+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Joyland-Collecting Discussion

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    For $75, I'm more than happy with just a tipped in sig page.
    I think it's a great deal.
    It is a great deal and I like the tipped in page much more than the signed book plate! I also like the fact that it has the Hardcase Crime logo on the jacket.

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone who ordered multiple versions from Forbidden Planet heard from them if this was ok, or if our orders are going to be cancelled?

Gunslinger Apprentice chrise will become famous soon enough chrise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrise View Post
    Whew. Got a confirmation on the numbered/signed edition. Thanks all for the help!
    How long did you have to wait?
    It's been about two hours and I've not recieved one yet...
    I think it took about 40-60 mins. Probably taking longer due to more orders. My fingers will be crossed for you.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Got a confirmation on the numbered/signed edition.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine took about 50 minutes, but that was between 11:00 & 12:00.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Mine took about half an hour.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Do you we know the difference between the US and UK site? By that I mean, do we know if they were each programmed to sell a certain amount of copies? Is there a difference by ordering from either site? Could we have saved on shipping? I was in such a hurry to order i copy i just went to the UK site.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny, four of my confirmations came in <10 minutes, the other three took ~1 hour. I guess they were busier.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Big thank you to you both, especially Chad for pointing me to the proper link when I thought I had missed out. Thank you also to the two other members who did the same.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So much for one per customer, eh RF? Way to stick it to the man!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The UK site had a smaller allotment. I'm assuming books ordered there will be shipped from UK so I cancelled and reordered from US site, where shipping is as low as $4.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I jusr got billed $88 from National Subscription. I wonder if my order from Forbidden Planet will go through as well.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My CC just got hit as well.....

They indicated that the charge would be from National Subscription.....on my order anyway.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Of course I just heard about this now, so I ordered the trade and limited, forgot to put in my last name and postage information. I just got a phone call from Titan about this, gave them the info, and asked about the lettered (naturally). She said it sold out in three minutes. Very friendly conversation.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I guess my jokes are not obvious. I suppose I need an emoticon...

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Other than the initial confirmation, has anyone received anything else from Forbidden Planet, i.e. the followup email that was supposed to have the shipping charges that we needed to approve before order was complete and book would ship?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Other than the initial confirmation, has anyone received anything else from Forbidden Planet, i.e. the followup email that was supposed to have the shipping charges that we needed to approve before order was complete and book would ship?
    They won't charge their orders until they are ready to ship. So they have a month to get those emails taken care of.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    $75 for a SIGNED limited edition? How can anyone pass that up?
    Damn all these limiteds!

I did a conversion and I came up with $86 for the limited. Was the price £55.99?
    Does anyone know if this price includes the tax, that is usually taken off for orders coming from the U.K. to the U.S.? That could account for the discrepancy.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Afaik there is no VAT on books in the UK.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by barlow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    $75 for a SIGNED limited edition? How can anyone pass that up?
    Damn all these limiteds!

I did a conversion and I came up with $86 for the limited. Was the price £55.99?
    Does anyone know if this price includes the tax, that is usually taken off for orders coming from the U.K. to the U.S.? That could account for the discrepancy.
    Not to be an asshole (I am), but why quibble over what is likely a few hundred basis points?
    The shipping cost choices are far more influential (impactful, but like remarque the words have yet to penetrate) than the tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Thanks again for ordering all 26 lettered editions for me!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    You and I both know that the US allocation was less than 26.
    You need to PP me (as a gift) $2,040 (I chose media mail, shit $4 a book, can't beat that).

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    You and I both know that the US allocation was less than 26.
    You need to PP me (as a gift) $2,040 (I chose media mail, shit $4 a book, can't beat that).
    Oops, PM posted in public, oh well it's the internet...can't take it back...

Traveler RBJ is on a distinguished road

Default Joyland

signed limited editions of this are still available...
    follow this link
    https://www.nsfsmagazine.com/secure/...land/Book.html

I just used it about 10 minutes ago - got a confirmation email a couple of minutes later and my credit card has just been billed for it.

All good

Country
    Country Flag

I thought I'd post this here for reference and if anyone wants to set up the catalogue entry for this book.

BINDING: Notchbound, separate Multicolour Persimmon endpapers, Matador Red head and tailbands, cased in 80# Multicolor Noir - Buckram finish over 0.85 pasted oak boards.
    DUST JACKET: 100lb C1S, Satin lamination. Specially commissioned Robert McGinnis artwork on front, specially commissioned map on back.
    ILLUSTRATIONS: 9 specially commissioned Robert McGinnis black & white illustrations
    LIMITED TO: 26 Lettered (Traycased), 724 Numbered, 1,500 Limited NON-Signed (Gift edition[?])
    Dimensions: 5 1/2” x 8 1/2“
    Pages: 286

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast