Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1482

Thread: In Mint Condition: 2013

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Off with his head!

(insert frantic mob with torches and pitchforks here)
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Off with his head!

(insert frantic mob with torches and pitchforks here)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon, this is no where near the ball breaking you took over TMSG!!!! Going soft in your old age?????? LOL

Spoiler:
    Just in case, J/K lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    1. The Trade Paperback Edition of In Mint Condition: 2013 is being printed as we speak.

2. The Signed Limited Hardcover Edition of In Mint Condition: 2013 is 75% of the way through the design phase.

3. I will be shipping both of them at the same time.

3. Very excited to get In Mint Condition: 2014, but I will not begin that project until this one is at least printed in full.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    So is it safe to say we can remove the (working title) from the thread name yet? LOL
    I think it's funny that we're almost at publication, but IMC is still the working title...at least according to this thread If the title is changed now we'll have to mail pens out so the owners can scratch out the title and write the new one in.
    I changed the thread title slightly to remove "(working title)" replace it with the year as the publisher is now doing.

Shannon, does that work for you?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was mostly just teasing. The thread title amused me.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Perfect, thank you.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    1. The Trade Paperback Edition of In Mint Condition: 2013 is being printed as we speak.

2. The Signed Limited Hardcover Edition of In Mint Condition: 2013 is 75% of the way through the design phase.

3. I will be shipping both of them at the same time.

3. Very excited to get In Mint Condition: 2014, but I will not begin that project until this one is at least printed in full.
    So is it safe to say we can remove the (working title) from the thread name yet? LOL
    I think it's funny that we're almost at publication, but IMC is still the working title...at least according to this thread If the title is changed now we'll have to mail pens out so the owners can scratch out the title and write the new one in.
    I changed the thread title slightly to remove "(working title)" replace it with the year as the publisher is now doing.

Shannon, does that work for you?
    You should have put "2013 (?)" in there!!!!

J/K, Shannon!!!! Just occurred to me, since your item is in the mail to me, you no longer have a TMSG!!!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Bad Merlin! Bad boy! No snack for you.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Bad Merlin! Bad boy! No snack for you.

Jerome, made me do it!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a lovely little story called "Murder in the Schoolyard" queued up for IMC:2014. It's a (slightly fictionalized) autobiographical tale about a day in the life of a twelve-year-old me.

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

I've got a few things lined up as well, actually. I can't wait for the 2014 IMC call for submissions.
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I may have said it previously, but I am considering retiring after one story.
    I am 1/1, and the odds only go down after that.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Being the editor (and publisher) of In Mint Condition: 2013 has been a great experience thus far. I can't wait until we start the next one. First, I must print both editions of IMC2013. Next time, I will be advertising elsewhere as well for short stories and poems. The only catch, is that the authors have to become members of TDT.org before they send me their stories. The In Mint Condition series will always be written exclusively by members of this community. One day we'll branch out and have themed anthologies that will be open to everyone, but that's later.

An idea running through my head for the past two days ... trying to crunch the numbers ... Nothing guaranteed yet, but playing with the idea of a True Signed Limited Edition for an IMC2013, IMC2014, and IMC2015 omnibus. Lettered, only 26 copies (call me old fashioned, lol), signed by all contributors. Quick thought flashes ... how much to ship the signing sheets to around 75 to 100 people ... how much to pay for the signatures themselves (which my idea is ... pay for the use of the story/art AND their signature when the time comes --meaning of course the original contributors of IMC2013 would get paid the same amount as the rest) ... how much the books will cost ... how much to sell the books for ... how much total production cost (does my current printer even offer leather binding and gilded edges?), how much total profit. It's a lot to think about, and I'm pretty sure IMC2013 contributors will be getting an inquiry email this weekend sometime. So ... until then, adios.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Any news, Shannon?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Some news, lol:

Ambannon Books now has two employees: Shannon John and Amber Amato. We are currently looking for an Assistant Editor and In-House Artist for In Mint Condition: 2014.

Haven't heard anything back from the printer about the Trade Paperbacks, and the Signed, Limited Hardcover Edition is still being designed.

Shannon

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to know!!! Many thanks for the update!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I may have said it previously, but I am considering retiring after one story.
    I am 1/1, and the odds only go down after that.
    Our very own Crow Man, a modern day Harper Lee!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

In-House Artist for In Mint Condition: 2014
    I vote for Rose!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not pressuring, but it sure would be nice if these shipped in between the "Joyland" S/L and "Dr. Sleep". Something to keep us all occupied in between releases. I am looking forward to these with great anticipation.

Best of Luck, Shannon!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default An email sent to all In Mint Condition: 2013 customers and contributors:

Hello All,

Happy Fourth of July!

Shannon here with a quick update. I know a lot of you have been wondering "What the hell is going on with In Mint Condition: 2013?" and "Why did you quote an April 2013 release date and the book still hasn't been released?" Well, I'm here to put all your worries to rest. I did not take your hard-earned money and run, I promise. As most of you know, this is Ambannon Books' first project of any kind. I thought that it would be relatively easy to publish the book. I had great authors, great artists, great editors, a great designer, and a great printer working with me to make this book as great as possible. Everything was going well up until it came time for the designer to put the book together. As far as the look and feel of the book, the formatting and such, I could do that on my own, and I did. But then ... once I tried inserting the images and margins and page numbers (again, first timer), everything went to Hell. Although I like to think of myself as resourceful, no amount of Google searches could assist me in completing the design phase. It ... just ... wasn't ... working. So I hired a designer.

The first designer was also my first choice of printer. This company/person did them both. They/He came to me highly recommended by internet reviews. Little did I know that a) he would take forever to respond to my emails and phone calls and b) he would turn in horrible work (Even after very specific instructions and a visual guide of how things should look, my two page copyright page ended up being three pages and uncentered, for example). So, obviously, I parted ways.

My second designer came to me recommended from a very popular small press book publisher. And so far, this designer has been wonderful. Patient and understanding and meticulous. And, something I love, he has IDEAS. When one of my ideas doesn't look right, he lets me know it and offers suggestions. I will be working with this designer for a while. So, now that I had a new designer, I needed a new printer.

My second printer wasn't too shabby, except for when they sent me my proof copy of the Trade Paperback Edition. A proof copy is pretty much just an example copy, for anyone that doesn't know. The printer sent me a proof copy with interior paper that were almost see-through, like tracing paper or tissue paper. Very strange, as I requested just regular, run-of-the-mill paper. I let him know my displeasure, and he apologized and told me that was the only type of paper they used. Unbelievable.

So, now I am on my third printer. I have received the proof copy of the Trade Paperback Edition and it looks perfect. The Paperback Editions have now been printed and are on their way to me now. The Signed Limited Hardcover Edition is currently being designed. The bulk of it is ready, but even today, I had an idea that would make it JUST that much better. So, in conclusion, I expect the Hardcover Edition to be finished with the design phase in about two weeks, then I'll send the file off to the printer, he'll print off and send out a proof copy and, if everything looks perfect (pleaseohpleaseohpleasebeperfect!) then I will start printing the Hardcover Editions. I expect everything to be completed by October first. I will be releasing both editions when they are both completed.

I understand if any of you are frustrated with the delay, trust me, no one is more frustrated than me. In the end, In Mint Condition: 2013 will be one hell of a book, and I can't wait for all of you to read it. Now, with that being said, if any of you are MORE than frustrated about the delay and would like to cancel your order at this time, please let me know and we will accommodate your request. We'd hate to see you go, but at the end of the day, the delay is our own fault and we completely understand.

Until next time,

Shannon John

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default In Mint Condition: 2014 Important Announcement Announcement

I wanted to wait until the first book was released for this, but, I'd like to get the balls rolling and the writers writing, so ...

Saturday, July 6th, 2013:
    In Mint Condition: 2014
    Call For Submissions Will Be Released

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well put with the letter Shannon!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon, thank you for the update. I think the explanation provided makes total sense, and I for one would have been amazed if you didn't encounter some delays for your first publication. Your passion for getting this right comes through with your posts, and so I'm happy to wait for the end product I know I'm gong to love.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I am still waiting for books from CD. and didn't legacies from CD take 10 years before it was ever released? NO need to worry. I guarantee, nobody thought you took their money and ran! Updates helps reduce the frustration of waiting!!!

Thanks for the update!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the update, Shannon!! Looking good, my friend!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast