Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 75 of 96 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2378

Thread: Book Collection: needfulthings

Traveler thxleo will become famous soon enough thxleo will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    O.K.
    Great. I tried to view your profile to see about sending a message but it says I can't. How about if I just post my email here and then we can exchange emails?
    You just need 5 posts then you can PM
    Good to know. Thanks so much!

Traveler thxleo will become famous soon enough thxleo will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    PINFALL is NOT by King.
    Who wrote the story for Pinfall?

O.K.
    When you have time if you could send me a PM so we could talk about the script I'd greatly appreciate it. I was told that I could message members after 5 posts, but it's still not allowing me to. Again whenever you have the time. Thank you!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

PINFALL is NOT by King.
    I don't know what to tell you...I just quoted the label on the script & that the story was included. I see PINFALL has been filmed as a short in the U .K. & in the promos they are mentioning Kings name It will be interesting if King gets screen credit (Based on a story by...) Who knows what transpired between King & Romero on the birth of Creepshow & Creepshow 2.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

PINFALL is NOT by King.
    I thought Pinfall WAS by King and was supposed to be part of Creepshow 2 but for some reason was not filmed or left out when the movie was released. But there isn't any question that King wrote Pinfall. Is there?

As far as I know of nothing actually written by King has turned up to prove it one way or another.
    Just found this in Paul R Gagne's book The Zombies That Ate Pittsburg.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

PINFALL is NOT by King.
    I don't know what to tell you...I just quoted the label on the script & that the story was included. I see PINFALL has been filmed as a short in the U .K. & in the promos they are mentioning Kings name It will be interesting if King gets screen credit (Based on a story by...) Who knows what transpired between King & Romero on the birth of Creepshow & Creepshow 2.
    From Justin's bibliography :
    Motion picture. May 1, 1987. King sent several story outlines to George Romero to script for this anthology film. These outlines included “The Raft,” “The Cat from Hell,” “The Hitch-hiker,” “Old Chief Wood’nhead,” “Pinfall,” and the wraparound story. “The Hitch-hiker” was originally intended for use in the film Creepshow, but was never scripted. “Old Chief Wood’nhead” was originally a short story King started writing entitled “Chief Woodenhead” and was originally intended for use in Creepshow also. Romero scripted all the stories, but “The Cat from Hell” and “Pinfall” were eventually cut from the script and never filmed.

I remember reading a couple of years back (?) when the updated version was published, that Rocky / Justin clarified this and confirmed that the Pinfall screenplay was actually written by George Romero.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

What is the name Stephen King wishes he & Peter Straub had published The Talisman under?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Peter Stephens? LOL IDK what was it?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

It's not going to be that easy.....

Publishers Weekly June 25 1982

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The article above doesnt have the answer to your question, right?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

RIGHT....But the answer CAN be found in a Publishers Weekly.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I love the line "This is a one-time-only edition, and the stipulation is that there will be no reprinting and no paperback."

Being in it from the beginning I certainly remember how disappointed I was when King and Grant reneged on their promise. First they did a second edition of 10,000 copies and then the floodgates opened.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I love the line "This is a one-time-only edition, and the stipulation is that there will be no reprinting and no paperback."

Being in it from the beginning I certainly remember how disappointed I was when King and Grant reneged on their promise. First they did a second edition of 10,000 copies and then the floodgates opened.
    I know what you mean....I felt the same way....But then what can I say?...
    Spoiler:

Io Magazine #10 1971 Brooklyn August (poem)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet, Bruce!!!! I especially covet the "skeleton props" you display here. In about 5 days time I hope to know one way or another if I will have my very own copy of this S/L!!! What is your "Number", if you don't mind me asking?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Sweet, Bruce!!!! I especially covet the "skeleton props" you display here. In about 5 days time I hope to know one way or another if I will have my very own copy of this S/L!!! What is your "Number", if you don't mind me asking?
    Letter dated 7/25/85

By the way Bill have you checked this one out yet?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I have, Bruce. pretty good flick IMO. Then, I enjoy most everything, Clint produces, directs and/or acts. JT, was urprisingly good in this as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bruce, now that you brought it up, what would you say are your top five favorite, Clint Eastwood films? The list would include anything he directed, produced or acted in. He has such an amazing career and catalog that it is pretty tough to divine the top few, but I believe I would say in no particular order....

Kelly's Heroes
    Dirty Harry
    The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Million Dollar Baby
    Unforgiven

Tough list to narrow down and I am sure I forgot a good one or two, but a fair representation on my part, I think. One that I am absolutely certain of is "Kelly's Heroes". It's an all time favorite film, overall, and I watch it often and generally in tandem with "The Dirty Dozen" (The DVD is one of those "Two-fer" versions). Amazing cast, as well, Telly Savales, Don Rickles, Donald Sutherland (Oddball) and Carroll O'Connor to name a few!!!Matter of fact, I believe I will go put it on right now!!! Your thoughts?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Skeleton Crew collection, Bruce. wow, the limited was only $75, how times have changed.

(I hope I'm the right collection thread now, Bill!)

Page 75 of 96 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast