Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 80 of 96 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2378

Thread: Book Collection: needfulthings

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Simon is hooking me up as well along with some added goodies Will post once everything arrives.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I can not THANK Simon enough for the trouble he goes through just so a few of us U.K. collectors can get our hands on these WHSmith editions. Since they do not ship to the U.S. I am sure there are not many of these sets here in the U.S.A. & with the low print run & someone like Simon who hand picks copies with us collectors in mind they must be the more valuable (unsigned) sets around.
    THANK YOU! SIMON
    Spoiler:
    & of course all 1st EDITIONS.

I'M BRUCE & I APROVE OF THIS "THANK YOU"
    BRUCE

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    I can not THANK Simon enough for the trouble he goes through just so a few of us U.K. collectors can get our hands on these WHSmith editions. Since they do not ship to the U.S. I am sure there are not many of these sets here in the U.S.A. & with the low print run & someone like Simon who hand picks copies with us collectors in mind they must be the more valuable (unsigned) sets around.
    THANK YOU! SIMON
    Completely concur, Bruce! Definitely hats off to Alan, Jon, and Simon. There are probably many more here but these guys I've dealt with personally. We could not make this happen without them. Also to Jeff who makes all those UK slipcases and more for us at very reasonable rates.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the WH Smith copies Bruce. Look great man

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    THANK YOU! SIMON
    Spoiler:
    & of course all 1st EDITIONS.

I'M BRUCE & I APROVE OF THIS "THANK YOU"
    BRUCE
    My Pleasure Bruce - always happy to help.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Thanks to Simon's post on the JOYLAND U.K. printings I did some searching on Bookfinder.com using the ISBN & found a book listed.
    Ordered same & the book arrived today.

Now the strange part here is the sellers address.

This is my invoice.

This is the Customs Declaration. (The book was mailed from Sweden)

Anyway Brand new 1st U.K. Edition & total was less then cover price.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Nice grab, Bruce!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen that paperback before...and inscribed? That's awesome - what's the story behind this Bruce?

It's a LARGE PRINT U.K. hardcover (no dust jacket) published in 1984. The only time it was published as a stand alone book that I am aware of...and I don't think it has ever been reprinted. This could be the only signed copy.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, thanks

TWO PAGE ESSAY ON KINGDOM HOSPITAL CALLED "KINGDOM COME"

Essay printed in the 8 page fold-out Disc menu inclosed in the DVD.

so if you buy a used copy be sure the Disc menu is still there.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked this series. I didn't know this was in there. Thanks!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I really liked this series. I didn't know this was in there. Thanks!
    The original is better....
    Spoiler:

STEPHEN KING'S ROSE RED 2 DISC DELUXE EDITION (DVD),STEPHEN KING'S ROSE RED SCREENPLAYS & THE DIARY OF ELLEN RIMBAUER (SIGNED 1st EDITION)

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What is the story on the screenplays?

As you may know I have a quite large screenplay & script collection along with my King 1st Edition collection. King has written many movie & T.V. screenplays & I feel these are just as important as anything else he has written. I feel most collectors neglect this part of king collecting because of the difficulty to get their hands on original copies of these scripts. With my contacts within the film industry I have been able to put these & other King screenplays in my King collection (and some non-King Christine, Firestarter (filmed & un-filmed ect) I found all 4 parts of The Stand at a garage sale.
    Of course adding props like this to the collection don't hurt either.

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds, Bruce.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any pictures of the STAND screenplays?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

RUSSELL WAS MY SON.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice ones, and also different. It's nice to see other collectibles than "just" 1st editions, or proofs, or limited / lettered.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

KING FANZINE KING'S CRYPT VOL 1 ISSUE 1 JULY 1985 - VOL 1 ISSUE 11 JUNE 1986

Country
    Country Flag

I've never heard about this one before.
    Is it american?

Yes They were published in Alexandria, Virginia.

Page 80 of 96 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast