are with Grant. I now own his S/L of the stand and couldn't feel closer to him even though we are quite far apart.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I know what you mean. I've purchased two books from him directly (remarqued Cujo and Gunslinger 1st) but he was so kind and actually GAVE me a first Stand. It's this book I cherish the most from him. Hope he is doing well where ever he is.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also PROUD to have one of Grants books in my collection (1st Edition U.K. Dance Macabre).
    WE MISS YOU MATE!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also got a few things from Grant. I join with everyone in wishing him the best.

John

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone had a chat with him recently to see how he is doing??
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Grant for providing me the opportunity to add some fine items to my collection. Your passion and love for SK and original art has definitely inspired me. As well as your all around positive attitude and friendliness to board members new and old alike. In a fishbowl full of ardent collectors, constant readers, and outlandish personalities, you have certainly been a role model for me. Even though I've only known you a short while, I feel privledged to call you a friend.

Bless you, Mate!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

I would give you rep for that if i could but I have to spread it around first... Well said.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Has anyone had a chat with him recently to see how he is doing??
    I corresponded with him briefly at the beginning of December and he seemed OK to me but as I say, it was brief. I didn't snag any of his King books but I did get a nice selection from his Edward Lee collection, I hope he is doing well

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Best wishes to you, Grant where ever you are!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. We miss you Grant!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, if he could see the out pouring of love and support I received he'd be here for sure!!!! I am sure he would get double the out pouring!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know what happened? Did he fall ill or is he just out of the collecting game? I know he sold most, if not all, of his collection, but I thought he said something about having a new focus point for his collection.

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It would be good to hear from Grant. I haven't heard from him in over a year.

Gunslinger Apprentice ruderabbit will become famous soon enough ruderabbit's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought some of his books through Betts and some non-King directly around Christmas, and then emailed him directly late spring a few times, never got a response.

I hope he is OK.

Nice guy for sure.

~Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 121 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 LastLast