Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1499

Thread: Joyland-Collecting Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    I have mine on my Swedish shelf (IKEA)
    If only there was a slow version of this...

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    If only there was a slow version of this...

Brian

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Fair play to you, Alan.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Why does it matter where they contract out the actual printing of the pages? If it is a UK publishing company, doesn't that make it a UK edition?
    Yeah, it does IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Apparently I have opened a can of worms here.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I don't think so, debate is good, right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It's only a problem for those of you who have too many s/l's that you need to separate them by geography lol
    All my s/l's (all four of them) fit nicely on one shelf

Why do they have to be US or UK? Why can't they just be s/l's? Why can't we just get along???

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    It's only a problem for those of you who have too many s/l's that you need to separate them by geography lol

Why do they have to be US or UK? Why can't they just be s/l's? Why can't we just get along???
    Well, I suppose as "collector's" in the first place we all have a bit of "OCD". Plus, it is good to know exactly what you are collecting. However, you do make a valid point to a degree.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Needfulthings your a kinda scary person arent you?
    reality continues to ruin my life

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I don't think so, debate is good, right?
    YES DE BAIT IS GOOD!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    DO YOU WANT TO SEE SOMETHING REALLY SCARY?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post

Well, I suppose as "collector's" in the first place we all have a bit of "OCD". Plus, it is good to know exactly what you are collecting. However, you do make a valid point to a degree.
    Oh I know Bill. I'm OCD too. Just messing around.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't sort my books by geography either, so the book won't move because of either answer. Interesting discussion though.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My OCD with the books isn't geographical sorting, it's authors &. heights!!!

Same authors first then same heights must be together, can't have jagged top row of books (wierd I know!)
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Why does it matter where they contract out the actual printing of the pages? If it is a UK publishing company, doesn't that make it a UK edition?
    Yeah, it does IMHO
    Agreed. This is a UK edition. If it's not, then Centipede Press books are Chinese editions because that's where he gets them printed (at least some of them.)

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    DO YOU WANT TO SEE SOMETHING REALLY SCARY?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    reality continues to ruin my life

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

$2600 for Simon's Lettered!

That is insane!

Congrats Simon!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, seriously! Someone, or many someone's, really wanted that book. Congrats Simon, I know you've been saving for a honeymoon. What a nice profit.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Yeah, it does IMHO
    Agreed. This is a UK edition. If it's not, then Centipede Press books are Chinese editions because that's where he gets them printed (at least some of them.)
    I also agree. I already cataloged it as a UK edition.
    Geoff

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Simon! My guess at a selling price was $1500 to $1700. I missed by a mile.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL It's good to know that others admit their OCD as I do!! LOL Aside from TDT books (which are on their own top shelves) I keep my books alphabetically, with U.S. edition first and U.K. second then any GE, etc. Typically, my S/L editions occupy their own random space according to size limitations. That rule generally applies to "Dolso" case editions which generally do not fit well on the shelves. I also like to "better display" those as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like mine in chronological order. Reprints are in alphabetical order. Paperbacks are by name of author first then alphabetical.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I like mine in chronological order. Reprints are in alphabetical order. Paperbacks are by name of author first then alphabetical.
    What ever works is my motto!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    My OCD with the books isn't geographical sorting, it's authors &. heights!!!

Same authors first then same heights must be together, can't have jagged top row of books (wierd I know!)
    Yes, this! To me it is also heavily influenced by a need for space efficiency.

I really need one more bookcase. But that's probably what all the addicts say.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy sh*t! I just woke up and checked the lettered joyland sale! Letter Q! $2600 - 14 bids!!

Congrats sgc1999 you must be over the moon!

My lettered M is officially for sale, $2000 with free delivery. Ppgift.
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast