Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Salem's Lot case & Original art by Ned Dameron & Glenn Chadbourne

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    One question, will the case house a UK 1st too? Great job putting this together!
    Since I don't have a UK 1st, I'll have to check the dimensions & get back to you.............
    I have it on good authority that the case will fit the UK edition also. The outside dimensions are virtualy identical, but the book itself is slightly thicker than the US. Slightly thicker will not be an issue with the book and case for the UK edition.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Great job to all involved! The sample artwork and case look fantastic, and I, being a little OCD, really like that the people involved have continued the two possible CASE COLLECTING choices:

Choice 1 (same artist):
    Glenn Chadbourne Night Shift
    Glenn Chadbourne The Shining
    Glenn Chadbourne 'Salem's Lot

Choice 2 (different artists):
    Glenn Chadbourne Night Shift
    Erin Wells The Shining
    Ned Dameron 'Salem's Lot

LOVE IT! Unfortunetly, I a) can't afford this right now and b) wouldn't buy it because I stupidly didn't purchase the first two cases. Maybe one day someone will sell all three (or more, at that time) of them to me!

Shannon

P.S. Again, these cases, and just the IDEA of the cases to begin with, are a great idea, and the final product looks amazing. Keep it up!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I have went with choice 3 so far...
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    One question, will the case house a UK 1st too? Great job putting this together!
    Since I don't have a UK 1st, I'll have to check the dimensions & get back to you.............
    I have it on good authority that the case will fit the UK edition also. The outside dimensions are virtualy identical, but the book itself is slightly thicker than the US. Slightly thicker will not be an issue with the book and case for the UK edition.
    Thanks Tom!! If I converted correctly from metric to inches, the UK is 5 11/16 x 8 7/16" x 1 3/4". That should put it within about 16th of an inch of the US all the way around -- Perfectly good to fit in this case! So, I agree with Merlin - It will fit..........
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If less than 52 pieces are commissioned, then each person who purchased one will be VERY happy and in retrospect others will be kicking themselves. You simply can't "ring up" Chadbourne, let alone Dameron and say "give me an original 8"x6" oil/acrylic/full color piece of art-send it off on less than 6 months, AND I want a hand made wooden case for my book. Oh, and by the way do it for less than $350 shipped."

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. Kicking self now.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Agreed. Kicking self now.

I'm kicking you as well!!! This is almost like the Mckean remarques, but more cost effective!!! However to each his own!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great news on the UK 1st fitting :-)

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Crap, I really would like to have one of these.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The window to order closes in less than 3 weeks. If you are on the fence about this, I strongly encourage you to order one-you won't regret it!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a low resolution image to share. Hopefully I'll have more art up by the end of the week.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, Jerome!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Always some great artwork with these projects.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully we'll have some new art to display within the next few days. I thought you might be interested in seeing some of the steps that Ned takes on the way to a finished product. I am def. not an 'art' guy - actually haven't had any exposure to artists or their process until starting these art cases. Many of you may be familiar with this whole process but to me it was quite amazing the number of steps to get to the end result.

I don't know if it's the correct terminology but to my way of thinking, this is a 'composition layout'

Then comes a 'Preliminary'.....

And a 'Flimsy'...........

This is all for a Black & White "Line Drawing" that's used for engraving the lid of the cases.

Again, I'm not sure of the correct terminology (I'm actually certain that I got some of it wrong). Lord knows what would be necessary for the color pieces. Just thought you might be interested.
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is so cool. Even I haven't seen these "roughs" yet.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting! Thanks for posting those!

John

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing those Dolso. That is very interesting process and seeing these transitional pieces makes you realize how much work goes into this.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing, Dolso.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

LOVE Ned's work...just love it

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Another piece. I expect several more in the next couple of days.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing!!! I need to read this book again!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tha't gotta' be "H"!!!!!!

Awesome stuff.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully we'll have some new art to display within the next few days. I thought you might be interested in seeing some of the steps that Ned takes on the way to a finished product. I am def. not an 'art' guy - actually haven't had any exposure to artists or their process until starting these art cases. Many of you may be familiar with this whole process but to me it was quite amazing the number of steps to get to the end result.

I don't know if it's the correct terminology but to my way of thinking, this is a 'composition layout'

Then comes a 'Preliminary'.....

And a 'Flimsy'...........

This is all for a Black & White "Line Drawing" that's used for engraving the lid of the cases.

Again, I'm not sure of the correct terminology (I'm actually certain that I got some of it wrong). Lord knows what would be necessary for the color pieces. Just thought you might be interested.
    Wow!!! Love the progression of the piece and the final cover art is exquisite!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing!!! I need to read this book again!
    I was about to type the exact same thing!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast